“Another fantastic trip to HVM” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Village Majorca - Protur Monte Safari

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cala Millor
Holiday Village Majorca - Protur Monte Safari
Ranked #4 of 65 Hotels in Cala Millor
Ballymoney, United Kingdom
“Another fantastic trip to HVM”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I'm finally getting round to writing a review of our brilliant second visit to the Holiday Village Majorca! We stayed from 9th July - 22nd July in a one bedroom apartment with our two girls aged 3 (turned 4 while we were on holiday) and 5. We really loved our holiday again this year - in fact, some things were even better than last year - railings had been put around the high wall near the entertainment and around the baby circular pool and a great new jacuzzi/relax area had been added.
Our trip was brilliant from start to end. Cava on arrival, helpful, friendly staff, especially the eternally lovely Demi who called across reception "great to see you all again Melanie" (how on earth does she remember everyone from year to year?).
Our girls went to kids' club every morning at 10 - 11.30am and we found there were no problems with queues and the girls loved all the activities. They also went to the Widget parties at the club and went to the chocolate party and sweetie bingo on two evenings. This was great for them but also for us as we went to the adult only night in the Med restaurant on one of the nights!
We had no problems with getting sunbeds, loved the selection of food, ice creams and entertainment. Claire from the entertainment team was such a lovely person and really made Georgia and Amelia feel so special - they still talk about you all the time Claire! It was also brilliant to see Ryan! We loved Ryan at the Bouganvilla in Sa Coma when Amelia and Georgia were tiny and it was so brilliant to see him again. Lisa, Cameron and Shaun were also so friendly and fun, and brilliant dancers! The girls completely fell in love with Nick the swimming instructor and ended up having three one-to-one lessons with him (worth every penny as they can now both swim independently and couldn't before!)
I could ramble on forever but I'll finish with a few tips that we found really useful and we got them from this site last year before we visited for the first time! 1. Bring bath mats for the slippy shower - bathrooms are gorgeous but shower tray is big and is slippy for kids. 2. Bring an extension lead with five or six plugs on it - only one travel adaptor required and you have six plugs to charge all the phones and tablets! 3. Hire the towels from reception (change three times per week and save space in your suitcase). 4, Hair-driers in bathrooms are fine so don't waste space bringing yours!
Have a brilliant time everyone. By the way...we went into Thomson and booked for next year - that's the highest recommendation I could give this place! Melanie.

Room Tip: Block one is great - close to everything but still quiet at night for the kids.
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank Mel310

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Reading the other reviews first thing to say is if you want five star luxury food and wine don't book a four star all inclusive?!! We wanted a 4star family holiday and got it. We would go again and would recommend for families with kids 12 and under.

We booked last minute for family of 4. Kids are 10 and 14. 10 year old loved the pool and footy and evening entertainment. Too cool for clubs! 14 yr old loved free wifi!

Room - as we were last minute and had no choice we were worried about 'twin room' allocated so very pleased with the large room with separate bedroom. Kids had single beds which doubled as lounge chairs and were perfect. Very clean and modern. Plenty storage. Air con didn't go lower than 18 which wasn't cool enough and meant having it on over night which kept me awake.

Food - buffet had plenty choice but over course of a week was slightly repetitive despite themes and especially if you don't eat meat. Quality was as expected. No problems. Yes you waited for omelette but who wants one that isn't cooked?! Clean and tidy and always somewhere to sit in busy periods. We only had one restaurant night out - the Italian - less said about that the better really. Limited choice, poor/confusing service, wished we'd gone to buffet!!

Kids Football academy and adult footy every other day on 4g pitch was top class and way beyond expectations. Played in a memorable 11aside game v staff rep team!! Lads will be lads!

Evening entertainment - is outside and was average. Mix of reps performances and outside acts. All inclusive wine and beer probably helped! Things for me was the music was never anything other than 60s to 80s. Reps should have been dancing to more modern tunes. Don't be late from dinner if you want a seat.

Reps - were fab, professional, fun and friendly. Hotel staff same.

Location - it's approx 1 mile from cala millor beach/resort. Nothing to do in immediate vicinity but not really an issue. Walked a couple of days in full heat which was fine. Also Used free shuttle bus no problems. Tried gokart track on the walk which was fun. Bit pricey. Beach and sea clean. Cala millor shops/bars typical of Spanish sea side. German focus.

Don't go here for the gym it is poor, though does have enough to rumble up a work out.

Don't go here for games room - one pool table and one table tennis and a very large extremely hot conservatory.

Pool - great. Despite signs everywhere that towels placed before 8am will be removed - they aren't. We stuck to rule for 3 days but couldn't get decent place and if you want a good poolside position need to be there by 740 and sit tight til 8.

Insects - I'm not an apiologist so don't know if the species occupying some of the sugary drinks machines were wasps or bees but we just went the extra few steps to machines where there weren't any. No stinging. No problems.

Do go here for a fun family holiday in the Spanish sun with all inclusive style buffet food and drink

Room Tip: Booked the last available standard 'twin room' which was much bigger than we expected for fa...
8 Thank VisitBolton
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had a week in July, I was a bit nervous to begin with as I am pregnant and we also have a 1 year old daughter. I picked the resort and for the money I was hoping it was going to be well worth it and my husband would not be disappointed with my choice. I picked this resort especially for my 1 year old daughter and I can honestly say I am so glad we did, she absolutely loved it and we loved seeing her so happy and playing in the little pools. We booked a suite which was not that much more. We had a room at the back of the resort which faced the car park and a field with goats in it. I am so glad we got this room as this was more quiet than a pool view room which you can see and hear the evening entrainment from. had my daughter been a bit older it may not have mattered as much as we would have been amongst it all but she was in bed by 9 so it suited us. The suite was well worth booking, it just give you that extra room, more wardrobe space and freedom to move around. The fridge was really handy as I put her fresh milk (from the well equipped hotel shop downstairs, V handy!) in there for her bottles and just heated it in the room with hot water from the kettle and a metal cup.

I can't fault the pools, plenty of choice. The toddler splash pools were the best fun. My daughter loved it in there and everyone else in the resort loved it too, lots of happy children and happy mums and dads. We had no problems getting sun lounges we just walked down at 8:30 to put towels down and then went to breakfast from there.

The food was great, plenty of choice, probably a 3.5 - 4 out of 5. I personally love buffet food but this may not be the favourite of everyone. Every night has a different theme such as Indian, Mexican, Italian, English. I personally wouldn't bother with the restaurants which were the tex mex, italian and the mediterranean. As there is a theme night in the main restaurant you need not go to these. It really depends on what you want, the mediterranean restaurant had waiter service so if you didn't fancy the whole serve yourself buffet then give it a go. I am pregnant and I can honestly say I was totally confident about the food, I was worried before as you do about going abroad and bugs but this place is so clean and has very high standards. love the alcohol hand cleaner as you go in but if you lick your fingers during your meal then it really leaves an awful taste in your mouth! (I licked my fingers because I was feeding my little girl! :) )
You have food served all day from bars and the kebab hut, you will definitely not get hungry here.
I will say that there are lots of honey bees on the self serve drinks machine. They personally didn't bother me one little bit. They are very placid and do not sting, poor things just want a bit of sugar, they are protected so cannot be exterminated. Nothing to worry about here.

The Staff are so happy, friendly, helpful and can't do enough for you. We left a tip for the Kebab man on your last day he was really lovely and friendly. They all are so I give 10 out of 10 for staff including an excellent 5* hotel reception team! very impressed.

If you want to go to the beach then there is a bus run by the hotel every 15 mins. The bus driver is lovely. We walked to the beach a few times its not that far really but great to go for a walk to get baby off to sleep in the buggy. Loads of little shops, restaurants typical resort really nothing to shout out about which is majorly different.

I can't comment about the evening entertainment, what we did see was great for tiny little ones around 7 pm we only stayed for an hour or so and it was good.

I think this covers everything, its a very clean, well presented and decorated resort. You will not want for anything. I hope this helps make your decision on deciding to go. You'll have fun and your kids will love it!!

Room Tip: Suite - we chose a suite which was excellent well worth the little bit extra money we paid especiall...
6 Thank GayleShillings
Portadown,Northern Ireland,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed as a family of 4 for 2 weeks. The kids are age 9 & 4. Arriving at the hotel, we were all really impressed. The reception staff were amazing, particularly Michelle. Check in took 2 mins and our luggage was brought to our room. The rooms are done to a great standard and they are superclean, as is the whole resort. The food in the main buffet restaurant is good, and there was a good selection but there was nights wen we struggled a little. Thank god for the stir fry! The a la carte restaurant was nice but could have been better. Also, Fridays are adult only but there were no times that coincided with the kids clubs so that was impossible for us. We didn't bother with the Italian so I have no idea! The tex me was amazing. We were there 3 times in total. The pools are a decent size but there isn't anything in them for older kids. We were lucky that our girls amused themselves! The kids clubs are amazing and the staff so a fab job. Our girls still talk about missing Rich, Kaitlyn and Amy! Lol the only downside was because it was June, there wasn't as many sessions in for the older kids but the ones that were on, she loved! The rooms were really lovely and done up beautifully. Plenty of space and comfy beds and furniture. The entertainment team are really good and out their all into everything they do, from singing the chocolatte song around the pool and dancing to the night time entertainment. The widgets were also a big hit with my youngest! All in all, we did have a good holiday but I do think it was overpriced. The food could have been a lot better but other than that, a good time was had by all!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pinkychick
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Room was lovely, recently refurbed and to a high, modern standard.
Food wasnt that great and im not a fussy eater. Have had much better food at 4 star and 3 star hotels. Wasnt enough variety and had to wait ages for chefs to cook meat/stir fry/omelettes etc.
Pool area wasnt big enough for the amount of guests. had to get up at 7.45 every morning and sit with towels for 15 mins to ensure getting a sun bed. if you left it until after 9.30am you run the risk of not getting a bed at all.
Gym is the least equipped gym that i have ever seen in hotel abroad.
Im not one to moan but had to let people know, who are expecting a 5 star experience, that you wont get one. Had a lovely time, really enjoyed it, but wont be going again. was just disappointed because the level that i expected to get was not met.

Hotel should be 3/4 star.

Room Tip: ground floor room with pool looked amazing
2 Thank Sturegan
Proturhotels, Director of Sales at Holiday Village Majorca - Protur Monte Safari, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
We are sorry that your stay did not live up to your expectations and thank you for your comments.
Essex
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We came and to this hotel because of all the fantastic ratings . To be honest the hotel isn't bad but it's very average . I must say the staff here work very hard and there is no complaint about them what so ever but a four star hotel I'm not so sure about the rooms are nice aircon and flat screens wifi not the greatest but works . Kids clubs are fantastic for the kids but adult entertainment is very Butlins and the main buffet restaurant is very school dinner like . My main gripe and problem with the hotel is the wasps they are absolutely everywhere I've been stung three times and there are lots of people and children being stung they are in swarms around the pool areas because of the fizzy drinks and bins everywhere and are covering all drinks dispensers . The hotel have tried to sort the drinks out by place a net curtain over it but it has not helped . I understand this are honey bee's and are protect . But these need to be contained as they are everywhere . Good holiday though shame about the wasps (bee's)3outof5

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Userkeptprivate
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Brilliant hotel and first choice staff made the holiday fab for our family of four. Clean rooms if a little small, there's no difference between the family room and the suite, despite extra cost. The a la cartes were really just the buffet in disguise, could have done with a genuine quality eating experience. I'm not sure it's possible not to enjoy the holiday villages, first choice just need to tweak it a little bit.

Room Tip: Family rooms and suites are the same physical size, despite price difference not worth the upgrade.
      Sleep Quality
#6 of 48 in Port d'Alcudia
Marins Hotels
Marins Hotels
#15 of 65 in Cala Millor

Been to Holiday Village Majorca - Protur Monte Safari? Share your experiences!