We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ca'n Picafort
SuneoClub Haiti
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Ca'n Picafort
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Just spent a very nice week here. The four of us (adults) were all pleasantly surprised by how good this hotel was - we were expecting something cheap and cheerful! Rooms were tidy and cleaned daily. Bathrooms were excellent and beds and TV very good. Would have been nice to have had a small fridge in the apartment though! All hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and we were surprised by just how many cleaners etc. there were. The food was very good - ample choice and no queuing all week. Our biggest gripe was the opening hours of the restaurant in the evenings! 6.00pm - 8.30pm was far too early and short - especially if you had been out for the day. Staying open until at least 9.30 pm would make a big improvement. We did raise this with the restaurant manager who was not surprised by our comments and suggested we raise it with Thompson's and through this type of forum - which we have. As for entertainment, this was largely non-existant through the day, which was no problem for us but we felt sorry for the families with young kids. The evening 'shows' were ok - some better than others - but, overall, Thompsons badly need to overhaul their entertainment staff at this hotel - too many doing too little!! The resort itself was excellent. Very clean, not noisy, excellent beach, no hassle from 'watch-sellers' etc. Lots of good shops, nice little road train which stops just outside the hotel. All in all, very enjoyable and we would probably return again - especially if restaurant opening hours were changed.

Room Tip: Rooms at back are quieter but have little sun on balconies. Rooms facing pool are sunnier but noisie...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Dave E
Write a ReviewReviews (1,514)

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Just arrived home after a week. Positives are good service, rooms cleaned and fresh towels everyday. It's is a 3star with a mix of guests. The majority are families, some make you squirm for being British and others had well mannered pleasant children. Entertainment is run by the hotel. Xerox and take that show were very good, craig the entertainment manager is a joke who tries to woo the female guests and in a week the only activity we saw him do was push the kids in the pool, until one slipped and the parents complained , he lets the hotel down. Room basic but clean and nice sea view, pool or terrace not cleaned to our knowledge when we were there. Food good and bar staff friendly plus zoey and George were helpful. Pirate show excellent although it was expensive. Resort safe and short distance to the beach. We had a great holiday but I would go to a diff hotel if I went back to Majorca.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Thrifties
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Myself, my five year old and three teenagers have recently come back from a package holiday at this hotel. the hotel was very welcoming, clean and well organised. all guests were all inclusive which ment no wrist bands were needed. the buffet meals were very good with at least 4/5 choices each meal, even the fussiest eater wouldn't have a problem here. all soft and alcohol drinks were included as well as nice ice cream, my five year old loved this bit the best, would def go back.

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank Jackie776
Reviewed 15 July 2012

My friend and I stayed at the hotel Haiti for a week in June, we were looking for an all inclusive at a reasonable price and so here's where we ended up. We arrived late, after the bar had closed, and checked in quickly. Our room was on the third floor 318 and faced the back of the hotel. The sea was to the right of our balcony. The room was clean with a newly refurbished bathroom, the room itself could've benefited from a spruce up too but not an issue. The beds were reasonably comfortable and the choice of television channels was good. The air conditioning wasn't to cracky in the room.
On our first morning we went for breakfast, the choice was ok, cereal, toast, english breakfast, meats, cheeses, fruit and yoghurt. The dining room was always clean and staff pleasant. Lunch and Tea was similar, there was always a range of salads which were fresh, soup of the day, then an selection of hot food, there was always pasta, pizza, chips and chicken nuggets along with meat and fish dishes and vegetables. Pudding was either cake, ice cream, fruit or cheese and biscuits. Snacks were available between meal times it was mainlt cheese and ham sandwiches and cakes. Though ice crfeams were always available.
Drink selection at the bar was good, i was mostly drinking cava which i was surprised was included.
The bar staff were always efficient and polite, and collected glasses and ashtrays regularly.
The pool area was ok,a little untidy at times, but great when in need of cooling down, and the lifeguard is present from 1000 until 1800.
The entertainment was absolutley rubbish and non existant at times. There was an entertainment schedule daily, and very few times did any of it take place. There should be more for the adults in the evening other than watching the simpleton Paul happy clapping to himself on the stage.
A five minute walk down the road was the beach which was very nice, beautiful water and pretty clean sand. There is a supermarket across the road and lots of souvenier shops down by the beach.
So to conclude, this hotel is a 3* and thats what you get. It's not claiming to be anything its not. As for the reviews insulting other guests, well there will always be some people that get on your nerves, not the fault of the hotel though. The Jezza Kyle guests provided some entertainment when the hotel wasn't.
For the price this holiday was good value for money, though one week was enough. I would possibly go back for just a cheap week away but not a main holiday.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank angieHalifax
Reviewed 14 July 2012

me and my partner stayed in the haiti from the 7th july to the 14th we stay in 3* all the time and this was one of the best,all the staff were really friendly and worked hard keeping the place going,the maids were brilliant our room was made up daily and a little tip(ask for a second pillow makes you sleep so much better)the bathroom looked like it was brand new and we had a flat screen tv,the food was spot on some nice selections and the breakfast was great and there was never a queue,the most shocking thing was you could go down to the pool at 10am and still get sunbeds and even better the life guard or waiters would go get extra ones if you asked which is really good of them and the pool never got packed you could just go for a dip which was nice seen as it was very hot on some days,there is one downside and thats the entertainment team,paul seemed a nice guy and tried his best with the props he has but craig is a an idiot and is robbing a living,if he thinks standing by the pool getting 4 and 5 year olds to try and throw him in the pool and then throwing them in is entertainment then he's in the wrong job(two kids were hurt while we were there and complaints was made).The hotel is about 10mins from the beach and the main stretch of ca'n picafort with its bars and shops and just down the road is the trotters bar where we ate and drink all week because thats how good it is there,mo the owner,sara the dj and entertainer and miguel are great so funny and nice they make the place rock every night they have loads going on from music quiz,shot's quiz,cash bingo,karaoke and live sports and the food there is amazing the trotters bar made our hol brilliant and i think people should venture out from the hotel instead of staying in there the whole holiday seen as it isnt dear at all out and around.

Room Tip: we had a pool side room and found it very quiet and was on the 4th floor,we asked for a second pillo...
2  Thank Jetsetter20001
Reviewed 14 July 2012

myself and my boyfriend stayed at the Haiti from the 7th july arriving home today (14th). When we arrived at the hotel we were checked in quite quickly and went straight up to the room. i was disgusted at what i was met with. The bathroom was horrendous...the mirror was all cracked at the bottom and had rusted badly due to this.... the air vent was also hanging off the wall. In the bedroom section of the room the plug socket was also hanging off the wall exposing some wiring...which of course is dangerous to all but especially to prying children!! The balcony door even when 'locked' could be pulled apart so the room could never really be 'secure'. My boyfriend immediately went downstairs to see if they could offer us a better room...which they did.

When we got to the new room there was a clear improvement as the bathroom had been modernised however the we were in the same situation with the balcony door!!! Luckily we did pay to use the safe so our valuables were locked away...but that still didn't make us feel any better at night when you're sleeping with a door that doesn't lock!!

The pool area at the hotel Haiti was however a good factor!! the pool is a good size for the number of people staying and was clean and tidy throughout the week. If you do want a lounger for the day you will have to go down early as by 9- 9.30ish they are all taken!!

The restaurant was clean throughout the week and the staff were always polite. I would say that the tables are very close together and there are no real gangways to get through apart from the two main walkways...so sometimes when you're sitting on one side of the room and go up to get food you find yourself walking around the whole restaurant to get to your table!!!
The food i found very limited and very samey each evening but for what it was it was OK!!!

The entertainment team was an absolute shambles throughout the whole week. They seemed more interested in chatting to groups of girls than doing any activities with the children which i assume is the main reason for them being there? On two days i did see then interacting with the children at the poolside ...however this resulted in one injury for a little girl after being thrown in the pool by one of them ...and one adult making a complaint about them for their foul language around the pool area where there were lots of children and families around.

Having been to Majorca 4 times and staying in different hotels and resorts i would say the entertainment team at the Haiti was the poorest.

The hotel is on a main road which is not a very good view from the balcony!!! Somehow a petrol station is not what i had in mind for a pool view which is what we listed as a preferred factor when we booked the room!!

Can picafort as a resort on the other hand i could not fault. It has a very laid back family vibe about it and i would definitely re-visit ...just not at the same hotel!!!
Williams bar is also one to mention which is a 5 minute walk from the hotel. We spent most evenings here due to the poor entertainment at the hotel and thouroughly enjoyed every night spent there!!!

3  Thank cynth89
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Me and my boyfriend (21 and 22) travelled to Hotel Haiti on the 1st June 2012 for one week. We decided to go at this time because it was not far from peak season but far enough so it would not be full of children (Wrong!)
I will start on the other guests at this hotel, wow springs to mind, they were very rude, some were always drunk (wouldnt be a problem because they paid for their holiday as well, but they had small children). Twice I was waiting at the bar for a soft drink to take to the pool side, when on the first occasion a young guy about our age pushed straight infront of me and ordered about 4 drinks (there is a 2 drink policy per person), on the second occasion I was stood with my boyfriend (both of us almost 6 foot) with a big bright yellow lilo to take into the pool (so it was not as if we could not be seen) when an older woman stepped straight infront of me and ordered her drink without a thought. The queues were never big maybe 3 or 4 people in line at a push, but some people just think because they had paid for all inclusive they dont, and wont queue for anything. The other review it very correct on the people at this place, most of them very rough looking and have no consideration for other people at all.

Now to start on the Hotel itself...On arrival we were extremely tired after arriving at half 1 in the morning, and were pleasently supprised to be greated with a warm welcome from the reception. They took our passports and we were given our key card, we went to our room on the first floor (it was above the dining area, but on the otherside away from the main road) The room had aircon which was very lovely in the heat we had, it had 2 single beds pushed together, and a pullout flat screen tv on the wall. There was plenty of space for clothes and various other draws for storage. The bathroom was nice and had a big mirror on the wall, the shower was very nice, powerful and warm, There were some rust on the ceiling and around the shower but this did not bother us in the slightest.

We went down for breakfast after we had slept, (breakfast runs from 8 till 10) at first it was lovely, bacon, eggs, sausages, hard boiled eggs, bread toast etc.. but as the week went on I was getting very frustrated because the breakfasts never changed, they were the same every day. (My boyfriend however loved it being a big bacon and eggs guy) I suppose its just a matter of opinion. Lunch runs from 12:30 till 2:30 and again the first few days it was very lovely, a mixture of salads, pasta, fish, pizza, but again I became frustrated as the food became repetative. The plates were only small so I found myself having pasta mixed with other foods it should not be with. Tea time runs from 6 till 8 and again pastas, salads, breads, cheeses, soups, all lovely at first then I became fed up again as the food became repetative. The deserts or lack of, were not very nice at all, what I though was angel delight was horrendous, seriously do not try it. The cakes were disgusting, even the ice cream tasted strange, on two occasions however I found myself actually enjoying the strawberry gateau cake, probably the only nice thing in that section. All of the meal times had a selection of fruit and cereals (which again was gross) Although again it is probably a matter of opinion, as others seem to be enjoying it. We never had the cakes between dinner and tea, they looked like smaller versions of what was available at dinner time, and the sandwiches which was available on a night were not very good either, some strange meat filled in every one of them. The ice creams (that were available all day) were lovely, and the ones in the plain white packets I could not get enough of.

I read many reviews about the strawberry vodka and lemonade, and decided that I really had to try it. It was the most delicious drink I had ever tasted, and after a few found myself feeling a bit dizzy. Watch how much vodka actually goes into the cup and you will see why, no half measures at this place. One night watching the steps tribute band (which were absolutely fantastic) I was sat at the bar to get a better view, drinking my drink, half way down the glass, turned around to find the bar man had gotten me another without asking, I found this very nice, but found myself again feeling dizzy and a little drunk, so do go careful on the drinks if you dont want to be hungover the next day. We arrived the night Spain had won the Euro, so when we went to the bar the next day and was 'greeted' with a very grumpy bar man (Paco) we gave him the benefit of doubt on thinking they all just probably had a good time the night before and was feeling a little delicate, but his mood never changed for the whole week. The other bar men and the glass collector with the glasses however were lovely.

The entertainment, one word, rubbish, well except for the stept tribute band. The kids disco starts at half 8 every night, and the adults entertainment starting at half 9. We stayed down once to watch the entertainment, the other nights it was things like, quiz night (would have been good if the paper was not just handed to you for you to answer with no one being the 'quiz master', and obviously no prizes as all the drinks were free anyway. The entertainment was very very poor, starting late (you might not think its late until you actually get there and find you have nothing to do for 3 hours). We found ourselves walking around the shops every night.

Walking around the shops I was very nervous that the owners were gonna be practically pushing us into their shops, but it was not like this at all, they did follow you once you were in, but no pressure was there to buy things.

The beach looked lovely on the pictures, but getting there I found it to be dirty, with tractors going across it every morning trying to clean it up, it was very rocky, so I would be careful on your feet. Im not one for the sea myself having a big phobia of fish, so my boyfriend walked out a little and after coming back said he was astounded by the amount of fish that were out there and how big some of them was, and when walking across the beach could see people running out of the water and others gasping and talking about how many fish was so close by. Would be great for people wanting to snorkle.

The resort itself was not very clean either, ive never been to a resort that had dog poo scattered about the walkways and near the docks, usually seeing binmen everyday, it is very different here only seeing two men attempting to clean (although getting distracted at everything). I also felt like I was living on top of the perminent residents there, as there houses were scattered around.

The pool in the hotel was cold, and at first took me a good 10 to 20 minutes to get in, then I figured that if I keep walking down the steps and dont stop it is much easier to get in. It is very cold at first, but once in (and youve got your breath back) it is lovely. DOnt wear goggles and look under though, we did this on the last day, wanting to take underwater pictures and found it to be scattered with litter in there.
Around the pool was clean, yes the grass can get a bit annoying, but it makes the place look nicer. We liked to be tucked away in the corner under the trees to be away from screaming kids and other people, and on one occasion, a family (having all the room in the world) moved their sunbeds to be literally inches away making us feel very uncomftable. (some people just dont have common sence I guess)

The maids could not do enough for you, and it appears that they really do love their jobs. Im sure I am missing something from this review but I cannot think.

It may appear that I have given this hotel a bad review, but that is not the case at all, the first 5 days of this holiday I had a wonderful time, but by the end of the holiday I was just ready to go home.

I would not go back to this hotel, but I believe it is deffinately worth a visit, just glad we only booked for a week, because I dont think I could have lasted another week.

Its not a bad place at all, and I was very thankful that I had the chance to go, I suppose the reviews are based on different opinions, and the mood you are in when you arrive, if your grumpy, the chance of you hating the place is very likely.

Sorry this review has been so long, but I feel it is best for you to know every detail.

Hope you enjoy your holiday at the Haiti.

Room Tip: We were in 133, it was above the dining area but away from the main road (and if you have a room at...
2  Thank ChannehL