This was a "nice'ish" hotel, however the rooms very small, we are a family of 5, the youngest being 2 1/2 and we had been asked if we wanted a cot at booking and stated no as our daughter no longer sleeps in a cot and wont!, however on arrival there was a cot in our bedroom and upon asking reception to change it to a bed we were advised that this hotel does not have rooms that sleep 5, only 4, I did again advise her that my daughter would not sleep in a cot and was there not a spare bed in the hotel we could have, she said no again, after telling her that my daughter would not sleep in a cot I was then told "Do not to say that again", after again asking the receptionist if there are any spare beds in the hotel she got on the phone, came off the phone and said no beds available, I did then tell her that my daughter has not slept in a cot for some time and that she will not sleep in a cot and advised her that I was going for some lunch as we had just arrived and lunch was almost over and I would call back to see if we had a resolution.... upon our return to our room there was a fold out bed placed against the wall of our bedroom, which in this tiny room was just big enough for two single beds, already pushed together, and just enough room to open the cuboard door, so upon inspecting the living room where my two older boys were to sleep on single couches, we had to then move the coffee table out to the balcony to then have room for all three beds to be squeezed together!
We also had an issue with ants in our bathroom, which after advising the reception then migrated to the bedroom on day two, which again advised reception to find we were still sharing the bedroom with on day three and the remainder of our holiday even after advising the reception of a third time, we had no food in the apartment as we were all inclusive so kept the apartment as tidy as possible, however to no avail as we continued to find ants everywhere, in the cuboard crawling over our new clean clothes...
The hotel itself is very "Germanfied" this is obiviously a hotel well advertised in German travel agents as the food is geared towards German preference, the food really didn't change much from day to day, would have been nice even just to have some Ham at lunch time instead in the morning for breakfast, scrambled eggs were very rubbery... however they did excel on the puddings and fruit selection, out door pool very cold however thankfully inside pool lovely and warm, if you want a snack during the day outwith meal times there is a small selection of bread roles filled with either Ham & Cheese!!(why now and not at lunch time), Cheese, pistrami & cheese, nothing else, however if you did want say burger and chips (which is all we really craved after a week of rather plain food, no veggie selection even on offer(carrots and pea's would have a welcome option), you were required to pay, at a discounted rate of 50% on the bar menu. We have previsouly gone all inclusive and to say past holidays have greater exceeded our expectations compared to this one, not sure I would use "Sunmaster" again to book a holiday as it would have been nice to have meet some more British families(only two other familes than ourselves), even to be able to understand the evening entertainment as was mostly in German, and be able to have the children join day time activities that were not full of German speaking children and entertainers as my children could not make out what was going on half the time! There was a group of German children left to their own devises most of the time that were rather intimidating and destructive (broke into childrens machine to steal all the toys and leave broken pieces all over arcade area or trying to tip sweety machines to steal from also). Rather disappointing holiday overall, however the weather was nice and beaches very clean and well looked after by life guards.
The hotel is well situated for the beaches.. three within walking distance.. town itself all geared to the German tourist so if you speak German you'll get on well, fine for a last minute break for some sun swimming and relaxation, beaches are a must to visit, water warmer than that of hotel, however the hotel itself was very clean, dinning room very hot on the hoter days as no air con, but the waiting staff were always busy running around cleaning tables (and floors, 2 1/2 year old daughter can make a bit of a mess.. sorry..) Half board would maybe be a preferred choice at this hotel therefore you could go out in the evening... xx
Would perhaps go back to Majorca one day but book elsewhere!. Clean hotel, most of the staff are very helpful and always polite, entertainment staff work very hard, bingo in 4 different languages is not easy by anyone standards... well done them..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Green Garden Aparthotel is synonymous with nature, relax, sun and beach in one of the most beautiful natural nooks of Majorca. This apartments hotel for families in Cala Agulla offers all the necessary services for a holiday full of entertainment with children and a fabulous location surrounded by unique natural landscapes at the foot of the Mediterranean. A destination for living unforgettable moments with your family. Always with the personalised attention and guaranty of Garden Hotels. The Green Garden Aparthotel stands out for its 4-star services specially designed for children's entertainment and adults' relax, and for its privileged location near Cala Agulla beach and a few kilometres away from the Península de Llevant Natural Park. Enjoy 3.000 square metres of gardens, terraces, outdoor swimming pools, sport facilities... The perfect accommodation in Majorca for those looking for calmness and comfort: our hotel in Cala Agulla beach combines spaces for rest with endless activities for all ages, tastes and interests. In its 236 apartments you will be able to enjoy all the comfort and the necessary services for your holidays, as well as thousands of customised plans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Aparthotel Green Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Garden Aparthotel Hotel Cala Ratjada
- Aparthotel Green Garden Cala Ratjada
- Aparthotel Green Garden Hotel
- Aparthotel Green Garden Majorca/Cala Ratjada