“Efficient”
Review of Exagon Park

Exagon Park
Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Ca'n Picafort
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We booked this holiday through Thomas cook and took my 15 year old son and his friend. Slightly concerned on the transfer coach when the rep said, 'you won't see me this week, but if you need me reception will know how to contact me!' So if you want to go on any excursions you need to read the folder in reception. The hotel is very efficient, food is served on time and there is plenty of it, although it is aimed more at the German clientele. The waitering staff work very hard and have little time to smile or chat. The animation team organise events during the day but there was no football which was advertised. This really disappointed the two 15 year olds who only wanted to play football! the reception was also very efficient, from changing money to booking hire cars they are very effective. The biggest disappointment was the evening entertainment, I was unsure what age group it was aimed at. It certainly wasn't 15 year old boys, or 40 something's, it starts with loud disco music, not that type of disco music but the worst kind! It is loud and so annoying it drove us out of the hotel most evenings! It seemed to be aimed at under 10's. I think it all needs a rethink, the bar is a great setting and people seem to want to enjoy themselves but once that disco music starts we headed for cover! I never thought I would ever write these words but the best evenings entertainment was the elvis impersonator, he was good! As you may not have a rep at this hotel I will add some advice, book a hire care and spend an evening at Porto pollensa, it has a lovely promenade and lots of relaxing bars and plenty of shops. You can also hire dingeys and hobi's from the beach in polensa. There are several other secluded beaches and coves less the a 30 min drive away which was great. I enjoyed cala torta. If you are going to be out of the hotel during the day ask reception for a picnic, it comes with a bottle of water, fruit and cheese, ham and bread, shame there was not a few biscuits but it is better than nothing. Also get a towel from reception for 10 euros it will save your own from a week of pools and beach. I did have a creeky uncomfortable bed but It looks like all the beds are being replaced, the rooms have fridges and BBC and sky world news channel. A good efficient hotel, a variety of many nationalities, mostly German but we made friends with several who were very friendly. Please re introduce the football and have a rethink about the evenings entertainment and this hotel would gain more stars from me.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Simon M
exagon, Director General at Exagon Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear Simon
Thanks for your review.
Unfortunately we can not satisfy everybody.
We have cancelled football this year with animation due to different injuries.
About animation we have a new team and they are trying to do it as best as possible.

Our best regards

Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

Good all round hotel.great staff grounds,immaculately clean.tucked away from the the main part of c'an picafort.just the job.looking at previous reviewer insulting the pool bar staff saying they are grumpy I think is a bit disgusting,probably not realising they work 15 hrs a day the last thing you want to read is that after a 15 hour shift,terrible.just for the record all the staff are lovely including you lot in the pool bar.thank you every one :)

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank badgcbr600
exagon, Director General at Exagon Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

Dear badgcbr600

Thank you very much for your kind review.
We hope to see you again in the future.
Our best Regards

Reviewed 13 July 2013

The Exagon Park is set amongst fantastic grounds its pool and outlook are probably the best we have used in Spain. The hotel is in a quiet part of Can Picafort and not overlooked at all : the freeform swimming pool is fantastic and there are loads of loungers to choose from,plenty of space ,plenty of shade and a decent pool bar to use.
The pool bar staff are a bit grumpy but the rest of the hotel staff are polite and very hard working(especially the waiting staff in the restaurant ).We had no problems with language despite the hotel being predominantly German guests who we had no problems with .
The food was generally good but not great but we did have something to at least try every day .
There was no tea/coffee making provisions in the rooms which we would have liked and the snacks for all-inclusive between meals was woefull (a few curled up sarnies and tired fruit).
The rooms were large enough and a fridge provided and were cleaned every day but beware the step from the room to the balcony its a fair drop .
The entertainment at this hotel however is TERRIBLE embarrassing and juvenile in the extreme
do NOT get on stage you will be embarrassed and humiliated (one of our party had to leave the stage mid humiliation as her daughters were mortified).and Bingo on a Saturday night is hardly top entertainment.
That said the hotel is good, clean and spacious and if you get a room overlooking the tennis courts very quiet so I would recommend it .(just don't expect gourmet dining).The indoor pool is great for a cool down with a Jacuzzi and a fab hot/cold shower (try it its bliss) .
The beach is ok but the shops and bars nearby are poor its not the prettiest resort but again I have been to worse.
Try the Karting its great- 20 euros with a free mini bus door to door and we enjoyed the tennis courts 9 euro per hour .
Overall a good family hotel .

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank robert w w

Dear robert w w

Thank you very much for your review.
We try to do as best as possible our job. Referring the animation, we have a new company, due to our chef from animation becames mama.
About kettle, we have in reception under diposit of 5 euros. we are looking for a new system for next season.

Best Regards and thanks again!

Reviewed 9 July 2013

my friends and I have just returned from a 2-week all inclusive holiday in the Hotel Exagon. First impressions were that it had lovely balconies and appeared clean, our impression was spot on.

The balcony has space enough for x2 people to sit at the table and chairs provided, just remember the drop from your room to the balcony and remember to lift your foot to get back into the room or you will have a little un-planned trip (not the nice kind)

The hotel was spotless, there was an army of cleaning staff at all times throughout the day. Our rooms were left in pristine condition every day, we were even given fresh towels every day of the 2nd week even when we hadn't asked for them (a big thank you to Sandra)

The hotel staff are very, very friendly and always happy to to make your stay a pleasant one whether it be in one of the bars or in the restaurant, they are very attentive and always happy to offer you a drink e.g. hot water, tea, coffee at breakfast and they especially like to serve you drinks at lunchtime and the evening meal, I swear they got quite upset if you refused a drink. Lorenzo is your man in charge of the restaurant, he has very good customer care skills and always welcomes you to the restaurant with a smile.

There is a childrens club at the hotel (Eric, Fernando, Ramona and Nicole) we could see that the children enjoyed the many activities organised throughout the day, all ages seemed to have been considered. A programme of activities is shown on the wall of the hotel near the pool so that parents can see when they can have a little 'me time'. Eric and Fernando will also try to get the grown ups involved in Aqua aerobics, water polo, football, darts etc.

There were a lot of mixed nationalities staying at the hotel so the night time entertainment was a little hit and miss, would advise you give the quiz a miss and head down the road to the 'Crazy Horse Pub'. Directions are, come out of the front door of the hotel, turn right and take a stroll for about 500 yards, you will see a mini roundabout ahead of you, keep to the right side and walk on, you can't miss the pub and I promise you that once you have been inside and taken part in the quiz you will want to go back, again and again. The Landlord is Paco and the Landlady is Diane. Paco is 'fabulously mad' and has a naughty side to him, which you should see when you take part in the quiz. Once you have finished the quiz, there is karaoke, be warned, if no-one volunteers, Paco will just put the microphone on your table so you have no choice but to take part. Diane keeps your glasses filled and your stomachs full with her many food dishes offered.

You simply have to go for a ride on the 'ting-ting', a mini train that takes you into the town and the best bit is that you don't even have to have a child with you to go on it. Bargain at 3 Euros for a return ticket.

The pool is fabulous, not too many lilos inflatables etc in the pool when we stayed (mid june). A lifeguard was in attendance from 2nd week of our stay, very reassuring.

Not sure what else to say about the Hotel, except to say, Location, Location, Location was Fabulous! you are not overlooked by any other hotels as the hotel is in it's very own grounds.

Everything you need to have a truly enjoyable holiday. Can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

Room Tip: our room overlooked the tennis courts and was quite
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank to_hull_and_back_13

Dear to_hull_and_back_13
Thank you so much for your kind review.
We hope to see you again in the future.
Best Regards

Reviewed 3 July 2013

we had such a lovely holiday. the hotel is gorgeous could not fault it at all, very clean.The rooms were a good size cleaned every day and fresh towels. staff were very polite, the entertainment staff were brilliant so funny they gave nicknames to our two teenage boys which stuck all week and still do!!
Food was really good always plenty to choose, we have a very fussy eater who was never stuck for anything to eat. the pools were lovely the outside one was very cold but we braved it,( it would have been nice to have the fountains working).
we were alittle worried about some of the reviews people had written about the german guests but we also could not fault their friendliness and politeness, treat people how they treat you i say,please do not let these reviews put you off its rubbish!! and there were always plenty of sunbeds...
Our transfer was through travel republic who were very good but we were told an hour to our hotel, 2and half hours later we arrived! It was the early hours of the morning so very tired.But to add, the reception staff was very pleasant and we had a plate of food in our rooms and a bottle of water waiting for us which was very welcoming
For a relaxing and fun holiday this was exactly what we were looking for, we would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank constable65
exagon, subdirector at Exagon Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear constable65
thank you very much for your review.
We see you in the future.
Tomeu Hdez
Manager on duty

Reviewed 3 July 2013

just this day got back from Exagon Park Hotel.My wife and i booked all inclusive great choice of drinks from the beer to the wine and cocktails rooms were very well cleaned and the cleaning staff were very friendly We have never seen so much space around a pool before lovely grassy area too. The beach was only a few minutes away down a lovely walkway with a lake full of wildlife.The only slightly negative was the entertainment all the staff work hard but they dont seem to be given much to work with but i am sure that will get better with time.As for the dining room staff from the kitchen staff to the dining room staff they are very efficient and friendly they work really hard.The food was lovely with a great choice loved the chocolate fountain with the fruit. Special mention to Lorec we left him some whisky at reception because he said he was in Scotland for new year some years ago so we thought we would leave him a dram. Could you try and see he gets it.Thank you very much.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank j271964
exagon, Subdirector at Exagon Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear j271964
Thank you very much for your great review.
Your bottle was empty in 10 minuts. llorenç want to tell you thanks for your detail with him.

Our best Regards
Tomeu Hernandez
Manager on duty.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

We absolutely loved this place. My partner and I travelled with our two children (11 and 14) and my parents. We were really pleased when we pulled up as the hotel looked great from the outside (we'd seen a couple as the transfer did its rounds that didn't look so great!), and when we got inside the reception was spotless. We checked in with reception who were very helpful. The rooms were great and included a fridge which is useful, and the bathroom was well equipped with bath, poweful shower and hairdryer. The rooms were cleaned and tidied every day and clean towels given.
The food was great and the staff in the restaurant couldn't do enough for you. As there was 6 of us they would rush around getting a big table ready for us. There was loads of food and loads of choice, including for vegetarians (which I am). The only thing I would say is the food wasn't always very well labelled, and twice I got fish in something that I thought was vegetarian. Perhaps they just don't consider fish to be meat? I just had to be a bit careful to have a good look at what I was getting, but apart from that it was excellent.
The pool area was excellent, absolutely loads of sunbeds and space around the pool. I've never seen such a spacious pool area/terrace. Granted we weren't there in school holidays but I still think there would be enough space and sunbeds, even at peak times.
I see a previous comment said the evening entertainment wasn't very good, well we thought it was ok, although I agree that the bingo was terrible. We had a laugh most nights and it was more than enough for us and the kids. Perhaps if you are young and single it might not be exciting enough, but it was perfect for us and the kids who really enjoyed it. Most nights it went on until about 11pm which is more than enough when you've got kids. You don't want noise blaring out any later than that when you're kids are trying to get to sleep. My partner and I both got roped into taking part and when you are backstage you can see how hard the animation team are working behind the scenes. We also thought the the daytime activities were good, particulalry the sports. The only thing we would say is once you've taken part once, they do badger you a bit to do it again and can be a teeny bit pushy. But it was all good natured and good fun.
Brilliant location in terms of the beach, perhaps a little bit far from the main resort but we were all inclusive so didn't really have any need or desire to go out and about. We were also impressed with the amount of drinks you could get on the all inclusive, not just beer and house wine and a couple of spirits, but cocktails, sangria and loads more. The bus service right outside the hotel was great for getting out and about, we went to Palma, Alcudia and Puerto Pollensa. If you haven't been to Majorca before I would recommend a visit to Pollensa.
I've also seen reviews saying that there are too many Germans, well I can't say this is a negative at all, one German family asked if thier son could join in ball games in the pool with my kids and they all played together and had a great time, and a couple of German guys also took part in the evening entertainment with my partner and they were friendly and we all had a laugh together. So definitely not a problem as far as we were concerned. They are just people after all! I think some people have out-dated preconceptions about Germans that aren't necessarily fair.
Overall I would definitely recommend this place, we had an amzing holiday and would definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank JohnsonFamily549
exagon, Director General at Exagon Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Dear family Johnson

Thank you very much for your review.

Our apologize for the vegetarian food (fish :S)

We hope to see you soon.

Best Regards

Viva Blue & Spa
#1 of 30 in Playa de Muro
1 mi away
Tonga Tower Design Hotel & Suites

Been to Exagon Park? Share your experiences!