My wife and I stayed here for a week in early June with our 3 year old son and can only describe the hotel, food and staff as faultless. The rooms are big with a separate living area which included a small kitchen (room safe costs €16 for the week.) The bathroom has both a bath with overhead shower and separate walk in shower. We emailed the hotel in advance and asked for a room with a pool / garden view that got afternoon sun and that's exactly what we got. We stayed on the 2nd floor of block 4 which overlooked the pool but was away from the evening entertainment which was great. The food was some of the best we've experienced in our many all inclusive holidays. For breakfast and dinner we eat in the buffet style main restaurant in which there was a good choice of what to have and the food was always hot. (Plastic tableware for the kids meant that is was very child friendly) For lunch we eat in the pool bar which different in the fact that you choose off a menu, placed your order and then were paged when it was ready. Again there was a good choice and because it was made to order it was fresh and hot. Drinks were plentiful and again you had a lot of choice which were all listed on the bar menu. We took our son to the kids club a couple of times (they have to be 4 to be left by themselves) in which the staff were fantastic they did a good variety of activities which included cocktail making (non alcoholic of course), fruit kebabs, craft work and medal games which all the children take part to be in with a chance of winning a medal which is presented by BUFO the in house character at that evenings mini disco. He also painted a t-shirt and went on a pony ride which were both at a little but reasonable extra cost. The pools are all very good we found the splash pool a little cold and hectic so stayed mainly by the main pool which was a good depth, still very family friendly and was easier to get a sun bed if not wanting to get up early (pool towels are supplied from reception.) All staff were very friendly and when we needed information they were more then happy to help. The hotel is located on the edge of the resort but a fairly easy downhill 10 minute walk to the beach front where there is a nice beach with a good selection of shops. We took the bus to the next resort of Alcudia which took about 15-20 mins and cost €3.60 for all of us, (the bus was very busy so I would suggest going earlier rather then later.) The beach at Alcudia is fantastic and again has a good choice of shops and eateries.
The hotel has an on site shop which caterers for all your needs however is a little more expensive then the ones in the town.
All in all this was one of the if not the best holiday we have been on. As said before the hotel staff and food were excellent and we would not hesitate in recommending this to anyone with children as it will not disappoint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zafiro Can Picafort hotel is located only 15 min. walking from the stunning beach of Can Picafort, on Majorca's northern coast. Surrounded by the manicured gardens, this exclusive 4-star hotel features some impressive swimming pools, a wide entertainment programme, a delicious gastronomy and much more, which make it the ideal accommodation for some unforgettable family holidays in Majorca. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Zafiro Can Picafort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Can Picafort Hotel Ca`n Picafort
- Viva Can Picafort Ca n
- Zafiro Can Picafort Ca'n Picafort, Majorca