Stayed here from 30th August-9th September 2011. First impressions of the room were a lot better than expected very clean and cool with a lot of marble surfaces which added a modern touch to the room. There was a huge walk in glass front shower in the bathroom. As mentioned in previous reviews most guests are German but this definitely isn't a problem and English tastes are always catered to as well. The grounds of the hotel are spotless and beautifully landscaped there are several different sized pools including a rectangle shaped one which has daily aqua aerobics classes. One thing I loved about the pool area was the availability of sunbeds there are always plenty to go around no matter what time of day you arrive at the pool and as there wasn't a specified sunbed space you could drag the sunbed to wherever you wanted whether in the sun on the grass or under a shaded gazebo. This hotel has an amazing spa and I'm disappointed we only got to use it once but it is perfect to go to when the weather is a bit cooler. The price is included in booking although you do have to pay for treatments such as massages. It was a very relaxing place with a jacuzzi, sauna and aromatherapy room as well as an ice room. The gym is next to the spa for people who like to keep active on holiday. If you walk out of the hotel the beach is about a 5 minute walk down the main strip and it really is a lovely clean beach, the resort of Ca'n Picafort is fairly quiet with lots of shops and nice bars and restaurants. There is a bus stop right outside the hotel which goes to various locations including Alcudia which I would recommend for a day trip. The only downside was the entertainment which seemed a bit lacking there was a different show advertised every night but there never seemed to be many people watching and the horror show was particularly bad nobody involved seemed like they were enjoying or even knew what they were doing, this wasn't a problem for us as we went elsewhere for entertainment. There also wasn't a lot aimed at children apart from a 5 minute song next to the pool everyday. The staff really are a credit to the Gran Vista particularly the waiting staff at meals and bar staff who are always smiling and chatting away to adults and children, at meal times your plates are cleared away before you even realise and staff really can't do enough to help, Pepe who worked in the downstairs bar was a real character and we had some good chats with him. The food was amazing there was so much to choose from, I had some of the best food I've ever eaten during the 10 days here, meals were always something to look forward to with so much variety both at breakfast and in the evening and the all you can eat buffet style catered to everyone's tastes. Each evening there was a different theme such as Mexican, Italian or Spanish so the choice was never repetitive. The hotel has a handy system for buying drinks whether you ordered them with your meal in the restaurant or at one of the bars you could ask to put them on your rooms tab and then pay it on the last day. We chose to do this with and it was very useful, we kept all of our receipts in a draw so we kept track of how much we had spent, as long as you don't go over the top with it I would say this is a very good idea. Finally one last excellent point about this hotel is the rooftop bar which I've never experienced at another hotel. We spent a lot of evenings up there and the 360 degree view, especially after dark was amazing. If you visit this hotel you must go up there at least once, it is a lovely relaxing atmosphere with sofas and music and of course cocktails. My favourite was The Panoramic cocktail which complemented the view perfectly. As you can tell I really can't say enough good things about this hotel or recommend it more highly, you really should see for yourself. I definitely hope to return one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 400 M away from the Can Picafort beach. Wellness & fitness Spa. Attractive relax and health programmes. Rooms & Apartments: air-conditioning. Sat-TV. Minibar. Terrace. Apartments: Living room with sleeping-couch and kitchen. Sport & Leisure: swimming pools. Children's pools. Swimming lessons. Bicycle Center. Tennis courts. Minigolf. Miniclub. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Theme buffets. Show Cooking. Pool-Bistro. Panorama & Lounge bar with terrace. Special Services: Discounts on green fees at several golf clubs in Mallorca. Car rental. Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Hotelopia, Odigeo, Superbreak UK and Hotels.com so you can book your Grupotel Gran Vista & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Gran Vista Hotel Ca`n Picafort
- Grupotel Gran Vista & Spa Ca'n Picafort, Majorca