Just home from a fantastic holiday in Viva can picafort - July 2014. The complex is extremely clean and so well laid out. Our room was in block 2 on the 3rd floor with the most amazing pool view. Our room had a bedroom with two single beds together and an L shape couch which had a pull out bed underneath for the kids. There is a safe in the room, you have to pay extra for this but we were expecting this.
We were all inclusive which was fantastic. The restaurant is self service for food and drink (alcohol included) The buffet style breakfast, lunch and dinner was great. Food was lovely and the kids enjoyed getting their own food and a big + is the food was hot. We ate at the pool bar at lunch time which was a nice break from buffet (chicken wings were yummy).
Kids didn't really use the kids club during the day but our little boy loved the soccer in the morning after breakfast and again in the evening and our little girl did do the T-shirt painting which she loved.
The pools were fantastic we stuck to the shallow pool which both children could just about stand up in and they would venture from that pool to the splash pool which had a fantastic pirate ship with slides etc. Yes I admit we put our towels down early before breakfast to reserve sun beds but we used them all day so I hold my hands up!
The entertainment is very family orientated, a bit hit and miss and finishes up around 10pm the kids enjoyed though, personally I think a bit of music left on at the entertainment area after the shows etc would have been good.
Overall I felt the complex was very safe and we felt comfortable when the kids were walking around with new friends etc. The staff were all very friendly and always made a fuss of the kids. The beach is about 15/20 min walk/stroll. There isn't much outside of the complex and feels a bit run down but the beach is nice with lots of bars and the usual holiday shops and spars etc but there is quite an incline on the return to the complex.
Well done Viva this is one of the best family complexes we have visited and we hope to return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We present to you the most spectacular and fun family destination of the island. For the children, new and better attractions for their leisure and entertainment. And for the parents, the guarantee of the best service and the most complete and comfortable facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Viva Can Picafort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Can Picafort Hotel Ca`n Picafort
- Viva Can Picafort Ca'n Picafort, Majorca