“Viva ca'n picafort....amazing”

Zafiro Can Picafort
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Ca'n Picafort
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Very clean welcoming place, ideal for couples and families. Fabulous variety of food. Wonderfully green exceptionally maintained gardens which give a peaceful air to the holiday environment. We had a lovely week and would stay longer next time to allow time to explore the island more. 10min walk to the beach which host a variety of bars and eateries. Staff were friendly, attentive and efficient. All together a very very good experience.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank jayneandray
There are newer reviews for Zafiro Can Picafort

Reviewed 25 September 2013

My partner and myself have just arrived from fantastic holiday at Viva Can Picafort (4 people in total). We stayed there between 15-23 September 2013. I really cannot say nothing bad about hotel, staff, food, activities. Everything was just perfect. I read some complaints about hotel and I ask myself what they were complaining of.
Food was great, delicious and so various that everyone cold find something for themselves. I laughed reading a complaint about lack of English sausage for breakfast :) People this is Majorca!!! No wonder when some live on burgers, fries and sausage with fried eggs only would not enjoy great selection of vegetables, cheeses, fruits, meats, fish and other fruits de mer. We enjoyed every moment of our meals. Drinks at the bar were also great.
Entertainment staff was very friendly and active. We had a lot of fun at aqua gym. I really admire their work because they work hard to amuse everybody and make their holiday enjoyable. Special thank to Agata and Anna Halina :D
We stayed in 3rd block. Lovely, clean and spacious room with separate shower and bath, TV, full kitchen supplies, dryer. The housekeeping staff didn't have much work in my room because I kept it clean and tidy. They were very friendly and helpful.
The distance from the hotel to the beach was about 10min walk. We enjoyed local shops with souvenirs. You could communicate in English, German and Spanish of course.
I have read a complaint about no Thomsons staff at the airport and people were left on their own after leaving the coach. Are you really that ignorant that you couldn't read the signs on boards at the airport? They are in English. We found our check in gates with no problems.
In general, our week holiday was amazing. We didn't want to leave. I would clearly recommend this hotel for everyone. My opinion 10/10.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aurelia P
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Just back from our family holiday, at the viva can picafort complex,the grounds are well kept,rooms very large theres 2 showers, everything about this hotel is just great from staff to rep,theres 2 pools which are very big, kids entertainment very good which finished at around 10 pm, only downside there was nothing for adults after, the meals where excellent,plenty of choice,there was theme nights for this ie, mexican, spanish, cakes, there was italian,which you have to book at reception and is held on snack bar area,the first italian meal is free,the beach only 10 minute walk away, can picafort is lovely plenty shops, restaurants,only went for one week could stay longer, would go back anytime, recommend.

Room Tip: choose pool room
1  Thank phil60Derbyshire
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We've just returned from a one week all inclusive holiday staying at Viva Can Picafort. The hotel is kept very clean and all the staff are very helpful and friendly. The room we had was on the ground floor and had a lovely garden with sun beds and a hammock, which was useful for when the children had their afternoon sleep. We did feel the decor in the rooms was a bit tired but it was clean and spacious with a kitchen area and good sized bathroom. We had to rearrange the beds as we didn't want our three year old sleeping in the lounge on his own as the doors into the main hallway didn't lock from the inside, so we moved his bed into the bedroom which made things slightly cramps but liveable for one week! I was slightly annoyed at having to pay extra for a cot for my youngest. The pools are great with loads of sun beds and a great pool bar. My three year old went in the kids club and really enjoyed the games and activities. The kids club staff were great and spoke English and German. The food in the restaurant was very good. There was a different theme every night and always loads to choose from. Overall it is a great hotel and we had a lovely time there. I would definitely recommend it.

1  Thank Abby C
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Room was spacious overlooking the pool.itvwas kept really clean as was the rest of the hotel inside and outside. I realise that the dining room needs to be kept swept as there are so many really young children dropping food but I did not like The sweeper sweeping under my table (2 adults) and actually sweeping my feet, The food and variety was really excellent suitable for all ages

Room Tip: We paid a little extra and had a select room which overlooked the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 811marwood811
Reviewed 19 September 2013

we as a family of four (children aged 7 and 3) have just arrived back off holiday from viva can picafort we had the best week, the hotel village is fantastic, the whole team are friendly and keep the area looking fab!
the weather was great.. we went all inclusive, id definitely recommend all in, we never stopped topping up on drinks.. foods ace, loads to choose from! plenty for children too, cake night was ace, the kids faces were a picture!
the childrens disco was a hit, we went every night! the adults entertainment was great! enjoyed every minute!
the kids splash pool was great too, the pools are cold, but in that heat was a great cool down, and fine once you were in!
our children didnt go to the kids clubs but they looked fab, and if you go to there area you can read what they have got on during the week!
from reading the other peoples reviews before we went, i cant believe there was complaints about the walk to the beach, it was easy even for our 3 year old...was approx 10 min walk, turn right as you come out of lobby and walk straight down...
we were in the number 4 apartments, the rooms were fab room 4114 was very quiet, has double room, kitchen, bath , separate shower, balcony, plenty of room... rooms cleaned every day other than sun and weds...
we would deff go there again. we really enjoyed..
the only thing i would say which annoyed us were the amount of smokers, but this obviously isnt the hotels fault its the inconsiderate selfish people who smoke around other peoples children!
would suggest they make a non smoking area! was hard to escape the smoke!
around pool bar, lots of sweet birds looking for crumbs and if you quiet a few cute little mice, sounds horrible but they are not pests they are very cute! im sure someone would complain though!
all in all fab place

Room Tip: block 4 good 4114 quiet and end room, big!
1  Thank emily_bujok
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Me and my boyfriend and our 9 month old stayed here from the 11th - 18th sept. The hotel itself
is nice and the apartments are really spacious and clean. The children's pool is lovely, my baby loved sitting in there splashing about with the other children! The adults pool are big, so there is plenty of room for swimming around.

The food wasn't that great! But I guess that comes down to personal preference. I didn't eat hardly anything as I didn't like the food in the evenings but the food at the pool bar is ok. I wasn't expecting the food to be amazing but to me it tasted like frozen and microwaved food.

The entertainment is shocking for the adults! But the kids entertainment is ok, the kids seemed to
love it anyway. My baby is only 9 months old so he is a bit to young for it so it was very boring for us in the evenings. It's the same songs every night that they do for the kids and this gets very annoying after a few nights! So glad I only went for 1 week!!!

The only really positive thing About this holiday was the weather! 28 degrees the whole of the week! I would recommend to go and see the dolphins at marine land if you can. Brilliant! And
they have a beach next to it which is lovey. Defiantly a holiday for families with young children but if your going with just a baby like us it does get boring.

I WOULD NOT come back here and I probably wouldn't recommend anyone who I knew to go here. It's not awful but just very average. Nothing amazing about it.

2  Thank Georgina B
Viva Blue & Spa
Viva Blue & Spa
#1 of 30 in Playa de Muro
Tonga Tower Design Hotel & Suites

Been to Zafiro Can Picafort? Share your experiences!