We booked a week at the 4 star Holiday Village Viva in C'an Picafort Sept 19th 2011 with First Choice (Now my last choice).
On arrival the first night everything looked OK, Nice pool areas,well kept gardens.
In the morning it was totally different,Our apartment kitchen was not suitable for self catering as there was no cupboard space for any shopping so we had make daily trips to the supermarket
The cleaner did not clean the whole apartment so the floors were always rotten dirty.
Towards the end of the holiday we found lots of broken glass in our bedroom where the cleaner had broken something & not bothered to clear all the glass.
It was pure chance that nobody got hurt especially as we had a 5 year old running around with bare feet.
The hotel restaurants were pretty poor & served the same old food,
we did try the Mexican one night but it was no more Mexican than we were.
I have been to Mexico & the food was nothing like what was served in the Viva complex it was very poor & a total waste of money.
The area surrounding the hotel was very dirty with residents letting thier dogs foul the pavements.
At the beach area you had the usual africans pestering you to buy fake watches etc & they even came in the restaurants while you were eating with little done to discourage them.
We spent most of the time getting the bus down to Playa De Muro which is a nicer cleaner resort & only went back to our hotel to sleep.
The hotel was full of kids which is fine but it was so packed that you couldn't get a bed by any of the pools unless you got up very early to put your towel out as many people did.
The hotel entertainment was all child based with nothing for adults at all unless you count bingo,
People left dirty nappies on the floor around the pools & anything else they couldn't be bothered to put into bins.
On our last day I went to pay the bill for the meal we had in the Mexican & one of the staff had tried to forge my partners signature so the reception tried to charge me another £46.
I refused outright & was shown a signature that looked nothing like my partners,
they went away to discuss the matter & came back with a bad attitude but I still would not pay & we left for the airport.
On arrival at Gatwick I found my suitcase had not even left Majorca & the lady at the First Choice desk didn't give a damm.
My partner had left the house keys locked in the case for safe keeping as we had a 12 hour wait from the tiime we checked out of the hotel to our flight time so I had to get a locksmith out to gain entry to my house at a cost of £70.
My suitcase turned up 2 days later
I put in a claim to First Choice 5 weeks ago but have only got an automated reply saying it was being looked into & nothing since.
We have been to Majorca 3 times & loved it but only booked this hotel as a last minute deal thinking it would be nice as it was 4 star.
In fact it was only worthy of 2 stars and that is being generous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zafiro Can Picafort hotel is located only 15 min. walking from the stunning beach of Can Picafort, on Majorca's northern coast. Surrounded by the manicured gardens, this exclusive 4-star hotel features some impressive swimming pools, a wide entertainment programme, a delicious gastronomy and much more, which make it the ideal accommodation for some unforgettable family holidays in Majorca. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Zafiro Can Picafort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Can Picafort Hotel Ca`n Picafort
- Viva Can Picafort Ca n
- Zafiro Can Picafort Ca'n Picafort, Majorca