This was our second visit to this hotel in the last 12 months with our 4 and 5 year old boys, and we were not disappointed. We have not previously returned to the same place twice, but felt that the holiday village experience here was so perfect for their age group.
The hotel recognised that this was our second visit and left a bottle of bubbly in our room with a 'welcome back' note, making us feel valued as repeat customers.
Our boys remembered the kids club from last year and could not wait to go back each day, leaving us to relax by the pool. They always came out with beaming smiles, certificates, faces painted and talked about the activities they had done.
They spent most of their time playing in the splash pool which we considered to be a safe environment where we could keep an eye on them. They went to swim academy nearly every day and gained so much confidence that they could both swim unaided by the end of their holiday. Our 5 year old has just gained his 25 metre badge at home.... thank you so much Billy and Sam for the great way you interacted with the boys - it was much appreciated by all of us!
The First choice staff are always on hand and worked hard to entertain children and adults especially during the bad weather when I managed to beat Kayley 'picking up the box'!. Although repetitive for adults, the children could not get enough of the evening entertainment. We thought the entertainment was similar to last year's programme but had improved due to the quality of the reps.
The cleaning staff work unbelievably hard. Whether its in the restaurant and bars, around the pools or in the rooms they show great pride in their work. Hotel staff, especially the bar staff and waiters are brilliant with the children and always spend time talking to them during their long and busy day. Chocolate Wednesdays are still a big favourite and prove how good the chefs are. There is always a good selection of fresh food which caters for most tastes. The enthusiasm was very infectious from all the staff. Nothing was too much trouble and they just wanted guests to enjoy their stay.... thank you so much to all the staff for helping to make our holiday special.
We ventured out into Can Picafort on a few occasions. We decided to go on the land train but we had a very bad experience with this and would not recommend it for families with young children. We purchased tickets for the land train from the driver and tried to get on but it was too crowded. Some people were even standing in between the two carriages with children which we considered dangerous. We decided to wait in Trotters bar until the train came round again assuming that we would be able to get on the next one with the tickets we had already purchased, but when we attempted to get on the train, the driver took our tickets and ripped them up. Our children were upset that they could not get on. As we were walking back to the hotel 12 euros out of pocket, we met a family who had just been on the train but were short changed by nearly 40 euros. Whilst the land train seems like a good idea with children, it is very busy and in our experience you are likely to get ripped off!.
We went to the 'pirates' night in Magaluf. Although we felt it was expensive, it was an exciting evening and had our children entertained and fixated for nearly 2 hours.
We love the holiday village concept and we have already booked to go to Cyprus next summer - it can't come soon enough!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zafiro Can Picafort hotel is located only 15 min. walking from the stunning beach of Can Picafort, on Majorca's northern coast. Surrounded by the manicured gardens, this exclusive 4-star hotel features some impressive swimming pools, a wide entertainment programme, a delicious gastronomy and much more, which make it the ideal accommodation for some unforgettable family holidays in Majorca. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Zafiro Can Picafort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Can Picafort Hotel Ca`n Picafort
- Viva Can Picafort Ca n
- Zafiro Can Picafort Ca'n Picafort, Majorca