Stayed here from 29/07 - 05/08 and really couldn't fault it. The room (suite) was as good if not better than many a 4 star hotel room, air con in each room that worked. Included mini fridge stocked with water, juices etc. to use. Everywhere - restaurants, pools play areas etc. were spotlessly clean. The main buffet restaurant offered a variety of food whilst also offering freshly cooked ( i.e. as you waited) stir fry, chicken, fish etc. Smaller versions of the buffet were available also at the pool bar area. The kebab hut also offered a nice change as well. The themed restaurants also made a nice change from the buffet restaurant.
Plenty on offer in terms of kids clubs but one or two activities were limited to a certain number of kids so had to get there a bit early to ensure participation. Some parents had pre-booked and paid for additional activities prior to leaving the UK only to find that they would only get half of the sessions they booked. This seemed to be specific to soccer academy.
The holiday village itself is not a massive complex for 1500 people when full. Plenty of sunbeds around the pool even if you did need to be there about 8 ish in the morning to get one. It did get a bit busy around the pool but not so much in the restaurants, bar or snack bars etc.
Some nice touches & rules that I appreciated:
- poolside waiter service of beer, water lemonade melon etc.
- inflatables for the pools left by previous holiday makers collected and made available for new arrivals
- no reserving sunbeds before 8am
- entertainment & all inclusive was over at 12 midnight thus no late night revelry
Would I we go back - answer to that is yes.
What would I do differently - visit Cala Millor town a few times more
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Protur Monte Safari, a four star aparthotel in Majorca, is located in the outskirts of Cala Millor, to the side of a hill with beautiful views from Costa de los Pinos to Sa Coma. The city center is about 1000 m away. It has 306 apartments with heating and air-conditioning that have one bedroom, a living-dining room, satellite TV, piped music from TV channel, safe-deposit box, direct-line phone, fridge, microwave, bathroom and balcony. The Aparthotel has a lounge bar, poolside bar, restaurants (Sa Sinia, Es Moli, Sa Gondola), TV room, games room, outdoor swimming pools with area for children, heated swimming pool with jacuzzi, sauna, gym, children's playground and Mini Club. Amongst its numerous facilities is noteworthy its real turf football pitch and Spa centre (open tuesday through sunday). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Holiday Village Majorca - Protur Monte Safari reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protur Monte Safari Hotel Cala Millor
- Protur Monte Safari Cala Millor
- Holiday Village Majorca - Protur Monte Safari Cala Millor