“Absolutely Fantastic!”

Zafiro Can Picafort
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Ca'n Picafort
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed at Viva Can Picafort 13th July - 20th July 2013. This was honestly the best holiday ever! The hotel itself was absolutely fantastic! So clean and tidy! The surrounding grounds were also superb and during our stay we regularly saw the gardeners working hard to ensure the grounds look their best and well presentable. The receptionists were great and really really helpful. The food was also great with such a wide choice and variety each night! Monday night, chocolate night! Who could complain?! Fantastic! The best thing about this hotel was the entertainment team! They worked so hard from the early morning until late that night and did their very best to keep everyone entertained! A massive shout out to Pawel who especially impressed us! There were plenty of activities to do during the day such as water aerobics! We especially enjoyed this! The hotel was located an easy 5-10 minute walk away from the beach! The beach was very clean with so many bars, shops and eating places located around! :) I could go on forever discussing how amazing our holiday was but I'll let you be the judge of that! I would defiantly rate this hotel 10/10 (or more if that was possible!)

Room Tip: Higher rooms are a lot quieter! We had a perfect room in Block 3.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Hayley S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,824)

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Had a wonderful week (all inclusive) with everything we could possibly need.
Lots to do if you want to or just sunbathe. Kids pool is fantastic.
Apartment large, very clean and comfortable. Even a duck pond outside with noisy ducks.
Entertainment at night till ten - everyone was great.

Room Tip: Ducks quiet during the day but sometimes noisy at night. (Outside our window) so perhaps ask for a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ShirleyWolverhampton

Just been here for the 2nd time. October this year and last
Fab holiday, clean, friendly staff. Great choice of food
Would come back again
2 adults, 5 & 2 year old.
Pools nice and clean. Rooms big and clean.
Service very good

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Dawn K
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Just returned from a delightful week at this resort and we enjoyed every minute. Check in was quick and easy and the apartment was very comfortable and spacious. Separate living room area with a small kitchen containing microwave, kettle and a decent sized fridge. Bedroom a good size and the bathroom had a bath with shower over it as well as a roomy separate walk in tiled shower.

Food very good and plentiful with a vast array of choices. Each night had a theme, Mexican, Tapas etc but there was lots of other choices available. Staff friendly and helpful and the whole resort was very clean and well maintained. Bars were well stocked with international brands available and at the end of the evening you can take a night cap back to your apartment. They even provide a box at the entrances to the apartment blocks to put the empty glasses in the next morning.

Kids entertainment was good and kept them amused. Short 10 minute stroll to the beach and then a nice walk along the prom for as long as you want to walk. Can only recommend this hotel - No downsides for us.

Room Tip: There are roads all around the resort with the apartment blocks spread around the outside. Choose a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Recently returned from our stay 5th-12th October with my partner and 11 month old son and have to say this hotel is excellent. I was worried being our first holiday abroad with the little one but this hotel made me feel completely at ease. Was extremely impressed with everything, the rooms are great size and in lovely surroundings, little kitchen was a great help. Food, there was so much to choose from always plenty of it and catered for everyone, we were very pleased, especially breakfast we usually find Spanish hotels are not so great at catering for English people at breakfast but this was excellent. Pool area is huge, 2 pools and a splash pool for children, plenty of sunbeds and parasols. Great pool bar serving nice food. Bar areas were great serving Branded spirits Smirnoff, JD etc and my partner was very pleased bottles of Estrella and nice cocktails too. Entertainment was very good for the children. The staff at the hotel are an absolute credit to the hotel they work extremely hard and very long hours, always friendly and happy and I loved how they always had time to chat to my little boy, the staff make the hotel a great place. Only one negative point and this is merely just to point out that I was disappointed to find on check in that we had to pay 4 euros a night for a cot. We are looking forward to returning again in the future.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank lynzd1982
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Writing this review on my last night as the wife packs lol I'll keep it fair and honest....

Being a experienced traveller mostly long haul over the last 10 years I love my comforts and AI and being honest if I don't get what I paid for I,m not happy and after 2 recent visits to the Med which were average at best I was somewhat not too optimistic however having no choice as we have just had another baby 3 months ago so wanted somewhere with a short flight time and with decent reviews based on that we choose the Viva Can Picafort and I,m glad we did!!

Positives.......

Fantastic staff always pleasant and chatty and willing to help
The hotel grounds always well maintained and clean
The food wide varied menu which was always hot and tasty (Sorry if you can't find something to eat your either being pedantic or have gastric problems)
Branded drinks,Smirnoff,Jack Daniels etc & the measures a every large lol
Hotel us well laid out everything within easy reach
Rooms are massive with plenty of storage,large sitting room with separate bedroom and I like the fact the bathroom is split in 2 also very practical
The weather was excellent always in the high 20's sometimes 30's (granted given it's the 18th Oct it's pure luck but hey ho)
2 nice pools with plenty of sun beds which are cleaned daily
The hotel is not beachfront but don't let this put you off or deter you from booking as it's only a 10 min walk thru a park down through the shops onto the front & beach and believe me with the food available the walk does help
We had our 3 month old son with us so can't comment on the kids club etc but other people seem impressed and the kids splash pool with slides etc looked great.

The Negatives.......

Absolutely none !! Which is staggering for me given my usual destinations but I can't really fault this hotel and if I did comment negative on anything I would be being petty or pedantic!

A great hotel with great facilities and great staff I,m actually already looking at booking for a break next September we enjoyed it that much.

No wonder it's currently rated number 1 because it deserves it.

Hope this helps.

Room Tip: We were in block 2 ground floor facing the duck pond..the buildings are well laid out try to avoid t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Scottish_Gaz
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned from a weeks holiday from here. I would like to say it was fabulous but can only be honest and say it was average good if you have children. Not a lot for couples as the entertainment is poor and finishes about 10ish. The food is also average iv had better in a 3 star, the sunbeds are worn out and no table to put your drinks on. Now on to the rooms yes there very spacious and clean and the cleaning is very thorough but it certainly is in need of a refurbishment. The pool does need an attention as I to had an earache for 3days after being in the pool after reading reviews about this before I went there . Overall the staff and the standard of cleaning is very good and everyone is very polite it's just a shame a few things need attention and I would give this a 3 star rating definetly not a 4star and I have been on many Thompson holidays before and I am quite amazed they could give this such a high rating.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Zafiro Tropic
Zafiro Tropic
#12 of 50 in Port d'Alcudia
Tonga Tower Design Hotel & Suites

Been to Zafiro Can Picafort? Share your experiences!