“Not enough words to describe how fantastic this hotel is...”
Review of Hotel Son Baulo

Hotel Son Baulo
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Ca'n Picafort
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Firstly I have to say that using Thomson for this holiday package was the best thing I did as I had booked this holiday as a surprise 30th Birthday present for my girlfriend...she had no idea where she was going until the night before. It went smoothly from beginning to end...just a shame it had to end.
Coach transfer dropped us directly outside the hotel so was glad not to have to walk. Upon entering the hotel it's really nice. The reception staff are friendly and welcoming. I had upgraded to a superior room with sea-view and we were not disappointed. The room was very nice, spacious and clean. I'm a little bit of a stickler for checking round the room to make sure it's clean and I wasn't disappointed at all. Because we had a superior room we also had an LCD TV which was nice for those moments of chilling out before we got ready for the evening entertainment. The beds are firm and although I my partner who suffers with a bad back was ok with it, I found I woke up with a back ache each morning...nothing an Ibuprofen couldn't sort. Throughout the hotel it's very clean and each member of staff is very helpful. There are posters and various bits of paper on the pin board to keep you updated of the entertainment and events happening in and out of the hotel. Weather was also updated on the boards and the daily changing menu was there for all to see.
Moving onto the menu, it was changed daily which was nice to have that variation. At breakfast there were cereal, fruit and cooked options. Omelette was also available freshly cooked while you wait. The evening meal was also very good with more than one option for starters, main meals and also deserts. There certainly were no problems with everyone going up for 2nd's and 3rd's for each course....I can't fault the food in anyway at all. I was pleasantly surprised by it.
There was also a good variety of beverages available which was definately to my liking.
The pool area was nice too. Very clean and plenty of sun loungers with parasols to choose from. The pool was cold, however we have just been at the start of the season and it was actually really refreshing when I got to hot. There is a bar next to the pool with beverages and snacks...also included pool table, air hockey and other things.
Lunch is also available even though it's a half board hotel so when I take my children next year the will be happy with that. The entertainment was brilliant every night, my partner was pleased that they play bingo every night and I won't spoil it but it's very funny with the way they do it. If you are taking children, be prepared to be pulled up on stage for the kids mini disco...I was....and secretly I quite enjoyed it.
Gill who is the Entertainments Manager is an absolute credit to the hotel and is one the big reasons for going back next year. If you go please say hi to here from me.
The waiters and also the staff which you don't see behind the scenes are what make this hotel so great and again is a big reason for us returning next year.
There is an adults only room upstairs and also some of that is seperated off so the men can watch the sports. Below the adults only room there is a kids room with pool tables, air hockey, arcades and also a seating area with an LCD TV showing kids movies from time to time.
The beach is also lovely, quite surreal when lying on the beach listening to the waves and also the ducks quacking while they skim the small lake running up the side of the hotel.
There is a Marina about 10 mins walk along the front and 5 mins further will take you into the centre of Ca'N Picafort itself which has lots of palm trees and an array of shops!
The staff at this hotel are willing to go out of the way to help you and ensure you are having a great time.
I suggest anyone who is looking for a nice holiday with or without children should go here. I really cant say enough about this place...other than I'm going again next year with the kids and I know they will love it.

Room Tip: Ask for a superior room with seaview!!!
22  Thank smudgey79
Write a ReviewReviews (1,701)

Reviewed 18 May 2011

Just got back from a week stay at this hotel we had week cruise week before staying here. The hotel is excellent right on the beach fantastic views, Hotel very clean staff wonderful entertainment good, plenty of sunbeds around pool and terrace area. If you want sunbed on beach these are independent from the hotel and are charged at 6euro so if you only want to sit and catch your breath after a walk along the beach I suggest you wait until you are back at the hotel if yo don't want to pay but if you want a day on the beach in comfort then it is worth it. This hotel is definitely worth a visit, we did some of the trips offered the Island Tour is brilliant and a visit to Palma a must.. We would most certainly go back.

15  Thank 18bly21
Reviewed 15 May 2011

We arrived at the Son Baulo in the early hours.Our room was generous in size with a modern flat screen tv.The room and bathroom was quite adequate for our week stay.We were lucky enough to be given a sea view.I would say this hotel has the best view in Can Picafort.Its situated on a small sandy beach with the main resort centre about a 20 minute walk away along the sea front.The staff at the hotel all work really hard to ensure you have an enjoyable stay.The food was excellent with plenty of choice for everyone.For what we paid we got an absolute bargain here.So if you are thinking of holidaying here,Go On,Book It . I couldnt fault it !!

13  Thank TyneandWearAnnabel
Reviewed 14 March 2011

Great hotel and location, a pleasant 20 min walk along the promenade into the centre. Food excellent, very good vegetarian options and the sweets are o die for. The hotel is straight on the beach, the beach was so warm. Good sun terrace and good snack bar. Rooms large and roomy and always clean, we had a room with a sea view which I would recommend. All the staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The pool and surrounding areas was always kept clean and tere was no problem in getting a sunbed. A perfect famiy hotel, would return

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
15  Thank Sharon177
Reviewed 1 November 2010

We booked a holiday very late and this was recommended by First Choice. We could not have picked abetter hotel if we had sspent hours on Trip Advisor! Bearing in mind its 3 star rating, this hotel surpassed our expectations in every respect. Located right on the beach (no roads for little ones to cross) and opposite a nature reserve, the hotel was very peaceful. There was however plenty to do. The beach had sports facilities and there was cycle hire or pony trekking for the active ones. The Kids Club was absolutely marvellous - top marks to the girls who ran the club with so much energy and enthusiasm. The food was perfectly cooked and presented - plenty of variety each night, including a selection for the kids. Presented buffet style, the trays were constantly being replenished. The choice was completely different every night - no recycled leftovers. The evening entertainment was much as you woul expect for a family hotel - bingo, quiz, mini-disco, etc but with some entertainers coming in to do a show on three or four evenings, including some astonsishing acrobats. Rooms were basic but spacious and beds were comfortable for a good nights sleep. Rooms and public areas were kept spotless and our chamber maid was very creative with our son's soft toys! There was no noise at all from adjoining rooms. The staff were friendly and helpful and courteous at all times. Even though we were amongst the last to leave the hotel for the season, and the resort was clsoing all around us, the staff remained fully attentive - right to the buffet breakfast laid out for us at 6am on our day of departure. Pool was a bit cold but you can't have everything! All in all a perfect family holiday and strongly recommended. Great value for money.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank Alansolicitor
Reviewed 30 October 2010

Booked a late deal to the Son Baulo with Thomsons.Had a lovely room overlooking the pool.Hotel in perfect location right next to the beach.Everything was spotlessly clean.

We loved the food (served buffet style} especially the salads and desserts.Could always find something to choose.Of course you always meet whingers who complain about everything!

Evening entertainment ok. We liked the Spanish Dancing and Magician.However Reptile/ Parrot shows not to our liking. There is a quiet room/TV room you can retreat to .

Beds could be abit more comfortable.Staff very obliging..

Caught the bus to Alcudia old town and got to visit Pollenca on the Blanket Trip.

If we went again would probably go earlier than Oct. as weather on the change and it is their rainy time but we did have some hot sunshine.

All in all a good holiday and excellent value for money.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank LilyEngland
Reviewed 29 October 2010

Being an older traveller (50's), and single, I have always find it difficult to get a reasonable deal, without paying a fortune, so picked this hotel on a late deal, having read the reviews, and wasn't disapointed.
It's major advantage is that it's the only hotel in this area actually "on the sandy beach", the rest you have to at least cross the promenade , and then to a quite rocky beach.
As a single you get used to broom cupboard size rooms, so I was surprised to get a triple overlooking the pool, ( I don't know if they actually have any single rooms).
Being a family orientated hotel, I was very pleased to find an adults only area, attached to the lounge, with a TV room, and reading / games room.
I found the staff very friendly and helpful, especially so if you tried to use their language, no matter how limited you may be.
The food was very good with plenty of choices, I doubt wether anybody could leave there feeling hungry.
The entertainment was designed for families as I expected, but there are plenty of other choices within walking distance.
All in all a nice hotel which I would certainly return to.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
#14 of 60 in Cala Millor
Universal Hotel Bikini
Universal Hotel Bikini
#24 of 60 in Cala Millor

Been to Hotel Son Baulo? Share your experiences!