“Great for families but overpriced.”

Holiday Village Majorca - Protur Monte Safari
Ranked #6 of 59 Hotels in Cala Millor
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed as a family of 4 for 2 weeks. The kids are age 9 & 4. Arriving at the hotel, we were all really impressed. The reception staff were amazing, particularly Michelle. Check in took 2 mins and our luggage was brought to our room. The rooms are done to a great standard and they are superclean, as is the whole resort. The food in the main buffet restaurant is good, and there was a good selection but there was nights wen we struggled a little. Thank god for the stir fry! The a la carte restaurant was nice but could have been better. Also, Fridays are adult only but there were no times that coincided with the kids clubs so that was impossible for us. We didn't bother with the Italian so I have no idea! The tex me was amazing. We were there 3 times in total. The pools are a decent size but there isn't anything in them for older kids. We were lucky that our girls amused themselves! The kids clubs are amazing and the staff so a fab job. Our girls still talk about missing Rich, Kaitlyn and Amy! Lol the only downside was because it was June, there wasn't as many sessions in for the older kids but the ones that were on, she loved! The rooms were really lovely and done up beautifully. Plenty of space and comfy beds and furniture. The entertainment team are really good and out their all into everything they do, from singing the chocolatte song around the pool and dancing to the night time entertainment. The widgets were also a big hit with my youngest! All in all, we did have a good holiday but I do think it was overpriced. The food could have been a lot better but other than that, a good time was had by all!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank pinkychick
Write a ReviewReviews (1,322)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Room was lovely, recently refurbed and to a high, modern standard.
Food wasnt that great and im not a fussy eater. Have had much better food at 4 star and 3 star hotels. Wasnt enough variety and had to wait ages for chefs to cook meat/stir fry/omelettes etc.
Pool area wasnt big enough for the amount of guests. had to get up at 7.45 every morning and sit with towels for 15 mins to ensure getting a sun bed. if you left it until after 9.30am you run the risk of not getting a bed at all.
Gym is the least equipped gym that i have ever seen in hotel abroad.
Im not one to moan but had to let people know, who are expecting a 5 star experience, that you wont get one. Had a lovely time, really enjoyed it, but wont be going again. was just disappointed because the level that i expected to get was not met.

Hotel should be 3/4 star.

Room Tip: ground floor room with pool looked amazing
2  Thank Sturegan
Proturhotels, Director of Sales at Holiday Village Majorca - Protur Monte Safari, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

We are sorry that your stay did not live up to your expectations and thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We came and to this hotel because of all the fantastic ratings . To be honest the hotel isn't bad but it's very average . I must say the staff here work very hard and there is no complaint about them what so ever but a four star hotel I'm not so sure about the rooms are nice aircon and flat screens wifi not the greatest but works . Kids clubs are fantastic for the kids but adult entertainment is very Butlins and the main buffet restaurant is very school dinner like . My main gripe and problem with the hotel is the wasps they are absolutely everywhere I've been stung three times and there are lots of people and children being stung they are in swarms around the pool areas because of the fizzy drinks and bins everywhere and are covering all drinks dispensers . The hotel have tried to sort the drinks out by place a net curtain over it but it has not helped . I understand this are honey bee's and are protect . But these need to be contained as they are everywhere . Good holiday though shame about the wasps (bee's)3outof5

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Userkeptprivate
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Brilliant hotel and first choice staff made the holiday fab for our family of four. Clean rooms if a little small, there's no difference between the family room and the suite, despite extra cost. The a la cartes were really just the buffet in disguise, could have done with a genuine quality eating experience. I'm not sure it's possible not to enjoy the holiday villages, first choice just need to tweak it a little bit.

Room Tip: Family rooms and suites are the same physical size, despite price difference not worth the upgrade.
4  Thank Mark L
Reviewed 26 July 2014

As a 16 year old I really did not expect much of a family holiday in majorca. If im honest, I was expecting that id be lying on a sunbed, reading for two weeks. But I was immedietly proved wrong. From day one, the entire entertainment team went out of their way to ensure everyone had a good holiday. Everyday there was activities and I was never bored. Every morning at 11.30 I did aqua fit, that was soon followed by party dancing around the pool. At about 11.30 there was a poolside general knowledge quiz and that was soon followed by waterpolo for the over 16s.
The food buffet was of a high standard, serving different themes every night, ranging from chinese to itlalian to hindu! As a food lover, im quite a picky eater but each and every night there was a plate full of outstanding food in front of me.
The entertainment team, (which had been at the hotel from 9am, to take part in various activities such as aqua fit, quizes, water bingo etc.) Were still out, performing with smiles on their faces. Even after the show was over they stayed to converse and to take pictures. The kids entertainment was unbeatable, dancing getting all the kids, including my 5 year old sister who is extremely shy, involved in the competitions and dances. Even I got involved with the dances and know all the dances. By the end of my holiday the team knew my name and I was in tears before I left but they all made sure to get a 'selfie' and to give me a hug before I left. No amount of pictures or reviews could ever give it justice.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor family room with a pool side view. Great atmosphere to wake up to.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Catherine S
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My young family and I stayed at this resort in June. We had a lovely time here, food was of a good standand and was of a large variety, entertainment was good for the kids but probably could have been abit better for the adults, having been to two other HV Rhodes and thr previous Majorca can'picfort alot of the holiday villages have similarities ie food options, (The kebab hut here is amazing all HV should have one great snack bar if you don't want to eat in main restaurant at lunch time) entertainment, kids clubs I would say this HV had a nice children's pool and splash park and also a nice adults only Rhodes was lovely but location wasnt great, Majorca was great only downfall was complex was dated. This one is very modern, clean and one other thing I found of use to me... this is the only HV iv been to that has children's programmes on tv whilst getting ready in the room or if you had to go back to you room early you do have English channels like bbc1 itv itv 2 e4 cbeebies, Cbbc etc. dont be alarmed by the wasps I of all people hate wasps but these don't sting they can be a nuisance but won't harm you. I would return here!!

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Pauros22
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We spent 2 weeks here in July 2014 and had a fantastic time! First Choice really have thought of everything, from the glass of fizz on arrival right down to the bottles of water on departure. The hotel is lovely; very modern and clean throughout. The staff really do go out of there way to make sure that you have the best holiday! Ryan on the entertainment team was amazing and really good with our 2 boys! Abs, holiday advisor, was superb and couldn't have done enough to help us, right down to advising good local restaurants. My only complaint would be that the food in the hotel was very samey and also quite bland. It was nice to escape the hotel and visit Cala Millor beach, 5 mins away, via the free shuttle bus. Also, 6 euro in a taxi to Cala Bona harbour for some lovely restaurants. I'd highly recommend a visit to L'Olivas! Overall, we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and wouldn't hesitate it recommend it!

1  Thank LisaDiffin
#10 of 59 in Cala Millor
Hipotels Dunas Cala Millor
Hipotels Dunas Cala Millor
#21 of 59 in Cala Millor

Been to Holiday Village Majorca - Protur Monte Safari? Share your experiences!