We stayed in a duplex room, it was fantastic! There was a huge double bed in the bedroom and a large sofa bed in the lounge with a flat screen in both, tea, coffee and a mini bar with coke, fanta, water and fizzy wine (doesn't get re-stocked) - nice surprise. There was a balcony and this is where we watched the evening entertainment as it was so busy in the stage area and the pillars and trees get in the way nit to mention the people that just came and stood directly in front of our table. We had a spiral staircase leading up to the deck where there was a beautiful area to relax away from the chaos around the pool and a whirlpool tub with a lovely view across the resort, there was also a double padded bed up there along with 2 two seater wicker chairs, table, two sun loungers and a shower - adjustable temp! So the room was absolutely awesome :-)
The hotel and grounds were immaculate, theres even a reading room with coffe machines and pastries but there were a few things that really put a damper on this holiday...
Trying to find our coach transfer was a nightmare as it was so busy at the airport and there were no reps there to meet us - something that has never happened on our previous first choice holidays. We were then directed to the wrong coach ad there were no signs and there was no-one from first choice on the coach either. Pulled up at hotel - still no-one so we wern't sure if we were at the right place.
They have crammed in so many loungers around the pool that people are climbing over you (and dripping on you) to get past. The reserving of sunbeds is forbidden before 8 am so it's a mad rush to get one or 3 in our case.
Having previously gone to HV Rhodes, we thought that being 5* this one would be similar but it wasn't really, we found the staff in the main buffet area quite rude and they closed half the seating area before breakfast was over - still 1 1/2 hrs to go and my husband got told to move to another part -very rude. The food was nowhere near the standard of Rhodes and it is very spread out but with the same things, even the kids food was the same as the adults just on a lower cart. I will eat anything so it wasn't a problem just a bit let down really but my 9 yr old who is heavily into her veg was gutted and there wasn't much in the way of salad - not even cucumber lol.
Lots of drinks stations and places to eat which was good. Another good point was the life-guard at the pool. €15 deposit per towel is a bit steep. Swim up rooms are away from the pool so we never saw anyone in them and the pools - although a few- were very small, by the time all the kids have their inflated toys and the staff have their area blocked off, there really isn't a great deal of room.
All in all nice, clean resort with awesome duplex rooms but we prefer Rhodes even though the flight is more than twice as long :-).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Protur Monte Safari, a four star aparthotel in Majorca, is located in the outskirts of Cala Millor, to the side of a hill with beautiful views from Costa de los Pinos to Sa Coma. The city center is about 1000 m away. It has 306 apartments with heating and air-conditioning that have one bedroom, a living-dining room, satellite TV, piped music from TV channel, safe-deposit box, direct-line phone, fridge, microwave, bathroom and balcony. The Aparthotel has a lounge bar, poolside bar, restaurants (Sa Sinia, Es Moli, Sa Gondola), TV room, games room, outdoor swimming pools with area for children, heated swimming pool with jacuzzi, sauna, gym, children's playground and Mini Club. Amongst its numerous facilities is noteworthy its real turf football pitch and Spa centre (open tuesday through sunday). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Village Majorca - Protur Monte Safari reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protur Monte Safari Hotel Cala Millor
- Protur Monte Safari Cala Millor
- Holiday Village Majorca - Protur Monte Safari Cala Millor