Travelled as a single male and given the previous reviews was a little concerned about the reception I'd get - but absolutely no problems. Its a great place to base your cycling / training from as you can utilise the plains or the mountains. The staff were all extremely helpful and spoke as best english as they could (much better then my spanish or german - why do some people complain so). Facilities fabulous and just what you'd expect from somewhere catering for german guests. Worthy of a special mention - Nadine at the bike centre - so helpful to me since I clearly didn't understand the Max Hurzeler site completely. Helen in the spa for being so helpfull and accomodating. Others include the bar staff and the Maitre'd. The ladies who cleaned my room also for putting up with all the sand.
The food was excellent and plentiful - being a cyclist thats always helful - no one really noticed how many courses I actually ate!
My only complaint was one male receptionist who confused me at every encounter.
Don't worry about some of the comments you may have seen - unless you like picking faults this place is well located, clean, well appointed and more than any British cyclist on a training camp pakage coule ever hope to expect.
Just one note of caution - much nudity in the spa. Not a problem for me but some prudes seemed to have a problem. Enough said.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 400 M away from the Can Picafort beach. Wellness & fitness Spa. Attractive relax and health programmes. Rooms & Apartments: air-conditioning. Sat-TV. Minibar. Terrace. Apartments: Living room with sleeping-couch and kitchen. Sport & Leisure: swimming pools. Children's pools. Swimming lessons. Bicycle Center. Tennis courts. Minigolf. Miniclub. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Theme buffets. Show Cooking. Pool-Bistro. Panorama & Lounge bar with terrace. Special Services: Discounts on green fees at several golf clubs in Mallorca. Car rental. Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TravelUp, HotelsClick, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and Superbreak UK so you can book your Grupotel Gran Vista & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Gran Vista Hotel Ca`n Picafort
- Grupotel Gran Vista & Spa Ca'n Picafort, Majorca