No complaints about the Hotel, but don't even bother reading any further if you are looking for a lively resort. go up the coast to alcudia or accross the island to palma nova/shagaluf and save yourself taxi fares. For us the fact is was so quiet as an area was great as there were no loud late nights to annoy us.
I could go blow by blow about food, rooms, entertainment etc but many reviewers have already done that so I just wanted to add to the ratings and show our appreciation at having a great first family holiday.
For any family wanting to take their first trip abroad with the little ones, its not far on the plane so not very stressful and the transfer is not long either. The facilities for small kids (up to about 5/6 yrs old) is fantastic as is the kids club. I would strongly suggest though that you do go as far out of the high season as possible. We had none of the normal issues re: sun beds or queues for dinner as we went the week after most other children went back to school as our little one hadn't yet started.
The only thing you need to know is the same if you go to ANY desination where you are not paying for 7 star service. British people who do not moan or at least speak up when someone pushes in front of them will get looked over as the rest of the world knows this, so get a voice and get what you want or stop moaning!
I made sure I got the room I wanted without paying any extra by making a small effort as I always do to call the hotel direct a week before we arrived, and the same guy checked us in on arrival and remembered my call, needless to say he obviously knew we were not push over guests and ensured our entire stay was fantastic from getting the batteries replaced in our remote to the telly sharpish, advising us best places to visit and cheapest ways to get there etc.
We are thinking about going back again this year but tempted to try another one of the villas with great reports. Yes the shows were a bit cheesy, but we were there for our little one and were back in our room by 11pm when she passed out so didn thave to endure them.
Would recommend for value for money, incredibly safe and enjoyable childcare and fantastic buffet food choice (do as most others advise and avoid the mexican/italian restaurant they put on. As a restaurant manager myself I usually hate buffets but this was fantastic and you end up very let down by the 'restaurants' experiences)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zafiro Can Picafort hotel is located only 15 min. walking from the stunning beach of Can Picafort, on Majorca's northern coast. Surrounded by the manicured gardens, this exclusive 4-star hotel features some impressive swimming pools, a wide entertainment programme, a delicious gastronomy and much more, which make it the ideal accommodation for some unforgettable family holidays in Majorca. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Zafiro Can Picafort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Can Picafort Hotel Ca`n Picafort
- Viva Can Picafort Ca n
- Zafiro Can Picafort Ca'n Picafort, Majorca