“The Pits...!!!”
Review of Hotel Flamenco

Hotel Flamenco
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Just arrived home, today....This is by far, the worse place I've ever stayed in...This hostal/hotel quite clearly, should not be open for human beings.... it's a pig's hole..!!! ...The place is ...absolutely....Filthy, dirty, disgusting,..toilet's don't flush..!!.no bed linen, change, no towel change.. no bins in room...I shared a twin room with my sister, when we arrived, we were told that our bathroom was just up the corridor,which wasn't what we were expecting. Eventually when we used the bathroom, the toilet wouldn't flush.... When we complained, we were told to use the "guest toilet" situated on the 1st floor ( ours was the 4th) till a plumber was called (he NEVER was) .. We were booked on a H/B basis...Our first evening meal was served by two polite, young boys, wearing grey T-Shirts and tracksuit bottoms. No choice on the menu.. Our starter arrived on tiny side plates x3 crispy potato croquets and some kind of potato salad.. I couldn't eat it...!!...as, it was ( unfit for human consumption ) Second course, was, all I can describe as SLOP... again, served on side plates...was just a mush of potato and I believe, chicken...I couldn't eat this either... Actually, I found it quite insulting, that 'they' even expected us humans to eat it!!!.. Please Be Warned.....DON'T BOOK THIS HOTEL....STAY A MILLION MILES AWAY...!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank capra88

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I did not read the reviews until after I had booked to go there and was very apprehensive about what I would find there. We were on the fourth floor with a lovely sea view.Lucas, the main attendant and helper has excellent english and is a very pleasant and helpful member of staff. We had three course meals every night and never left anything on the plate. The rooms were clean and tidy on arrival and the cleaners presence was noticed every day. Statements about the very small lift are true, but it never broke down and was adequate to get the case up and down without too much effort. Out of our 8 days, only once did we have no hot water at the specifide time. Biggest downside was the transport. 3 hours form airport to accomodation. That was longer than the time it took to fly from UK to Majorca. Bus drop offs went to alcudia,port a pollensa, formentor Can Picafort was last. On way back, we were picked up at 11pm and did not get to airport until 2am. Remember, these coaches have NO toilets.Transport was murder. Will not go to this side of the island ever again for this reason. No swimming pool, but right at the beach and a few hundred yards at the end of the street is a cafe with swimming pool and sun beds. Anna Sim from Inverness.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view. Only £10 extra. Rooms are bigger and en-suite.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Anna221
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We booked last min. I never looked up the hostel before I booked!!! Never again! We booked a sea veiw but had to pay an extra €40 to get one, beds made every day so can't complain about that! The young boy on reception is really nice! Hot water twice in the morning the rest of the time the water was cold!on our day of departure we were out our room for 10am and the bus was picking us up at 5.10pm and they WOULDN'T KEEP our cases so had to trail them about all day in the soaring heat! It was awful!

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank KarenDundee
Reviewed 29 September 2012

What can I say although Spain is having a Crisis right now, The money we spent to stay at this hostel would have been better spent staying at a camping site we would have ate and slept better, this is in no way a 2 Star establishment. My wife and I stayed 7 nights we must have been lucky as we had hot water last week, sleeping with the door open was a must but the noise of dog barking 5 out of 7 nights was terrible, we slept better sunbathing on the beach although the outcome of that turned out to be a painful few days.
We went Half board not a good idea at all breakfast was not worth waking up for but we paid for it so ate it, Dinner was a starter (sometimes bigger then main), Main Dish, and best of all pre packed tubs of jelly/yoghurt if your on a diet you will have a great time at Flamenco otherwise my advice is steer clear and pay a bit more for a proper hotel.
Staffing is very lax although when they do manage to do some work they do it very well, our room was cleaned often we received clean towels, as I said earlier we must have been lucky as some people we talked to in the place had none not even a sink plug.
Although our negative points out way our positive points this will be a week we talk about for years to come, met some lovely people having same issues so just laughed it off, but will never go back to the place, all in all hotel thumbs down, but area is great. Best plus point for the place is its close to the Beach.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank John H
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I went to this hostel with my mother for 3 nights. It was part of a holiday package with Logitravel and we had already read some reviews in TripAdvisor: the hostel seemed not great but correct. However our experience there was terrible. Honestly I have been in camping, youth hostels and backpacker's that are way better than this place that is supposed to have 2 stars (and cheaper). The points that bothered me the most about our experience are listed below:
- Mini elevator in which two people barely enter.
- Dirty room, no TV, no air conditioned, no soap, shampoo, or towel hanger in the bathroom.
- The guy said that the hot water system "just broke" some days before our arrival. We knew this was a lie because we have friends that had already been in the hostel and told us that they had to take cold water showers and that was one month before our holiday. By the way, they strongly discouraged us to go in this place, but we had already booked the holiday package.
- As there was no air conditioned and it was very warm in the night we opened the window but then it was so noisy I had to sleep with ear plugs.
- The beds were not comfortable either.
- Everything was very crappy in the room as in the little terrace we had (plastic chairs with Coca Cola advertisement on top, kind of ugly for a 2 star hostel)
- The crappiest was the breakfast: one slice of sandwich bread with butter and marmalade and one piece of industrial pastry. This is really a shame because they have a really good bakery in the same street and they could buy some good artisan bread every morning without spending a lot more money.
So, happily we were there only for 3 nights and we tried to spend the smallest amount of time there but I don't recommend it at all.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Client12345678
Reviewed 21 July 2012

we have just come back.what a joke.we got to are room it was like a prison cell you see on tv. we had no curtains in the toilet so people could see you. i asked about 4 times for some to be put up but never got them. we got a room change after 3 days.we got a balcony but no toilet or shower in are room. the food not even worth a mention it was that bad.the staff was nice but they made the drink prices up as they went along.would i stay again.never. louise n shaun

• Stayed: July 2012
6  Thank louisemoff
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Just come back from here. What a laugh!!! Our room was okay but sheets and towels never changed. We had a bathroom and a balcony. Other rooms had no balconies and others had no bathrooms. They had to use the bathroom and toilet on the landing. Also the shower is always cold, but I was lucky enough to have two hot showers.

The breakfast was simple - very simple - one piece of toast, croissant/piece of cake, butter and jam then tea or coffee or juice. For the evening meal it was 3 course. Not what I would call three course, it could be a two course. We had spaghetti done in mushroom soup, followed by three meatballs and lettuce with slice of tomato and a slither of tomato sauce followed by a choice of dessert - always creme caramel or jelly and sometimes you could have plain yoghurt. Another night we had a burger with no bun, salad and tomato sauce. It cost us a lot more then for food as we had to go out and buy breakfast and food every day.

The local lager was 3 euros for a pint but they seemed to make up the prices as they went along.

It is known by everyone in C'an Picafort as Fawlty Towers. Us and the others staying there had a great laugh, all waiting in anticipation each night of what great delights we were going to have.

I know we didn't pay much but expected more than this.

On the plus side the staff were friendly and it is a good location.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple