Just returned from a week at this hotel. The service provided by it's staff can only be described as EXCELLENT particular praise to Rafael, Xavier and Jose at the pool bar, the evening staff were very good as well. We stayed in room 257 which over looked the childrens play area and a petanque court, not the best but we did request a quiet room and that is what we got, the only thing with the room was it's location to the stairs, during non-restraunt times it is a long walk through the corridors to the main stair well and lifts, perhaps the hotel could look at allowing the use of the stairs that lead to the restraunts during non meal times. The room was kept clean by Patricia who was also very friendly and cheerfull always singing and greeting you in the mornings whilst passing in the corridor, the walk in shower is very good and gives plenty of room to move. The staff are bi-lingual speaking both English and German to a very high standard.
The food whilst providing a limited choice to the english pallet was of a high quality with Pork, chicken and fish being the meat dishes, the vegetables were pretty repetative. The sweets were to die for with an extensive choice of cakes and blancmange type things. All in all the food was biased towards the mainly German cliental. The manager Manolo is hovering around ensuring that all staff are attentive and efficient
Good some nights not so good on others, but where do you get any good acts in hotels abroad? The animacion team work hard during the day.
The roof top bar
WOW you must go up to this and watch the sunset with a drink.
The pools were very clean and good, however a little chilly. The pool directly adjacent to the building was the only flat non-grassed area with limited sun beds, the remainder of the pool area was grassed with enough sun beds for everyone no matter what time of day you wished to go to the pool, Again perhaps providing a larger flatter non-grassed area would help the physicallly limited and the older generation.
Excellent for the shops and busses, although on Alcudia market day don't bother with the bus it's packed and takes about 45mins. A taxi with tip is 20 euros each way and alot more comfortable. On Can Picafort market day get a taxi from the hotel to the market as it is cheaper than the land train if there are two or more of you.
All in all we would definately go back and would recommend this to our families and friends without hesitation.
Well done to all the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 400 M away from the Can Picafort beach. Wellness & fitness Spa. Attractive relax and health programmes. Rooms & Apartments: air-conditioning. Sat-TV. Minibar. Terrace. Apartments: Living room with sleeping-couch and kitchen. Sport & Leisure: swimming pools. Children's pools. Swimming lessons. Bicycle Center. Tennis courts. Minigolf. Miniclub. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Theme buffets. Show Cooking. Pool-Bistro. Panorama & Lounge bar with terrace. Special Services: Discounts on green fees at several golf clubs in Mallorca. Car rental. Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Superbreak UK, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grupotel Gran Vista & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Gran Vista Hotel Ca`n Picafort
- Grupotel Gran Vista & Spa Ca'n Picafort, Majorca