1. First of all, it was very hard to find the hotel and the receptionist could not help us on the phone because of her poor English, she suggested us to ask the Information of the City Centre (who kindly sent us to a different place) how to find her hotel then just hung up. Amazing!
2. Once we arrived the hotel, the receptionist was really nice but could hardly understand us. The family suite was ok, big enough but very very old. The bathroom was not clean enough, my son refused to take a shower there. I had to call several times the receptionist for the problems we had. The kids had two single beds neatly laid out in the sitting room, where behind the Bar. The kids could not sleep because of the noises of the old refrigerator, it makes funny noises every 15 minutes. I’ve never seen this even in a 3 stars hotel somewhere else. We had to pay 3 euros per day to USE THE SAFE! The housekeepers start working at 8 a.m. every morning and they shouted at each other in the corridor, I got up twice to stop them. Amazing! !
3. The hotel is mainly for German market, so everything is written in German, even not in Spanish (excuse me, I thought we were in Spain, no?), we received an information note which told us that there would be no water at all from 10 a.m to 3 p.m. the next day, which was written in German, I had to check the dictionary to find out. Amazing!! !
4. I booked the family suite from booking.com from 11 to 19 July. But in the evening of the 14th, our neighbor’s baby kept on crying, and it seemed that they could not sleep neither since we could hear them very clearly (the wall is extremely thin, so that we could hear everything, believe me when I said everything is everything). The noises from the next door continued until the next morning, I could not stand anymore, so I called the reception and asked the lady to come to my room to listen, she said yes but she never showed up.
5. We decided to leave on the 15th, it is not a five stars hotel, too many problems and the services were bad. The receptionist gave me a handwriting bill without saying a word, even not a “sorry”. We found another 4 stars hotel which was much better than Lago Garden, we were very happy for our decision.
6. Unless you speak perfect German and Spanish, and you don’t mind the old hotel and bad services, otherwise, never go this hotel. It’s expensive, and not worth.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Lago Garden Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Lago Majorca
- Hotel Lago Garden
- Lago Garden Hotel Majorca/Cala Ratjada