“Good hotel, helpful staff but a bit of a walk to the strip.”
Review of Exagon Park

Exagon Park
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Ca'n Picafort
Paisley, United Kingdom
“Good hotel, helpful staff but a bit of a walk to the strip.”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Good hotel but a bit far from the main shopping area, very clean and the desk staff were helpful if you required anything. Usual deposit for pool towels, safe, kettle and a free Fridge(kept the beer Kool). Flat screen TVs but very limited English channels(BBC/ CNN / SKY NEWS). The food was OK usual breakfast choice (continental or the full British.) the evening was a bit of a hit or a miss (get down early for best choice), the bar is set for all inclusive but if you are paying the prices are a bit dearer than the local bars. A big thanks to Lorenzo(dining room manager) on our last night he recommended "The Monaco" a restaurant on the STRIP "mmmmmmm" Juan serves up a mean Pork Kebab Special, it's OMG. The handmade desserts are out of this world.
Just a wee walk down to the beach area you find Don Juan a very nice smart bar good prices but
across the road stands "CRAZY HORSE BAR" the nightly quiz is a laugh, hosted by Paco (funniest guy in town) and the drinks are sorted by his wife Diane. The local bus service outside the hotel is very good and the wee train is a 45 minute round trip.
We had a good time but maybe not everyone's cup of tea.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Elgregg02
exagon, Gerente at Exagon Park, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Dear Elgregg02

Thank you very much for your kind review.

Lorenzo is very happy for your mention!

We hope to see you in the future.

The management.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Polish first
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2013

This Hotel is very nice set in beautiful grounds, but it is isolated, and quite a long walk to the nearest shops, bars and café. down a steep hill. when we arrived the reception staff where not very friendly, that carried on taking between them selves before they decided to check us in. the Hotel mainly was occupied by the Germans, they just made you feel uncomfortable with just a dozen or so British, We where lucky as there was four of use. Also the bar staff when I went for a coffee made it obvious he did not like the English, I was stood waiting for my turn and he served to foreign men, he still had not served me when an older bar man came in and he served me. This happened a couple of times. Also the food is removed from the dinning room 15 to 20 Min's before the meal times end so go down early and if you do not or can not eat spicy, sauces food you will have a job to find anything to eat. We would not go back to this Hotel due to the bad experience and the position of it, which is a pity as the grounds and swimming pool are beautiful

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
exagon, Director de Recepción at Exagon Park, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Dear Linda
Well, we can understand that you didn't like the hotel however do not write that for example the restaurant close 20 minuts early, because, I amb working here for 6 years and it is the first time that I hear this. We always close after 21:00.

About english people we can not do anything if you thought that the hotel was just for english people. Here we have people from england, germany, belgium, france, russia ....

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2013

This is a belated review as we were there in November. The hotel is very clean and spacious. The view from our balcony was lovely, the short walk down to beach was fine, but for those who want to their is little "train" that circles the town. The grounds and pool areas are some of the nicest we have come across.
Here comes the buts, the hotel was predominantly set up for german guests, of which they are the vast majority. So you can see why the hotel does this, but the food was ok but quite german orientated, the staff didnt speak a lot of English but conversed freely in German. The entertainment ( what there was) was again, geared towards the german guests.
In conclusion, we had a lovely holiday in very relaxing surroundings and would return as we feel the postitives outweigh the negatives.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank IanandNicP
exagon, Gerente at Exagon Park, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Dear IanandNicP

Thank you very much for your review.

This year we have a lot of english people, we work with Thomas Cook, Jet2, NT incoming....
And we have changed our animation team.

DERBY
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I'm just back from a fortnight at the Exagon Park.

I'd read various reviews on the site with trepidation but I chose this hotel on the strength of the customer feedback and the fact that the hotel had responded directly to comments. On reflection, the hotel had responded mainly to positive comments - but that was only natural. At the time of booking, I was encouraged by that indication that the management actually cared.

And so it proved to be that the management really did care about its customers: its German customers.

Not that as a British tourist I was ignored but there was such a strong German bias to the extent that I'd be having a conversation in English (my Spanish is limited to basic greetings, polite forms of addressing people, a few hundred nouns and far too few verbs to construct a coherent sentence) but I'd get a reply in German. I'm a great fan of languages so this was a terrific experience for me. It was also nostalgic because I have a GCSE in German that dates back more than 20 years.

I found everyone of the staff to be polite and friendly and helpful especially the restaurant staff whom I encountered daily. A special "shout out" goes to Llorenço the head waiter who was great at making my family and I feel welcome each evening. And further special thanks to the nice receptionist (with streaky blond hair and glasses whose name I forget, sorry) who was always very kind and patient.

The hotel facilities are not truly 4 star in my opinion but I felt I didn't have the vocabulary to speak directly to the hotel staff without appearing to be chippy or rude about it so I said nothing. For example, I'm used to a 4 star hotel having tea/coffee-making facilities in each room as well as a mini-bar/fridge. Most 4 star hotels also have a gym in my experience. That was not the case at the Exagon Park. Like I said, I did wonder why but didn't ask.

The hotel grounds and pool are lovely. I spent many languid hours in the beautiful sunshine with dappled shade provided by the many palm trees. There were plenty of sun loungers to go around and everything looked clean and neat.

The overall location is ideal for exploring other places in the area by bus. The bus stop outside the hotel is very convenient as is the beach and the local shops. The bus fares are good value for money. We travelled to Pollença, Alcúdia and Palma for a very reasonable price. To go further afield, it's better to hire a car. It's a hair-raising experience and not very cheap if you choose to drive but worth it.

My only real negative was the food. Don't get me wrong: there was always a wide variety and you could tell that the staff were working hard round the clock to provide decent fare and plenty of it. But by the second week, the novelty had worn off. There was not very much beef or chicken on the menu but there was lots of pork and mutton (I couldn't call it lamb because there's no way that the meat of young sheep would be so difficult to chew; I like my lamb pink but my teeth made no headway at all with the chops that came off the grill), veal and fish. The desserts were often very good indeed if you like lots of cream layered sponges (which I do) and the chef even seemed to cope with a particularly demanding guest who found that there was nothing at all to suit her dietary requirements amongst the fruit, cakes, jellies and ice creams. The food labelling was doing its best to be informative but was occasionally, comedically inaccurate.

I wouldn't be too impolite about the food because on balance, I ate very well.

My final comment is about the rooms: basically very tidy (but beware of over-active ants) and if you suffer from insomnia or a burning desire to get out and run before the day gets too hot you can see the army of staff that labour from darkest morning to darkest night to keep it spotless. However, going back to my point about 4 star hotel facilities, this is the first hotel I've been to that didn't replenish your bar of soap. Only a minor quibble but I make the remark nonetheless.

Room Tip: I think the rooms are largely the same but I'd go for the top floor because it's probably qu...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
15 Thank JAYCEE9DERBY
exagon, Director General at Exagon Park, responded to this review, 20 October 2012
Dear JAYCEE9DERBY
Firs of al thanks for your review.
We take note about your complais, but we don't understand how we spoke you in german, if that it's true, our apologize.

About te/caffee in Spain it's not a tradition to leave it in rooms, every country has different manners.

However we hope that you enjoy your holidays.
Regards
The reception.
Melksham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2012

From start to finish our stay at Exagon Park was SUPERB, from checking in "early", (didn't expect that), to checking out, at standard time but with a late evening flight was allowed to stay and use the entire facilities, including meals, untill we left later that day. Rooms were spotlessly clean and kept clean daily by the army of cleaners.
FOOD, now what can I say about this, Fresh, Plenty of choices, show cooking was fantastic, A choice of food for every dietary need, all helped by the waiters and waitress's with their enthusiasm and smiles.
Although NO children ourselves, it was nice to see them entertained by the Hotel Animation team, who then proceeded to entertain the adults with shows and caberets into the late evenings, they worked tirelessly during the day also with varying sports and games for all.
Location, YES, it is only 200mtrs from a sandy beach via a pathway along the water canal, a long way to walk into town, but well catered for by buses and the ever popular Road-Train, which we lovingly called the "Ting-Ting" as it rang its bell on approach to every stop, a total of 45minutes for a round trip or get off and back on at any of the stops all for only a very cheap 3 euros.
Question -- Would we go back again ????
Answer -- Yes I definately would in the future, and also prepared to try the other Iberostar hotels in the area as my wife and I have been overwhelmed by the Iberostar experience.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
12 Thank Les D
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2012

As a journalist who has been lucky enough to have stayed in many fantastic hotels, I have to say that this was one of the best I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing.
This was our family holiday, not work, and we chose Exagon Park on the basis of Trip Advisor reviews. From check-in to check-out the service was fantastic. Staff were polite, helpful and extremely kind to my little boy in particular.
As two of us are vegan I wasn't sure how well the food would suit us. There turned out to be plenty of choice and particularly tasty salads. We would have liked more desserts but the selection of fruit was great. We could have asked for more vegan items, which they had in stock, but I hadn't even thought of it as rarely does such a request result in success. If you have a particular food need then try emailing the hotel before you go or ask when you are there: the staff really aim to please. The food was good for the rest of our party too.
The hotel is set in beautiful grounds, next to a river leading down to the beach. There was plenty to do but just being there was wonderful. Our little boy enjoyed the mini disco.
Given that the staff were all so great, including our chambermaid (Martha), the porter and those on the reception desk, it should be hard to pick out one person for particluar praise. Hard, but not impossible. Llorenc, one of the restauarant managers, was incredibly kind and helpful. Despite the restaurant being busy he would stop and listen and help as if we were the only customers. He also organised a vegan birthday cake for my little boy - chefs who made it even came out to make sure we were happy. Llorenc was charming and helpful - a real credit to the hotel. The restaurant staff made meal times a pleasure, even when a toddler tantrum or two kicked off. One of the young female waitresses (sadly, I didn't make a note of her name) made a point of paying attention to our little boy, even when she was very busy.
Thanks to Trip Advisor reviewers we knew to ask for a fridge. Within 10 minutes of checking in one was delivered to our room at no cost. We were also told as soon as a kettle was available, for which we paid a five euro refundable deposit. The bedspreads were not particularly attractive, the rooms weren't huge and the TV channels were mainly Spanish and German with English-language ones all news - but that's being picky as everything else was so great. The TV in our room was modern, with an HDMI port if you wanted to plug in your own media equipment.
We had a wonderful, relaxing two weeks at Exagon Park. I would love to go there again. I thought that if I ever felt moved to write a Trip Advisor review it would be because I wanted to warn other people. In fact the total opposite has happened. And no, they didn't know I was a journalist. I would like to say thank you, on behalf of my husband, my in-laws and our little boy, to all those at Exagon Park who helped make our holiday such an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
12 Thank COwen-Williams
Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

Reccomend to anyone, been twice ,will be going again ,great time,excellent food,fantastic entertainment ,hard to fault ,resteraunt staff very proffesional ,great location,relaxing and quiet,beautiful views

• Stayed August 2012