We have recently returned from the Gran Vista staying for a week self catering, two adults and two children. We researched our choice of hotel on trip advisor before hand and i am really pleased with the outcome. The location of the hotel is perfect, at the top of the main strip of shops and bars that runs adjecent to the seafront within easy walking distance of the beach though far enough away from any noise at night.
Our self catering apartment, number 2210, was excellent, clean tidy and regularly serviced, take any little extras like t towels, cloths and detergent they are not included but as we ate out every night and used the hotel facilties some days, for an extra charge, we did'nt use the kitchen. The balcony overlooks the gardens and pool and is really big with table and chairs to sit out on.
Pool towels are included which can be change three times a week, and the rooms have hairdryers. If you are going to the beach with children the kid's club has plenty of spare buckets and spades just ask.
The spa facilities are excellent, well maintained and we found the staff extremely helpful. There is also a seperate indoor children's pool and children's club.
The outdoor pools were some of the best we've seen, there are several pools, interconnected, and plenty of shallow areas aswell as a child's play pool with slides.
The waterfalls and extremely well kept gardens are amazing and there is never a problem with finding a quiet spot or a good poolside space.
Our lunches at the poolside bar were very good value at between 5 and 10 euro, all food was freshl;y cooked and a wide range of choices, pasta, pizza, burgers, salads, i would particularly recommend the goats cheese salad and the pasta carbonara, our kids recommend the burgers.
Drinks were typically large, the service at the bar professional and efficient, we particularly remember Pepe our waiter who was so welcoming.
The fact that the majority of the hotels guests are German is a bonus as the standard is high and atmosphere is well mannered and friendly. The staff are from many different countries and can speak english no problem, the receptionist at the spa is British and really helpful.
If you want a family holiday that is relaxing, calm and enjoyable i would recommend the Gran Vista.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 400 M away from the Can Picafort beach. Wellness & fitness Spa. Attractive relax and health programmes. Rooms & Apartments: air-conditioning. Sat-TV. Minibar. Terrace. Apartments: Living room with sleeping-couch and kitchen. Sport & Leisure: swimming pools. Children's pools. Swimming lessons. Bicycle Center. Tennis courts. Minigolf. Miniclub. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Theme buffets. Show Cooking. Pool-Bistro. Panorama & Lounge bar with terrace. Special Services: Discounts on green fees at several golf clubs in Mallorca. Car rental. Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, TravelUp, Superbreak UK, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grupotel Gran Vista & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Gran Vista Hotel Ca`n Picafort
- Grupotel Gran Vista & Spa Ca'n Picafort, Majorca