“Excellence at The Viva”

Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Ca'n Picafort
Sotland
“Excellence at The Viva”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Writing this review on my last night as the wife packs lol I'll keep it fair and honest....

Being a experienced traveller mostly long haul over the last 10 years I love my comforts and AI and being honest if I don't get what I paid for I,m not happy and after 2 recent visits to the Med which were average at best I was somewhat not too optimistic however having no choice as we have just had another baby 3 months ago so wanted somewhere with a short flight time and with decent reviews based on that we choose the Viva Can Picafort and I,m glad we did!!

Positives.......

Fantastic staff always pleasant and chatty and willing to help
The hotel grounds always well maintained and clean
The food wide varied menu which was always hot and tasty (Sorry if you can't find something to eat your either being pedantic or have gastric problems)
Branded drinks,Smirnoff,Jack Daniels etc & the measures a every large lol
Hotel us well laid out everything within easy reach
Rooms are massive with plenty of storage,large sitting room with separate bedroom and I like the fact the bathroom is split in 2 also very practical
The weather was excellent always in the high 20's sometimes 30's (granted given it's the 18th Oct it's pure luck but hey ho)
2 nice pools with plenty of sun beds which are cleaned daily
The hotel is not beachfront but don't let this put you off or deter you from booking as it's only a 10 min walk thru a park down through the shops onto the front & beach and believe me with the food available the walk does help
We had our 3 month old son with us so can't comment on the kids club etc but other people seem impressed and the kids splash pool with slides etc looked great.

The Negatives.......

Absolutely none !! Which is staggering for me given my usual destinations but I can't really fault this hotel and if I did comment negative on anything I would be being petty or pedantic!

A great hotel with great facilities and great staff I,m actually already looking at booking for a break next September we enjoyed it that much.

No wonder it's currently rated number 1 because it deserves it.

Hope this helps.

Room Tip: We were in block 2 ground floor facing the duck pond..the buildings are well laid out try to avoid t...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Scottish_Gaz

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned from a weeks holiday from here. I would like to say it was fabulous but can only be honest and say it was average good if you have children. Not a lot for couples as the entertainment is poor and finishes about 10ish. The food is also average iv had better in a 3 star, the sunbeds are worn out and no table to put your drinks on. Now on to the rooms yes there very spacious and clean and the cleaning is very thorough but it certainly is in need of a refurbishment. The pool does need an attention as I to had an earache for 3days after being in the pool after reading reviews about this before I went there . Overall the staff and the standard of cleaning is very good and everyone is very polite it's just a shame a few things need attention and I would give this a 3 star rating definetly not a 4star and I have been on many Thompson holidays before and I am quite amazed they could give this such a high rating.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrsT14
Manchester UK
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Just returned from a week at the Hotel Viva Ca’n Picafort and we had an excellent holiday. I travelled with a party of 6 aged from 89 down to 56 and we all enjoyed ourselves. We had 3 large spacious apartments between us and we were just a short walk away from all the hotel facilities. The food was very good although some of it could have done with being a bit hotter or is that a British thing? The alcoholic drinks contained alcohol which is not always the case on all inclusive holiday, all the staff were pleasant and friendly and if you book for the Italian meal you are waited on hand and foot.

If like me you are limited on your walking I would advise you walk down to the seafront, have a look around the shops, call into a cafe and get a taxi back the fare was less than 5 euro’s. We will return to this and/or one of the Viva hotels.

Room Tip: For an extra 30 Euro you can upgrade to a room with a small 'private garden
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ray S
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Just returned today staying for a week. Booked thru first choice all inc for 2 people just over £700 in total. It was fantastic. I have never stayed anywhere so clean. Food was excellent catering for all dietary needs. Pools were lush manned by lifeguards. Kids clubs for all ages. Beach is a short walk away with plenty of shops and restaurants. Market day is Friday where all those holiday gifts can be purchased. The speciality Italian night was outstanding. Entertainment was refreshing especially the illusionist. Holiday Rep on site. All in all a marvelous time was had and definitely looking into going again next year!!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank LongfordT
North Wales
Reviewed 12 October 2013

What more can you ask for from a holiday? Excellent food, drink, staff and great weather. There was only fault, the sunbeds! A little tired and uncomfortable, probably should have been replaced some time ago. Couldn't give the hotel a four star review because of this though as we had such a lovely, relaxing time here, it was a small inconvenience. They serve such quality drinks, cocktails and even ice cream sundaes, all the staff seem genuinely happy in their work and glad to serve you, which is a rarity these days unfortunately. Easy to travel to other areas of Majorca from this base on public transport, the beach wasn't too far away. The resort itself is very clean and has a great promenade to walk along, which was handy following all the food and drink we indulged in. Fantastic holiday thanks

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NorthWalesJackie
Scotland
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed at Viva Ca'N Picafort for a week in early September with my wife and 10 month old baby.

As it was our first holiday with a child we were a little apprehensive but we needn't have worried as the hotel was spotless and the whole place was set up for families.

The accomodation was ideal, travel cot was in the bedroom on arrival, the small kitchen was well equipped and had a microwave. Living room was a decent size, flat screen tv with BBC channels and cbeebies and a nice big balcony stretching across the living room and bedroom. Maid service was 5 times a week. Lots of comments about the beds but I didn't find them too bad.

I felt the food in the main buffet restaurant was better than average an for all-inclusive hotel, with some nice seafood options served at dinner. The pool bar serves all the usual stuff that you would expect, pizzas, burger, fries etc, with some salads and sandwiches too. A big plus are the freezers packed with ice lollies, ice cream and bottles of water.
The range of drinks on the all inclusive package was by far the best I have seen (better than Egypt or Caribbean). Bottles of Estrella, lots of premium brand spirits, even Jagermeister, however the red wine was bit disappointing.

The kids splash pool is great, with around a dozen slides, flumes and chutes. The main pool is huge and there was always plenty of room if we chose to take the baby in there. The entertainment staf seemed to work very hard to keep the kids happy, noticed them still on the go doing treasure hunts at 10pm. Staff in general were always polite and friendly and were a credit to the hotel.

The hotel has an indoor pool but we didn't use this as the weather was too nice. There is also a supermarket, cinema, sports bar, football park and some trampolines.
The beach is a 10 minute stroll from the hotel. It's huge, so there is plenty of room and it's ideal for kids as it's a very gentle slope into the water with no rocks or stones.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to any families looking for a nice, child friendly hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
london
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Returned 3rd October from all inclusive 2 weeks with husband, 1 year old and parents. All the reviews were right . Fantastic time , spotlessly clean , great food and wonderful staff. The children's entertainment and splash pool were fascinating for our daughter. We will return.

• Stayed September 2013
#1 of 30 in Playa de Muro
BQ Can Picafort Hotel
BQ Can Picafort Hotel
#6 of 39 in Ca'n Picafort

Been to Zafiro Can Picafort? Share your experiences!