Zafiro Can Picafort
Zafiro Mallorca(Ca'n Picafort)(Great Value!)
US$172
Hotels.com
Ilusion Markus & Spa(Ca'n Picafort)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$82
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Hotel JS Miramar(Ca'n Picafort)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$80
  • Beachfront
Hotel JS Yate(Ca'n Picafort)
US$64
US$58
  • Restaurant
Es Baulo Petit Hotel(Ca'n Picafort)
US$123
US$109
  • Pool
Hotel JS Ca'n Picafort(Ca'n Picafort)
US$86
US$78
  • Beachfront
Hotel THB Gran Playa(Ca'n Picafort)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$71
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Grupotel Gran Vista & Spa(Ca'n Picafort)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$101
  • Pool
FERGUS Club Vell Mari(Ca'n Picafort)(Great Value!)
US$89
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
Hotel Nordeste Playa(Ca'n Picafort)
TripAdvisor
1,837 results
All reviewsholiday villagefirst choicesplash poolkids clubviva can picafortswim up roomswim up barevening entertainmentfamily holidayself cateringmain restaurantevery nightbuffet restaurantviva hotelseparate showeryoung childrenpirate ship
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Me and my boyfriend and our 9 month old stayed here from the 11th - 18th sept. The hotel itself
is nice and the apartments are really spacious and clean. The children's pool is lovely, my baby loved sitting in there splashing about with the other children! The adults pool are big, so there is plenty of room for swimming around.

The food wasn't that great! But I guess that comes down to personal preference. I didn't eat hardly anything as I didn't like the food in the evenings but the food at the pool bar is ok. I wasn't expecting the food to be amazing but to me it tasted like frozen and microwaved food.

The entertainment is shocking for the adults! But the kids entertainment is ok, the kids seemed to
love it anyway. My baby is only 9 months old so he is a bit to young for it so it was very boring for us in the evenings. It's the same songs every night that they do for the kids and this gets very annoying after a few nights! So glad I only went for 1 week!!!

The only really positive thing About this holiday was the weather! 28 degrees the whole of the week! I would recommend to go and see the dolphins at marine land if you can. Brilliant! And
they have a beach next to it which is lovey. Defiantly a holiday for families with young children but if your going with just a baby like us it does get boring.

I WOULD NOT come back here and I probably wouldn't recommend anyone who I knew to go here. It's not awful but just very average. Nothing amazing about it.

2  Thank Georgina B
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We had a wonderful family holiday here. Stayed first week in September and wished we’d booked for 2 weeks. The hotel is clean and spacious with very friendly and accommodating staff who all work tirelessly. Reception staff are particularly excellent, helped us hire a car and always happy to help with any questions or advice. When our plug adaptor broke they simply lent us a new one – OK it was for USA so didn’t work but when we couldn’t get the new one we bought from town to work they fixed it for us! And as it was my birthday during our stay they put a complimentary bottle of wine in our room. Great customer service without exception and throughout the hotel.

The rooms are spacious with a twin bedroom, bathroom with bath and large separate shower, a kitchen area with fridge and a living area with flat screen TV with BBC1 & 2 and Cbeebies and sofa beds you can push together into a double bed of sorts. Didn’t find the beds too uncomfortable as mentioned in some reviews. Nice balcony which you can access from the living room and the bedroom and black out blinds across all windows so you can sleep in!

The kids’ splash pool is truly fantastic. Lots of slides and water sprays with shallow water throughout. There’s not masses of sunbeds around here so you do have to grab one by a reasonable time but we usually got here at 9 and still got 2 easily and that was during school holidays. It was a bit cooler in their than the main pool – our son (age 3) was often shivering and blue lipped after an hour but we just dragged him out (literally – he didn’t care about the temperature) to sit and enjoy an ice cream or a drink while he warmed up in the sun. We were at one end of block 5 which was next to the splash pool – very handy for nipping back to the room if you needed too and with a lovely view of the main pools.

The main pool is nice too – 1 meter depth through-out so our daughter (age 7) could improve her swimming skills here safely plus it’s nice and big so enough room for inflatables and family fun. There is another pool attached to this one that was deeper but we didn’t use it. Lots of sunbeds around these pools. There are lifeguards positioned at every pool but if I’m being honest they didn’t always seem very attentive - no substitute for parental supervision, even if my kids had been older/more able swimmers. You can get free pool towels from reception and these can be changed via the lifeguards 3 times a week however only in the morning so beware – we missed that point and were unable to change our towels until the next time which was a day and a half away.

Our two were busy in the pools most days and weren’t too fussed for going to kids club but these were for 4-8’s and over 8’s (and possibly over 12’s too?). Under 4’s can attend but parents have to stay with them. Sessions were usually an hour long and kids can come and go as they please – might not suit everyone but it worked for us as our two are still fairly young. They were more shy than usual too – the reps speak in whatever language the kids need so there were quite a few conversations in German and not always being able to communicate with other kids seemed to throw them a bit so dropping in and out as a family group worked for us. As we were round the splash pool we couldn’t hear the announcer calling out the events (can only hear it if by the stage or main pool) so we missed a few things. There are information boards in main reception and near the pool bar so the activities our two really wanted to do like pony riding and T-shirt painting we kept a close eye on the time so we didn’t miss out. I have to mention the Ghost hunt which was really good fun. Took place at 9pm with many of the team on hand, 1 as ‘capitan’ leading the hunt, 1 as ‘ghost’ and the others holding nervous hands and translating. Roamed all over the grounds looking for the ghost with staged meetings at various points. My daughter loved this and spent the rest of the week repeating certain phrases from the night.

The entertainment was fine for a week’s family holiday. The kids disco is mostly German songs which took a bit of getting used too but still enjoyed by our two. This is from 8-9pm followed by another hour long show for all. Don’t expect star turns here, some nights were pretty poor, others better and the flying Thomson team who came and performed for 1 of our 7 nights were excellent. They did Shrek in the kids disco slot and Greece 9-10, both were really good. The best thing for family’s is that your kids get to join in some of the shows, just ask any of the kids club reps or turn up to day activities and they’ll ask you. Our daughter did the kids disco one night (dressed as a pirate and danced along on stage/helped with games) and they both joined the flying team in Shrek - really good with professional quality singers performing a well structured show and sharing the stage with your children - excellent (not biased at all). Our first night was a bit of a shambles with lots and lots of kids on stage and no real structure/show followed by a very lengthy certificate giving session, we did worry about what was to come however that seemed to be a one off. All the entertainment finished at 10pm but we just got another round of drinks and headed back to our room to put the kids to bed & enjoy a quiet drink on the balcony. Suited us perfectly but I don’t think I would have minded had things carried on later as you couldn’t hear it once in your room and I can understand some might have wanted a bit longer to sit with friends etc., especially those with older children.

Now onto the food which I did find a little bit disappointing after reading other reviews. It’s fairly similar to most All Inc. offerings with a wide choice however the quality wasn’t always great. There was always a grilled meat and or fish option however the meat of choice was usually poor quality (tuff or fatty). The grilled fish was either Salmon fillet (nice) or an unknown white fish but this often seemed undercooked and wasn’t filleted so not great for little one’s. Was always plain pasta with a choice of sauces on the side and a pasta dish of the day which was usually nice. Always a selection of salad, fries, a potato dish and usually a yummy paella too. The main dishes of the day often weren’t labeled so you didn’t know what you were getting and wasn’t always the best quality with some days better than others however with the other choices and some lovely side dishes we always found something. There is a kids buffet but again the quality was disappointing – chicken nuggets for one meal and my fussy eater was excited to have something she recognised only to find them very poor quality, another day was pork escalope which I’m pretty sure was actually a spam fritter! Deserts were a little lacking too, a cake option, jelly and fruit but no ice cream, although portion sized tubs were freely available from the snack bar during the day or from the main bar where they made you lovely ice cream sundaes on request. The Desert themed night was great with what seemed like no expense spared - fruit kebabs, bowls of sweets and even bowls of after eights plus milk and white chocolate fountains and a large selection of cakes. The main meals that night were poor but it was a good excuse to eat lots of naughty things. We did eat out a couple of times but we often do this – it’s hard to cater to the masses and get it right for everyone every night and as 2 of my party are fussy eaters we usually find somewhere else a couple of times just to break it up a bit. Breakfast was good - fresh pancakes or omelettes to order plus some lovely pastries, fresh juices etc. You couldn’t make a typical English breakfast (very fatty streaky bacon and German or Spanish sausages) but there were plenty of other tasty things to make up for it. The pool snack bar was OK if you wanted something quick – usual fair of (German) hot dogs, burger or pizza, spag bol plus fries and sandwiches. This bar also has a fridge full of ice lollies, a fridge full of portion size tubs of ice cream and another full of bottled water that you could just help yourself too all day long if you wanted too – great for hot days by the pool! Also had a bar serving slush puppies, soft drinks, beer and pina coladas or mojitos. The main bar served an array of excellent quality cocktails, beers and spirits plus milkshakes and kids cocktails. They also offered the ice cream sundaes, small bowls of nuts and had a fridge full of fruit and sandwiches you could help yourself too at any time of the day or night – brilliant. There were often queues for the bar on an evening but this moves quickly and the choice, quality of drinks and service more than make up for a small wait.

There’s a few extras things to mention – bungee trampolines open on an evening (5 euros for 10 mins) and a cinema showing films at various times during the afternoon/evening. There’s a small kids play area with a climbing frame/slide and there’s a games area next to the splash pool with air hockey tables, a pool table and other similar items (all 1 Euro). There’s also mini golf, a ping pong table & a duck pond and picnic tables/chairs scattered around the grounds. They have a visiting stall every night set up by the main bar – selling toys or children’s jewellery, a caricaturist and one night birds of prey you could have your photo taken with. All are quite expensive and the toys etc. were pretty poor quality and didn’t last long but the kids enjoyed them while they lasted.

Although they lean towards catering for the German clientele with the food & disco these were only minor niggles and everything else more than made up for it. There's so much on offer at this hotel and the splash pool was a massive hit with my two - I would have no hesitation in recommending this place to anyone with a young family - you won't be disappointed and I’ll be looking at Viva hotels for next year.

Just for those planning on going here, not a review of the hotel but nice to know – the beach is a 10 minute walk away and is lovely, warm shallow water and clean but it was very crowded during our stay. There’s a small fair towards the right of the beach (looking out to sea) with trampolines, bouncy castle and small carousel. The ‘train’ around the town is a fun way to see everything on offer and I’d recommend doing this early in your stay to get your bearings – reception will give you a timetable and map of stops if you ask. Pony rides available most evenings a short stroll from the hotel, before you cross the main road at the end of the park (5 euros for 10 mins).

Room Tip: We stayed in Block 5 Room 5101 I think - was really handy for the splash pool with a lovely view of the pools.
3  Thank JuS336
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Just back from a brilliant week at the Viva Can Picafory Hotel. Well what can I say...... other than FANTASTIC. Traveled with my husband and 15 month old. Reception staff friendly and helpful. Grounds and pool areas very well kept and clean, no problems getting sunbeds. Splash pool for the little ones is brilliant but a little cold. Pool bar great, good service, never had to queue for very long, in both bars all spirits branded which makes a nice change, ice cream and ice lollies available In freezers so you can help yourself and fridge full of water permanently. Snacks at pool bar very good, great salads and sandwiches, coffee and cake hour is a nice extra too. Main restaurant lovely, food plentiful with a great variety of meat, fish, salad, veg, breads at both lunch and dinner. Breakfast good, fresh omelette, pancakes, scrambled egg etc and of course a good selection of cheese and cold meats and pastries. Rooms are very spacious and clean but beds very uncomfortable and have a plastic protector on, which is like sleeping on a huge bag of crisps it's so noisy, we removed them 2 nights in. Had a cot for our son but you do have to pay extra for this. Resort centre is a 10 min stroll with a good variety of shops bars and restaurants. Beach lovely and clean and has very shallow water, ideal for children. Evening entertainment not bad at all compared to other places I have been. I would highly recommend this hotel to families with small children (under 7). All in all we had a super time, don't listen to the bad reviews, I have high standards and this hotel exceeded my expectations. ENJOY. Hope this helps x

Room Tip: Request pool view
3  Thank Deborah62Darwen
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

We have just returned to a chilly, wet and grey England after 7 fantastic sun-filled days at the Viva C'an Picafort. I would highly recommend it to anyone with small kids as the facilities are fantastic, the staff are friendly and helpful, the food was absolutely fantastic (I must have picked up at least 1 stone!) and it is in very close proximity to some lovely beaches.

Overall a thoroughly enjoyable stay and would love to go back!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank BryanP
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We had a really good holiday at this hotel. The food is one of the best all inclusive hotels we have been too. The rooms are large enough for a family with plenty of storage. The cleaners do a fab job of keeping the place clean. We had a room on the 2nd floor facing the pool which was lovely. The room also had a DVD player and PS3 games machine, make sure you take your own DVD's and games as there are none to rent from the hotel.
One of the best things was there were available sunbeds all day. There was no stupid getting up to bag a sunbeds.
The evening entertainment was not very good but the reps did try to entertain during the day. I would say that the announcements made were not always clear so you could miss a lot of what was happening. Also the things on offer were more for the men. They could do with putting on some things that a family could do together.

The alcohol served was all labels and the cocktails were out of this world. The bar staff worked really hard as did the restaurant staff.

If you are going with Thomson’s be aware that the organisation at the airport is poor there was very few reps to meet you at the airport, also there was no rep on the coach so it was unclear why we waited on the coach for nearly an hour. On the way home there was no rep again on the journey to the airport. So you were dropped outside the airport and left. We paid for a package holiday they seem to be making too many cuts to the services even though we have paid more for our holiday this year!! Not good service Thomson’s