I'm finally getting round to writing a review of our brilliant second visit to the Holiday Village Majorca! We stayed from 9th July - 22nd July in a one bedroom apartment with our two girls aged 3 (turned 4 while we were on holiday) and 5. We really loved our holiday again this year - in fact, some things were even better than last year - railings had been put around the high wall near the entertainment and around the baby circular pool and a great new jacuzzi/relax area had been added.
Our trip was brilliant from start to end. Cava on arrival, helpful, friendly staff, especially the eternally lovely Demi who called across reception "great to see you all again Melanie" (how on earth does she remember everyone from year to year?).
Our girls went to kids' club every morning at 10 - 11.30am and we found there were no problems with queues and the girls loved all the activities. They also went to the Widget parties at the club and went to the chocolate party and sweetie bingo on two evenings. This was great for them but also for us as we went to the adult only night in the Med restaurant on one of the nights!
We had no problems with getting sunbeds, loved the selection of food, ice creams and entertainment. Claire from the entertainment team was such a lovely person and really made Georgia and Amelia feel so special - they still talk about you all the time Claire! It was also brilliant to see Ryan! We loved Ryan at the Bouganvilla in Sa Coma when Amelia and Georgia were tiny and it was so brilliant to see him again. Lisa, Cameron and Shaun were also so friendly and fun, and brilliant dancers! The girls completely fell in love with Nick the swimming instructor and ended up having three one-to-one lessons with him (worth every penny as they can now both swim independently and couldn't before!)
I could ramble on forever but I'll finish with a few tips that we found really useful and we got them from this site last year before we visited for the first time! 1. Bring bath mats for the slippy shower - bathrooms are gorgeous but shower tray is big and is slippy for kids. 2. Bring an extension lead with five or six plugs on it - only one travel adaptor required and you have six plugs to charge all the phones and tablets! 3. Hire the towels from reception (change three times per week and save space in your suitcase). 4, Hair-driers in bathrooms are fine so don't waste space bringing yours!
Have a brilliant time everyone. By the way...we went into Thomson and booked for next year - that's the highest recommendation I could give this place! Melanie.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Protur Monte Safari, a four star aparthotel in Majorca, is located in the outskirts of Cala Millor, to the side of a hill with beautiful views from Costa de los Pinos to Sa Coma. The city center is about 1000 m away. It has 306 apartments with heating and air-conditioning that have one bedroom, a living-dining room, satellite TV, piped music from TV channel, safe-deposit box, direct-line phone, fridge, microwave, bathroom and balcony. The Aparthotel has a lounge bar, poolside bar, restaurants (Sa Sinia, Es Moli, Sa Gondola), TV room, games room, outdoor swimming pools with area for children, heated swimming pool with jacuzzi, sauna, gym, children's playground and Mini Club. Amongst its numerous facilities is noteworthy its real turf football pitch and Spa centre (open tuesday through sunday). ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Protur Monte Safari Hotel Cala Millor
- Protur Monte Safari Cala Millor
- Holiday Village Majorca - Protur Monte Safari Cala Millor