“Fantastic Hotel but in the middle of nowhere” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vell Mari Hotel & Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Vell Mari Hotel & Resort
Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Ca'n Picafort
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hotel but in the middle of nowhere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

We've just returned back from 10 days at the Vell Mari. We stayed from the 29th August - 8th September. If I'd read some of the recent reviews before I booked this holiday I probably wouldn't have stayed there, however this is a fantastic hotel, the staff are really friendly and the food is fantastic. The only criticsm I have is the location. The nearest shop is about 20minutes walk away. I would have expected a hotel of this size and standard to have had its own shop.

Room Tip: If you can ask for a ground floor garden facing room. We stayed in block 3 which was the furthest aw...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Janine S

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Polish first
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

we had a fantastic weeks holiday in may 2013. The Vell Mari, is a lovely hotel, clean, well maintained and the staff are exceptionally helpful and friendly, from the moment you check in until you leave, nothing is too much trouble.
we travelled with our two daughters aged 10 and 6. They loved every minute of the holiday.
The food was excellent and plenty of choice, and the girls loved the pancakes in the morning!
Rooms were lovely, very clean and had the best weeks sleep as beds very comfy.
The entertainment at night was brilliant, great acts and we loved sitting out in the evening, the girls loved the childrens disco and the entertainers FAbio!!
Location is nice although it is a little out of the town, but we knew this before we booked and the walk is only about 15mins and can get the land Train there or back.
Would love to go back as do the girls. Thank you Vell Mari sorry it took so long to write the review!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sarah F
Enfield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

Just back from 2 fantastic weeks at the Vell Mari from 18 August - 1 September. It is rare to find an affordable accommodation which comfortably sleeps a family of 6, let alone one which provides such a wonderful atmosphere. I haven't felt this relaxed after a holiday since pre-kids!!!!

Everything positive I read before I went was true - it was very easy to put the names I'd seen on trip advisor to faces! Special mention to the wonderful waiter Miguel, who always had a smile for everyone and the hugely talented entertainments team - particularly Michelle, Fabio and Naomi. I have four children aged 9, 11, 13 and 14 and for two whole weeks I never heard the words "I'm bored" once - bliss!!!! Happy teenagers = happy parents :o)))

I also need to mention the hard working, helpful reception staff who spent six days chasing one of our suitcases which went off on a different holiday to the rest of us!!!!

It's a 15 minute walk to the beach and you do need to get up early to get top spot sun loungers around the pool, but the food is very well cooked and varied, the staff can't do enough for you and the entire complex is spotless, very green, well maintained and well shaded.

I look forward to our next holiday at the Vell Mari and hope that all the current team stay with the upcoming changes.

1 Thank Janet_Tony2013
Rotherwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have just returned from a weeks stay here 3/8/13 I travelled with my husband and 2 children age 3 and 4 and I honestly can't think of a bad word to say about it.
The hotel provides everything you need for a relaxing all inclusive break it is a 15 minute walk to the beach which is lovely,
FOOD I have to be one of the fussiest eaters and I didn't have a problem here there is a chef cooking the special of the evening every night all very nice and the other food is all hot and of a wide variety there is something to please everyone. Kids buffet is also fantastic.
ROOM we stayed in block 4 in a ground floor apartment again I couldn't fault this there is large open gardens all around the blocks perfect for the kids to play while back at the room. They were cleaned everyday to a high standard.
ENTERTAINMENT There was a mini disco every night at 8:30 which the kids loved the team was fantastic. after this was a diff show every night which was was fun for both the adults and the kids. At the back of the stage is a playground suitable for all ages. There are also football pitches and a volley ball pitch. My daughter also had swimming lessons during our stay 30mins a day for 5 days with Lindsay who I can't praise enough my daughter couldn't swim without arm bands but after the lessons she was doing the length of the pool without them.
All the staff were friendly and welcoming we can't wait to book for next year!!!

1 Thank Scott F
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

The Vell Mari hotel suited us as a family with a great large pool only problem very difficult to get sun beds as they had towels on them from 7am there are notices around that unattended beds would have towels removed never happened mores the pity.
All three of our rooms were very clean and spacious and well looked after by the maids.
All the grounds were well maintained and buildings very clean.
We were on all inclusive so there was plenty of choice of drinks all day served with a smile from the bar tenders the food quality wise was very good but it got a bit the same as the week went on.
Breakfast was a disappointment for me as I like nice bacon and mushrooms which were not available ,there was a good choice of fruit and eggs.
The animation team was very good as was most of the visiting entertainment.
All the sports activity was well organised with tennis courts and football courts well maintained.
It was about a 15 to 20 minute walk to Cn Picafort all on the flat, there was a good bus service to Alcudia.
All in all a good holiday for our 50th wedding aniversary with our family.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed at the hotel for a week in August with our 3 children. We had a fantastic holiday. Everything about the hotel was great, the pool, food, atmosphere, staff, rooms, entertainment team, we couldn't fault anything. The girls did the cheerleading with Chelsea and loved it! My husband played football every day with Fabio and I enjoyed the keep fit sessions! The hotel staff did over and above their job. My husband had his birthday whilst we were there and the restaurant staff set us a special table and sorted a cake, they even left a bottle of cava in our room which was a lovely gesture. If you are looking for a great family holiday you will certainly get it at this hotel! We enjoyed it so much that we would like to return next year. The only problem is that we cannot get a price from Thomas Cook yet. If the Vell Mari read this review we would be happy to book directly with you!! Thanks for a great holiday!

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

1 Thank Mnnbvc
england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

Came back from eight days The Vell Mari on 28 Aug. The staff were really friendly nothing was too much trouble. Great entertainment in the open air stage area .My grandchildren 6 and eight loved the little ones show on for an hour every night, then it was an hour of adult entertainment a different theme every night. Food was varied and a vast assortment to choose from.show cooking was superb..Suitable for all ages with only a short walk to the beach. I spoilt myself by having a facial and body wrap pure heaven! Would definitely go again.

Room Tip: I had a studio being alone, my daughter and family had a family room,being only two story blocks it...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Tonga Tower Design Hotel & Suites
Grupotel Gran Vista & Spa
Grupotel Gran Vista & Spa
#5 of 39 in Ca'n Picafort

Been to Vell Mari Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!