“Not as good as expected”

Rapha's La Terracita
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We visited Rapha's based on the hype of previous trip advisor reviews.
It's a small local looking restaurant located on the street running parallel to the beach front.
We took a chance and didn't book but managed to get a space.
The service and staff all very polite , I ordered the lamb shoulder and my partner a chicken dish.
The menu sounds different with a good variation of meals.
The drinks were average priced and we enjoyed a glass of wine with our meal.
My partners meal arrived and i had to wait 2-3 mins before mine arrived,just before it was brought out I heard a loud ding( sat by kitchen entrance) and my food followed it looked good and tasted good but I am sure it had been in the microwave as it was only just warm and cold in some parts.
We weren't offered a dessert menu or choice , the bill was brought to us with a local tipple.
I'd say not bad food but defiantly nothing special !
6 outta 10

1  Thank Fisher4772

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We wanted to try this restaurant also based solely on the reviews on TripAdvisor.
We were not disappointed..You will not be disappointed either! actually you will be if you forget to book!
we ordered sea food Paella, what arrived was a theatrical meal fit for kings and queens.
it was sensational!
Everybody was cooing and yummying over their food ( and everybody elses) and chatting with each other.
steaks came out (huge steaks) on sizzling irons? tapas galore were flowing from the kitchen,our paellas arrived with half the ocean in them.
the atmosphere is just brilliant, the service is absolutely perfect, friendly happy helpful, funny.
The Sangria... wowsers!! seriously have the sangria... its homemade and the nicest ive ever had.. and packed with fruit!
We got in the day before we left, if we had booked earlier in the week we probably would have eaten here every night and tried everything.
So Book your table, go see for yourselves, it is the best in town and it made our holiday :-)

3  Thank LadyWellies
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I took my girlfriend to Rapha's for her birthday dinner, solely based on the reviews on tripadvisor. I can happily report that they are not wrong! Amazing food really fresh and incredibly tasty! The service, well there is a big sign admitting that they are slow! But at least they pre warn you, when you do get a served it's impeccable, very warming and a seeming genuine want for you to have the best experience available. Apparently they have a rule there "you don't eat, you don't pay" straight from Rapha's mouth, this applied to a squid and prawn dish that my girlfriends squeamishness couldn't cope with as they were whole little squids (I thought they were lovely and rather cute!).
On the whole we would have definitely gone back in our holiday but we witnessed Rapha turning away customers for the next 3 evenings due to being fully booked!

3  Thank Dave T
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Having dined here tonight for the 2nd time during our holiday, we both agree that Raphas is by far the best food in Ca'n Picafort! !
Family owned by locals with Mother & Wife cooking dishes in a traditional style, this restaurant stands head & shoulders above the rest.
Chicken Wings, Mini Kebabs, Chorizo, Paella, Salmon & Lamb Shoulder we had over our 2 visits. All were excellent, but the chorizo & lamb were the standouts for us. Also the aliola served with fresh bread deserves a mention. All were washed down with a local white wine that far surpassed it's €10 price tag!
Other diners were raving about their prawn cocktails, sole & Tapas platters.
Please book in advance as constantly busy with both locals & tourists alike. Rapha & his niece provide service to match the quality food. Just leave room for us when we return!!!

4  Thank JlaTaxiGuy
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is just one of those restaurants you don't really want to write a review about... Just because you want it to stay as it is.
We went there a few times during our holidays and enjoyed mucho.
Even with two small boys (2 and 4) we were very much welcomed and felt like being at home.
What you sense here is the passion of someone who wants people to have a great time and enjoy great food.
Why would someone go "all inclusive" to eat the same buffet every night if you can enjoy the real taste of Spain in little gems like this place?
Would I recommend? Only if you agree not to go there all at once...leave it like it is, small, cosy, no drama!

2  Thank RC0ENEN