Stayed at this hotel from 24/7/12 for 11 nights with my husband and 17 year old daughter and had a really lovely time with very hot, sunny weather. The hotel is in a very good location with plenty of bars and shops around but not close enough to any to cause sleepless nights. There is a large supermarket if you go down the drive to the main road and turn right, about a 10/15 minute walk along the main road and you will come to it. Here you can buy virtually anything you may need, a lot cheaper than the nearby Spa supermarket.
As stated in previous reviews the best thing about the hotel is the availability of sunbeds whatever time of day you go down to the pool and because the grounds are spacious you have plenty of room around you, you are not tripping over the person on the sunbed next to you. If you want some shade there are plenty of trees to lie under. There are some umbrellas but only around the terrace pool and these sunbeds do tend to go earlier than the rest. The pools were a little cool when we arrived but appeared to warm up during our stay, or maybe we just got used to it!
The room was kept very clean by the friendly maids but there wasn't that much spare room with 3 beds in it. We had asked for a high floor room, overlooking the pool and we were allocated a room on the 3rd floor overlooking the pool, so very pleased. The tv unusually had quite a few english channels which came in very handy to catch up on the olympic news whilst getting ready in the evenings. There is a safety deposit box in the room which you have to pay for but the fridge is free to use for your own drinks etc, very useful.
The restaurant has many different seating areas, so there are always plenty of tables available inside or out. The food was very good with plenty of choice and show cooking every night and always piping hot. The only day we were not too keen on was the Tuesday, but cant remember what theme it was now!
The children attending the kids clubs appeared to enjoy themselves and the staff were always very friendly but it did seem to be predominantly in German along with many guests but this was not a problem at all.
The spa was excellent and all free to use - the pool, jacuzzi, steam rooms etc etc. We went there daily for a chill out at the end of the day and thoroughly enjoyed it.
All in all a nice relaxing holiday and would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 400 M away from the Can Picafort beach. Wellness & fitness Spa. Attractive relax and health programmes. Rooms & Apartments: air-conditioning. Sat-TV. Minibar. Terrace. Apartments: Living room with sleeping-couch and kitchen. Sport & Leisure: swimming pools. Children's pools. Swimming lessons. Bicycle Center. Tennis courts. Minigolf. Miniclub. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Theme buffets. Show Cooking. Pool-Bistro. Panorama & Lounge bar with terrace. Special Services: Discounts on green fees at several golf clubs in Mallorca. Car rental. Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelUp, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grupotel Gran Vista & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Gran Vista Hotel Ca`n Picafort
- Grupotel Gran Vista & Spa Ca'n Picafort, Majorca