I stayed here in June 2013 with my husband and 3 year old daughter. The hotel itself is lovely, clean and the rooms are very modern, we booked a swim up room but didnt realise until we arrived it wasnt swim up as we thought more like a shared pool with the neighbours which gave little privacy when the neighbours kept swimming past our veranda when we wanted a quiet sunbathe!
The major down sides to this hotel are the place was so heaving and if you were not down the pool at 6am to stick towels on the beds you were snookered!
The food was diabolical for all inclusive I was suprised that there wasnt food on offer 24/7 only at certain time slots during the day. We ate in the main restaurant buffet style , mexican buffet style again and italian, the italian was the best but even this was very poor it was allegedly served so you pick off a menuyes the pizzas were cooked fresh but if you wanted pasta you went up tothe servery where a 'chef' term used loosely! dipped precooked pasta in warm water to heat up then slopped a sauce on!!!, during the day the best food was the kebab hut by the pool & this was the best food all holiday! so basically if kebab is the best meal you get on an all incl holiday some major improvement is needed!! We ended up eating out several night out of 7 due to it being so bad we found some fantastic restaurants on the front for tapas well worth getting out ofhthe holiday village.
The next major issue I have is the level of noise on an evening yes people are on holiday and stay out late but just because you are on holiday it doesnt mean you lose all manners and consideration for others at 1, 2 and 3am in the morning with adults & kids screaming and shouting up the corridors as they are all tiled corridors and very noisy and echo!! This is a family hotel and some peole need to appreciate that some of us have smaller kids that go to bed earlier than them most nights my 3 year old was woken several times.
The pools in June were absolutely baltic my daughter used the roind baby pool but was blue with teeth chattering after half an hour, there is a pool undercover which is heated but its quite small and if it wasnt someone puking in it one day it was a turd floating the next!
Overall this place has lovely facilities but is spoilt in so many ways more like Butlins abroad full of chavs! I joined a facebook group for this hotel prior to going and the reviews were all 'this place is fantastic' and 'best holiday we have had' all I can say is these people must have been somewhere different or eat really crap food. I also found that if you said anything negative about the place on this facebook page you were hounded about your comments so much so that whilst I was there I was getting dirty looks from other people in the group who were also there! very bizarre behaviour so beware if you do check reviews on these facebook pages!!
I would not return in a million years!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Protur Monte Safari, a four star aparthotel in Majorca, is located in the outskirts of Cala Millor, to the side of a hill with beautiful views from Costa de los Pinos to Sa Coma. The city center is about 1000 m away. It has 306 apartments with heating and air-conditioning that have one bedroom, a living-dining room, satellite TV, piped music from TV channel, safe-deposit box, direct-line phone, fridge, microwave, bathroom and balcony. The Aparthotel has a lounge bar, poolside bar, restaurants (Sa Sinia, Es Moli, Sa Gondola), TV room, games room, outdoor swimming pools with area for children, heated swimming pool with jacuzzi, sauna, gym, children's playground and Mini Club. Amongst its numerous facilities is noteworthy its real turf football pitch and Spa centre (open tuesday through sunday). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Village Majorca - Protur Monte Safari reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protur Monte Safari Hotel Cala Millor
- Protur Monte Safari Cala Millor
- Holiday Village Majorca - Protur Monte Safari Cala Millor