Firstly can I point out this a review of the hotel and surrounding area. It frustrates me when people rate a hotel based on their experience with tour operator, reps, transfers etc. this should not be reflected on the rating of the hotel.
Stayed here on 28th May 2013 with wife and two kids, 4 years and 18 months. I can only assure people that on the whole the previous 4/5 rating reviews are accurate. This is not a first choice holiday village and is not advertised as such. When I booked this hotel I was a bit apprehensive at the cost, over £2000 for 11 nights all inclusive, however I am happy to say in hindsight this was good value for money. The all inclusive choice is one of the best I have had, branded spirits which I did see a barman break the seal, decent choice of ice lollies from the pool bar and a very good choice of food given the chefs are catering for hundreds of people from differing countries, culture and diets. I am basing this on having stayed all inclusive at various hotels in different resorts since 2005, my other reviews will allow you to draw comparisons. One thing that hasn't been mentioned much in previous reviews are the gardeners who work very hard to keep the grounds in immaculate condition. I do agree that the pools were a bit cold but again this is down to the temperatures at this time of year, it didn't stop us using it though. Entertainment is as expected, I wasn't expecting a west end show! The kids club team despite the language barrier do really well and work hard for 12 hours keeping the kids entertained. How many reviewers are able to speak two additional languages, Spanish, German and English?
The one thing I always want to know from a reviewer: would you go back and would you recommend it to others. Answer Yes and Yes. Go and have a good time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Viva Can Picafort hotel is located only 15 min. walking from the stunning beach of Can Picafort, on Majorca's northern coast. Surrounded by the manicured gardens, this exclusive 4-star hotel features some impressive swimming pools, a wide entertainment programme, a delicious gastronomy and much more, which make it the ideal accommodation for some unforgettable family holidays in Majorca. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Zafiro Can Picafort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Can Picafort Hotel Ca`n Picafort
- Viva Can Picafort Ca n
- Zafiro Can Picafort Ca'n Picafort, Majorca