Stayed for two weeks in mid August with wife and two daughters aged 8 and 10. We all had a fantastic time. All of the good reviews are absolutely true. If you want to go to a decent 4 star hotel with great facilities, food, pools, entertainment and staff then I would highly recommend Viva Mallorca.
It's hidden away but don't let that put you off - to us it was better that it wasn't in the hustle and bustle of the beach area. The entrance lobby is impressive and leads into plush landscaped gardens that are impeccably maintained. The apartments are a decent size with the girls on the sofa beds in the lounge area. Microwave, fridge, hob, etc in kitchen - enough for lunch, etc. Safe in room for a small fee plus deposit. Air conditioning is really effective. Our room faced the rear which was fine - a real sun trap in the evening, but you can pay a bit extra if you want pool view or ground floor terrace.
The pool area is superb with three interlinked pools of different depths. The entire place is so clean, never any dirt or litter around. The pool is cleaned daily by an army of staff early in the morning. Towels available from reception for a small deposit. Can be changed every few days. Adult pool and covered sun beds for no charge - well respected by everybody. Plenty of sunbeds around until about 9.30am. Staff collect towels off unoccupied sun beds before 9.00am. Lots of grassed areas if no beds available.
The staff are great and are very helpful. The entertainment reps run everything really well and are not too in your face if you don't want to participate. Thomas, Peggy, Tiina, Paul and Kellie - thanks a lot guys. The girls didn't use the kids clubs much, but enjoyed them when they did. They tended to spend most of their time in the pools playing with new friends of many different nationalities.
The mix of nationalities is a real plus point and contributes to the atmosphere of the hotel. Dutch, German, English and Irish mostly - all very friendly. Lots of stuff for the grown up kids to do - archery, rifle, water polo, volleyball, football - all reasonaly well attended (even the football in 100 degree heat!). The odd injury cropped up - how's the finger Richard?!
The food is great, even for fussy kids. Plenty of choice and variety at breakfast and particularly for dinner. Stayed half board which was plenty. If you eat and drink a lot then all inclusive might be worth it, but not for us. Supermarket on site obviously more expensive than the large supermarket 5 mins down the road.
Evening entertainment was pretty good. Lots of shows which were fairly entertaining. They have a kids show a few times before the main show which is a good idea - High School Musical a particular highlight for our girls.
We booked separately over the internet about 8 weeks before we went which seemed a fair bit cheaper than booking through Sovereign or travel company. Hired a car for the fortnight to travel around a bit - Soller, Cap de Formentor, Marineland, etc - all worth a trip.
All in all a great holiday. We would highly recommend Viva Mallorca - it really is difficult to fault. We would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Viva Mallorca & SPA is the ideal solution for families and couples looking for a first-class holiday in the north of the island. This Aparthotel in Can Picafort has it all: modern facilities designed to offer maximum comfort; a fully equipped and refurbished Spa with sauna, Turkish bath, Jacuzzi, indoor pool, aromatic showers and Scottish showers, a pebble pool and a massage service; large gardens and sun terrace with a general pool, a children’s pool with games and a Pirate Boat, and an exclusive chill-out pool with Balinese sunbeds; spectacular, spacious rooms with every amenity; buffet style and "a la carte" restaurants where you can enjoy the most varied and succulent cuisine. Above all, in Viva Mallorca & SPA guests are guaranteed top-notch service and a program of activities to suit the holidays of the whole family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, TravelUp, Lastminute, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com and LoveHolidays so you can book your Viva Mallorca & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Mallorca Hotel Ca`n Picafort
- Viva Mallorca Aparthotel Hotel
- Viva Mallorca & Spa Ca'n Picafort, Majorca