“Best holiday I've ever been on!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Village Majorca - Protur Monte Safari

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cala Millor
Holiday Village Majorca - Protur Monte Safari
Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Cala Millor
Edinburgh
“Best holiday I've ever been on!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Went to this hotel 2 weeks ago. There is so many good things about this hotel - the best was the food. I looked forward to every meal and it was prepared beautifully. Things like omelettes and pancakes were made to order, dinner was perfect. You has staple food like pasta with sauces, but every night had something different like sushi, stir fry or steak pie. Truly delicious.

I loved the poolside, there was activities on all the time but you could relax by the other pool if you wished. There was even a relaxation area with seriously comfy sleeping pods.

The staff were so kind, nice and happy.

I just had a great time on this trip... Perfect holiday, and can't wait to go back. It has something for everyone here, kids had a great time and adults have plenty to do.

Stayed August 2014
4 Thank Ambrynni

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
Dundalk, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed for 2 weeks from end of July 2014 to mid August 2014. Have almost nothing bad to say at all. This place is fantastic - food was a good range and lots of it (think Cruise Ship on land !).

Entertainment team were amazing - Cameron does a great job along with all the others - Claire, Lisa, Shaun, Ryan and Russel the Brussel (you had to be there!).
Kids activities were plentiful and well setup. We did the high ropes 3 times, climbing wall, family canoeing, rookie lifeguard among others. All the Kids team were fantastic.

Night time shows were overall very good - some nights were purely the in-house entertainment team, other nights professionals were brought in. Didn't see them all in our two weeks, but the Kenyan Acrobats were amazing. Unfortunately, the Beijing Acrobats and the UK comedian/magic guy were nowhere near the same standard. Overall I would rate the evening entertainment highly. It started every evening at around 7pm with smaller kids shows and worked up to a big show each night which finishes at about 22:30. Even the late shows are still very very kid friendly

Hotel itself was fantastic, we were in block 2 far side from the pool. Meant our balcony was always out of direct sun which suited us. (look for pool side of block if you want a sunny balcony all the time). Hotel was very clean, our room was serviced 6 out of 7 days (they take 1 day off in each block each week).

Bar/restaurant staff are all very good, very child friendly. Our daughter had her birthday whilst we were there. Without prompting, the hotel had organised a birthday cake and restaurant staff sang Happy Birthday for her during the evening meal. very nice touch

Only slightly sour note was the First Choice (or Thompson - not sure) rep "Hailey". she was not the most helpful - when asked about a kids activity she seemed annoyed at the question and then got stroppy when we didn't know where exactly the actual kids club was (1st day). Maybe she was just having a bad day.

Hotel was located a 15 minute walk from the beach (not particularly scenic walk - just a boring stroll along footpaths), but the hotel runs a shuttle bus for free up and down (with a very friendly driver, Ivan)

Cala Millor is a fairly quite little town, can easily be walked in an hour through the length of it. Beach is nice with some family activities (typical banana boat type stuff). We took bikes for 2 days (3 euro per bike per day - cheap!).

I would definitely recommend to anyone, most especially for families with kids. Ours are 9 and 7 and suited them perfectly but would suit most ages I think.

Room Tip: If you want sunny balcony ask for Pool side of room blocks 1 and 2. If you want a shaded balcony as...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Declan C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We had 2 weeks here at the beginning of July before the schools in England finished and had a wonderful time. We had our 2 kids, 9 and 15, with us and they had the best holiday ever! The free wifi was a godsend for my son who spent many hours using his tablet! The kids club was amazing, as always (having been to Holiday Village Portugal last year). The hotel was immaculate at all times and all the staff were friendly and professional. The daytime entertainment staff were lots of fun by the pool each day, especially George! The evening entertainment staff worked so hard it was amazing! They were extremely professional but also so friendly, we really made friends with them all especially Clare and Lisa who were fabulous with the children and super company for the adults too! My only negative comment about the hotel was that the food was very "samey" each day but was excellent quality. I understand that catering for that many people must be a nightmare as the food is available from 8am until midnight and was always fresh and tasty. Overall, I would love to go back and we really miss Clare and Lisa!!!!

8 Thank Sally G
Haworth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Its not easy to know where to start this review but I suppose the start would be a good place.
First the excitement of selecting the holiday online, picking the hotel and time of year etc,
Next the confirmation that some details were incorrect which I accept COULD have been my mistake, which meant two phone calls to first choice, a 5-10p a minute phone line which I was kept on hold to the same looped music for a minimum of 45 minutes, totally unacceptable and when I contacted their customer service department their attitude was " Sorry we get really busy and we don't profit from the phone calls" the reality is you get put through to a company call tui tui which are really who thomson appear actually to be, at no point do they really seem to care about any of the points you raised, after all I am only the customer who has spent 4k for weeks holiday, would it be too much to ask to at least feel valued.
Leaving that to one side and fast forward to the holiday, great flight after a manic check in at Manchester despite checking in online and arriving 2 1/2 hours before it was hectic to say the least. the flight was great and I have to say very comfy the seats had leather covers and this really made a difference.
We arrived to be transferred to the hotel via what was decked out as a Thomson coach, what we wasn't aware of is that they are basically dropping anyone and everyone at your resort, so they drop at this hotel and that hotel, the driver didn't speak very good English and Thomson did not have a representative on the coach, I got off at one hotel as it had safari in the name and I didn't want to have to ask the driver to come back if we missed it, as I was getting out my paperwork he became quite rude and I was starting to get annoyed, after finally showing him he said this wasn't our hotel and calmed down and that we need to get back on the coach.
we finally pulled up at HV and checked in.
This was very pleasant as we got a cava and the kids got an orange juice. we were the helped with our bags to our 1 bedroom apartment, the first impression of the resort was that it was very clean, we were shown our room and have to say we were all very impressed. the fact this hotel received a complete upgrade 2 years ago really shows, everything was modern and clean and I have to say for a 4 star( not 5 btw) would be hard to beat.
we relaxed by the pool for an hour or so and then got changed and went for our evening meal to the main self service restaurant,
first impression? we would could hardly see as there was lots of smoke from the chap doing stir fry's but apart from that the food was really pretty reasonable and I thought the whole week there was lots of choice.
We booked into the 3 themed restaurants at reception which we were told required 3 days notice to allocate us a table, which meant by being there only a week we had to have all 3 restaurants in the last 4 nights of our stay. this wasn't really a problem just seemed a little bit silly( why cant you book these before you go?)
Conclusion of the restaurants is as follows
Italian-very nice, good service, nice atmosphere, lovely pizza.
Tex-mex - shocking horrible food not authentic at all
Medeterrain- nice atmos, service average, food average.
We attended the welcome meeting but both our children who are ten and twelve didn't want to go into any clubs because they fell in to different age groups. I have to say the football facilities looked tremendous and appeared to be well organised.
My youngest hated the kids top he was given which would have been better suited for a 7 year old rather than someone who is 10.
The evening entertainment was all child orientated until about 9.30 then the more adult show started the first night the reps did a singing anthems slot which we all thought was quite good,(in all fairness to the first choice reps they did work their socks off). for the rest of the week it was a very mixed bag, third rate act from Lancashire reminded me of a very poor cross between cannon and ball and peter kay without the comedy, the rest of the week was fairly average, the magician wasn't bad and the acrobats were ok.
The other slight bug bear was there was hardly anywhere to just go and have a bit of quiet time with a drink, there were some lovely rattan sofa areas outside near reception, these would have been perfect apart from that in the middle of each was a giant rattan ball that has cushions inside which rotated, which meant that kids just piled inside and spent hours spinning each other round, very relaxing, not!
The next few days were ok, we got up about 8 and had breakfast, rather than going out and saving sunbeds we just found empty ones and put them under the trees near the pool and thought we had it sussed Until!!!!!!!!
day one child accident in the pool, waste floating around, one pool closed, other two packed so game over
day two after getting up early and securing loungers and brolly we had sick in pool, fished out by attendant once we brought it to his attention, so we kept to other end of pool, only for more waste to be floating again, one pool closed other two packed game over
Letter put under door by management reminding guests to buy swim nappies from the shop and that anyone caught not using them would be asked to leave,(would have made more sense to ban any toddlers from the pool who was not wearing one!)
The day after we went to the beach, had a lovely day, nice and quiet very cosmopolitan as there were Spanish and Germans and Norwegians. came back, went to go in lift only to be confronted by fresh sick, we rang reception to inform them but used the stairs from then on.
Also when we returned we saw there had been yet another waste incident at the pool so the notice from the hotel had made no difference, we didn't not use the pools again!!!!
From then on we got up late and got breakfast which was good and fairly quiet by the entertainment area which I would recommend, we then went to the beach for the rest of the holiday which wasn't too much of a pain with the shuttle bus. we had a lovely time and came back early evening feeling very relaxed.
The all inclusive drinks were good and the choice plentiful the only thing lacking was a decent wine. bees or wasps round the drink stations were a bit off putting but wasn't as big an issue has some have made out, but I'm not scared of them.
so what is the big gripe then?
Location? No
Standard of hotel ? No
Quality of Amenities? No
Friendliness of staff? No
Cleanliness of hotel? No (the staff worked so hard and were so friendly)

Nope the gripe underlining everything was
Fellow Guests!!!
if it wasn't the waste in the pool it was kids fingers in the fondue or ball bouncing where people were trying to relax,Even when their children did do stuff like were sick in the lift or pool they didn't even let staff know!
Even in the sports bar you have kids screaming outside as they treat the inside area as their own play ground under absolutely no supervision.
Someone who was that way inclined could take a child very easy without anyone knowing and it would be ages before the alarm was raised such is the lack of attention.
They let their kids eat IN and around the pools, let them drop popcorn absolutely everywhere and don't even have the decency to pick it up, they just leave it to the staff who have a patience I really admire.
So all in all would I stay here again? No
It was the wrong hotel for us, for families with kids 8 and below who love clubs and don't mind the whacky warehouse noise you will have a great time, this was our fault for selecting the wrong holiday, this combined with the lack of customer care services shown by First Choice and the points raised above mean that I would not stay here again!
this hotel deserves better guests!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
17 Thank happytraveller186409
Proturhotels, Director of Sales at Holiday Village Majorca - Protur Monte Safari, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
We very much appreciate your comments and are pleased that on the whole you managed to make the most of your stay in spite of the problems encountered, caused on the most part by other guests. We thank you for pointing out the merits of our hotel and are sorry that it was not maybe ideally suited to your needs. We might suggest that for the future you might like to take a look at our 4 & 5 hotels in Sa Coma which we are sure offer facilities and activities that are more suited to your family's needs. We thank you once again for your positive feedback and hope to welcome you back in the future.
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We just returned after 2 weeks at the holiday village Majorca, we had a lovely holiday. We took our 2 children aged 9 & 6. You couldn't fault it for kids they absolutely loved it & to be honest we couldn't fault it either. The only criticism if any I had was it was a little too far away from the beach but other than that the hotel was superb.

4 Thank Jeanette E
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have been back just under a week, and would do anything to go back. Had 2 amazing weeks there, gutted it wasn't longer. Everything about the holiday was great. The hotel was immaculate, and was always being cleaned. All the hotel staff were really friendly. The HV team at resort were all fab. A special mention to the entertainment team Ryan, Shaun, Lisa, Rhianna, Claire, and Cameron who were always around during the day and night. This team were so good and the shows they did are amazing, they always get everyone involved. My nephew loved this team especially Ryan.
The food was lovely and always so much choice, my body now thinks it's being starved lol
The crèche team were really good and my nephew loved seeing the girls.
And I can't forget George who was just great.
I so wish I was going back again.

Sleep Quality
      Rooms
3 Thank Becky L
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

This was our second year at the HV and we had a lovely holiday overall.
Positives
Hotel staff are great, reception , restaurant, cleaners and management all friendly, helpful and responsive.
Stayed in a duplex with interconnecting room, it was fabulous. Gave us an escape , gorgeous view and somewhere to sun bathe when the pool madness got too much. 5* room.
Kids activities are excellent, great choice and they've improved the queueing situation and the selection since last year.
Italian and med restaurants made a nice change and had improved since last year.
Breakfast was fabulous, you can now get fresh omelettes , pancakes, bacon and eggs until 11am ( at the pool bar ). Choice is great.
White wine was better this year ( still needed ice, but you no longer wince when drinking it). Beer and vodka were the proper stuff.
Some of the safety issues eg no handrail on slopes to entertainment and low wall over entertainment have been addressed.
Everywhere is really clean. Cleaning staff come 6 times per week and we had fresh towels every day.
Some of the entertainment was good , we always love Russell the Brussel and Cameron did a hilarious job of him this year. A few of the outside acts were great. The party dances and razzmatazz were fab, we also loved the game show sections.
Negatives
Bees were much worse than last year, I saw 8 people get stung ( my daughters got stung, one of them while swimming in the pool !). The hotel put up a glass door over one area, this worked so hopefully will get rolled out.the lovely staff coming around the pool with drinks was a nice touch too. I think that covered bins would also help. If you get a bed near a bin, good luck !
The queues for the stir frys were a bit ridiculous by the time we left . If anyone has one then the chances are you'll be on coffee by the time they sit back down.
The food is good but could be massively improved by using more fresh herbs, garlic and chilli ( in the spicy stuff). The Mexican food was gross, all fajita options were sweet -yak and no grated cheese or soured cream in sight. Curries were all very bland .
Desserts are samey, a lot of them ( not all) consist of a sweet mousse in a variety of colours.
AI Cocktails are pre mixed and either too sickly ( piña colada) or too sharp ( mojito ). I've been to a lot if AI's where they make them up and they're much nicer.
The entertainment team were ok. I think if you'd never been to a holiday village before or you have young kids, you'll love it. I've known teams who are even more interactive around the pool , particularly with older kids and better at singing as a group. Have to say that individually there were largely fine but as a group it was all a bit dodgy. To be fair though, they've had recent cast changes so it will probably get better as the season goes on.
This holiday village lacks another quieter , outside bar , the sports bar is always pretty empty as no one wants to sit inside.
The pool is way too crowded, for decent sun beds it was 745 at the start of the holiday and 7am at the end. It made me feel claustrophobic this year. They have put in a new area for adults only which is lovely but as most people have young kids they can't use it so it was largely empty. A deep pool with a bigger slide would have given the teens something to do and may have helped more.
The transfer was horrendous on the way there , at 1am they kept us on the car park for over an hour waiting for the next flight ! Cheap skates for not providing more coaches !
Biggest gripe of the holiday though was that First choice changed our flights from day to night flights and their grossly unfair terms and conditions meant that we had to pay £800 to change them back to day flights on another day. The first choice manager on site did what she could for us and was really helpful, but the call centre are shockingly bad !
Finally tbh it's too expensive for what it is. We had already booked again , based on last year and so I'm desperately hoping first choice will put some of these things right again next year.

• Stayed August 2014
#6 of 48 in Port d'Alcudia
IBEROSTAR Cala Millor
IBEROSTAR Cala Millor
#6 of 65 in Cala Millor

Been to Holiday Village Majorca - Protur Monte Safari? Share your experiences!