After a 2 1/2 transfer finally get to the hotel at 2am to find the hotel is fully booked, they explain they have got a apartment round the corner so they arrange a taxi to take us there. No refreshments were on offer so i asked for some water, upon arrival we are dropped off at a crossroads with no idea where we were staying! I ask the taxi driver which building and he pointed to the one behind us. As we approached the building there was no lighting and my 5 year old sun tripped up and cut his chin open. Once we got in the apartment there was no first aid kit! In the apartment there was no contact details for the hotel either. A taxi picked us up at 930 to take us back to the hotel so we could finally get checked in. Now that we was booked in couldn't fault the hotel it was spotless, the reception staff were excellent and very friendly. The room was spacious and with a sea and pool view. We went for the self catering option but there was a option to pay for breakfast at €8 each and €4 for children, we did this once but wasn't that impressed so we stuck with the restaurants on the beach front. Another option was evening meal at €14 and €7 for children. The hotel was 90% German 5% Spanish and the rest was English or French. Everything in the hotel was geared up for the Germans but all the staff spoke good English, only downside there was no entertainment at all. Overall pleased with the holiday apart from the bad start and again another 2 1/2 hours transfer back to the airport. Ps as we checked out we got charged €4.60 for the water!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dunes Platja Aparthotel is located on the Mediterranean Coast, at first line of the beach and 300 meters from the center of Can Picafort where you can enjoy the atmosphere of the island and its customs. An ideal place for your vacation enjoyable any time of year. Ca'n Picafort is in the middle of the Bay of Alcudia and has over 9 miles of coastline, where we can find sandy beaches and secluded beaches such as Playa Grande, Playa de Son Baulo, Playa de Son Real and Playa de Son Serra de Marina. 47 Apartments spread over 3 floors.They all enjoy a perfect sea view. In addition the Hotel has a dinning room where you can enjoy the buffets at Breakfast and Dinner with Show-Cooking. We also offer "a la Carte-Service" in our Restaurant with nice sea view. The Apartments consist in a double bedroom, lounge, kitchen, bathroom and terrace (occupancy up to 4 people). All units have air conditioning, heating, safe, telephone, TV satellite, hair dryer, refrigerator and microwave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Aparthotel Dunes Platja reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Dunes Platja Hotel Ca`n Picafort
- Aparthotel Dunes Platja Ca'n Picafort, Majorca