From when we arrived at 3am at night the holiday began. We were offered sandwiches and tea at that time in the morning. Our apartment was a garden one facing the rear which was lovely. The chambermaid service was everyday, she cleaned made beds and replaced the towels, even did our couple of dishes in the sink !
The food was varied, fresh, plentiful and a huge variety of choices at every sitting. You could see it constantly being replenished as the meal service went on. The food service staff was ever there, plenty of people about to help with any questions and needs. Every lunch and dinner had a star attraction course being done on the grill, sardines, steak (mmmmmmmm), langoustines, as well as all the varieties for the kids.
The pool bar had everything as well as a big freezer full of endless ice-creams for the kids. The pool was beautiful, with a slope into it at one end which was a nice safe aspect for toddlers, and very well attended by staff. you were invited to partake in games if you wanted, but I only took part in the aqua aerobics, which was lots of fun.
We were all inclusive and I wouldn't really come here if it wasn't. In so far as the location being too far from the town or shops, we didnt see what the problem was with other reviewers as it is only a 10 min stroll down to the town, you are on holiday where's the rush?? And it's a nice walk too! You are right beside the bus stop for Alcudia and a little "train" ride bus that goes around the local town, both of which we did which were great fun.
My husband used the spa and loved it, it also has an indoor pool, sauna and jacussi, which we didnt use.
At night my 3yr old couldnt wait to finish dinner every night to get onto the mini disco! Which was fabulous fun, we bought the cd to bring home so she has a mini disco at home now. After the mini disco was a new act every night for the adults, which was always good and sometimes brilliant.
We feel the holiday was a major success because of the kids too, as they had all they wanted, drinks ice-cream, disco, food, playgroup every morning, extra little parties, i.e. chocolate party, pirate party! My child was 3 so she used the Thomas Cook playgroup as the hotel playgroup starts at the age of 4yrs+. The girls in Thomas Cook were fab though, and my wee one loved to go, and it gave me some one to one time with my youngest which was lovely. I found my 3yr old learned a lot about making friends and we enjoyed meeting new people too from all over europe.
The town of Can Picafort is small and has enough, with a pretty seaside boardwalk and beautiful beaches, nice shops and restraunts. A great quiet location with good bustle at night. Perfect for families.
To sum it up a fab hotel, really lovely staff, lovely family rooms, great pool, great drinks, great value for money and you'll come home fatter! We are booking it again for next year! With Thomas Cook!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vell Mari Hotel&Resort is located in Ca'n Picafort in the north of Majorca, just 700 meters from the beach of San Baulo with protected white sand of 17 km in length and has an excellent Mediterranean weather almost all year. The Hotel offers its guests a free shuttle to the beach. Over 30,000 m2 of facilities make Vell Mari spectacular Resort for family travel or sports enthusiasts. This Hotel is recommended for fans of Cycling and Golf. Vell Mari puts at the disposal of its clients agreements with the major Golf Courses and clubs of cycling. In addition account with 4 paddle courts, 1 tennis court, 1 minifootball field, mini gym, spa and massage area. This resort consists of 211 apartments of different categories with beautiful views of the lake 2 swimming pools surrounded by full nature. Spacious apartments in small buildings of 3 floors with facilities for handicapped people and private parking for their customers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotelopia, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vell Mari Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Vell Mari Hotel Ca`n Picafort
- Iberostar Sa Coma
- Iberostar Hotel Vell Mari
- Vell Mari Hotel & Resort Ca'n Picafort, Majorca