Went here for a week in September with my girlfriend. It was quite a nice holiday. Great room, we was in block 3 with a view of the mountains, it was nice as you could not see any other buildings. Balcony massive. The room was huge, and that was just the sitting room, with 2 sofas, little kitchen, with everything you needed plates, kettle, cups etc. the bedroom was big, but the 2 single beds were like rocks. If you was not drunk then you would not get to sleep, so sleep on sofa like I did for 3 nights. the bathroom was massive with a sink outside and inside you had toilet with shower and bath on there own, which was great and very unusual.
The food was fantastic, they do love there salt and butter at this hotel, so watch out for that. If cake night is on GO you must GO. a choice of over 50 freshly made cakes, its amazing. Snack bar was excellent, it had the lot. Tosties were amazing, very very quick service. The entertainment could of been much better. The only night it was good was Saturday night, when they hired in entertainers, the footie boys from the pringles advert, and a bmx man they were great. Apart from that it was quite crap the other 6 nights. All for kids and nothing at all for adults. If you want to stay and watch the entertainment, you must be in there for 8 o'clock as your not getting a seat inside. The room is far to small. The bar staff are great, especially the head barman.
For kids its amazing, if your a family planning on going to Majorca and staying in the complex mostly then this holiday is a must. Kids have eveything they want. They get entertained from 9am until 11pm 7 days a week. It got to much for us as we are a couple and there were kids everywhere all day everyday. First choice told us the hotel was for relaxing and mainly couples, they were very WRONG.. The pool was fairly big for adults, but got quite crowded when there was more than 20 people in the pool. Again you need to be by the pool by 8am to get a spot, otherwise you have to settle for the shady lawn areas. I very much dislike 7am towel leavers.
Hotel is on a public street houses outside, however it is a good 10 minute walk to shops, 15-20 minute walk to beach, and the town is not that great, a little bit of a dump really, the beach is tiny, if you get there after 10am it will take a while to find a spot. When its dark you have to be careful between the hotel and the main road, as you walk through a park and there are no lights, and the area is so quiet.
Overall this is a nice hotel with nice food and very friendly staff. I would send familys here all day, but please don't go as a couple, you wouldn't enjoy yourself as its 95% familys.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We present to you the most spectacular and fun family destination of the island. For the children, new and better attractions for their leisure and entertainment. And for the parents, the guarantee of the best service and the most complete and comfortable facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Viva Can Picafort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Can Picafort Hotel Ca`n Picafort
- Viva Can Picafort Ca'n Picafort, Majorca