“Exactly as Thomson's Description”
Review of SuneoClub Haiti

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ca'n Picafort
SuneoClub Haiti
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Ca'n Picafort
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My partner and I have just returned from a weeks holiday in the Hotel Haiti. I have no complaints whatsoever. The food was of an extremely high quality with a wide variety of dishes - I have to add that if anyone criticised the food or could not find anything suitable for their taste, I would have to wonder what they would normally eat!!

The rooms were basic but very clean - to be honest you have a bed, a loo, shower/bath, sink, tv, fridge and a balcony - what more could you wish for???

The staff were extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. The staff were continually cleaning up glasses and changing ashtrays and did it all with a smile.

Would I go here again - yes I would. For a reasonably priced quick week away it does the trick.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool tend to be noisy both during the day and the evening. Request a sea view...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Mellie61
Write a ReviewReviews (1,517)

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I brought my family here the week it opened and we loved it. The food is excellent and always different things to choose from and snacks during the day and as much ice cream as the kids can handle. The boy Darren who was meant to do the entertainment didnt look like he really knew what he was doing and was really just one of the guests. Luckily half way through the holiday he was joined by Tasha. Tasha straight away got the ball rolling by doing a mini disco for the kids at night followed by a quiz/gameshow. . She also got activities running through the day. A special thanks to her for making the kids holiday. Also our favourite barman Quan (the young one) was so friendly. The only downside was there was no pool music and the entertainment explained they wanted it but the hotel said no. Even if it was quiet it would make a big difference. Overall a good holiday and would consider going back again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank jane s
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I Booked this break in November '13 a little unsure due to some reviews, but thanks to shazza 1982 any concerns were soon laid to rest, when I asked her some questions abouy her stay.
After an easy flight it took us about an hour to get to the hotel. We were booked in very quickly and the receptionist advised us that we should get lunch straight away as the restaurant was only open for another 1/2 hour. Following this I went to my room, this was nice nothing special but very compact and extremely clean. I requested an extra pillow which was delivered almost as soon as I put the phone down! The power shower was great and was wonderfully massaging The staff at this hotel are fantastic and not one person let them down, nothing was too much trouble for them and they were very eager to ensure that your stay was perfect. The meals were basic but wholesome and I am a fussy eater, but found plenty to eat and try, there was always soups, salads, choices of hot food, deserts, Ice ceam and fresh fruit, and the breakfasts were good also. Thomsons rep was very good and knew the area, there was no hard sell on the trips, she told us what they were and then it was up to us to see her if we wanted to book anything, which i liked as I hate to feel pushed. You can hire safety boxes which are in the room, and very reasonably charged, just 2 euros a day plus 3 euro deposit. There is a mini fridge in your room and you can hire an iron or mini kettle if you wish but these are not mentioned as available in the welcome meeting, or in the directory of services in your room, so I am unsure of costs. The pool was really clean, and plenty of sunbeds were available, and the fridges in the bar were always stocked with ice lollies, cornetto style ice creams and choc ices I like to see the news and the choice of TV in english for those who want to watch it was very good even a Disney channel to keep the children ammused while parents were getting ready. Dinner finished at 8.30pm which I thought was early, but it gave you a chance to walk to the sea front which took a steady 10 minutes walk. There were lots of shops mini bazaars etc all worth a look and some bargins are to be had. Those of my group who went to one of the many markets were pleased with what was on offer and impressed by the size of them, but gave the warning, don't buy straight away , look round and come back a little later if you have seen something you like. The Ting Ting train is great and a very good way of seeing round the resort, it stops almost outside the hotel and costs a few euros per trip, If you have forgotten anything or just want a few snax in your room there is a large supermarket accross the road where you can pick up anything you have forgotten and more besides!.
This hotel and its staff are fab, and you can see this by the amount of people making return visits.

Well done Haiti - long may you continue

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the pool are good, but all rooms are good as they should only be for changing in...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
9  Thank lynnette5
Reviewed 9 May 2014

A great family holiday had by all, great for large groups the hotels staff were fantastic, especially the bar staff, the two Paco's, the two Juan's and Jesus were especially welcoming, food was very good, great selection although a bit repetitive with the pork recipes. Drinks selections were fantastic, lots of mocktails and slush drinks for the kids and cocktails and long drinks for the adults. Pool area nice and clean with new outside furniture, we stayed on 4th floor and room furniture does need upgrading, however rooms and hotel spotlessly cream and bathrooms are fairly new. Thanks for a great group family holiday

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank BradieH
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed in July 2013. As said, it was okay, but nothing particularly special.
The rooms were fairly standard. Cleaned most days of the week. Had no change of towels.
The food, when good was really good, but sometimes it didn't always quite hit the mark. However, there was a fair amount of choice, regardless of if you went at the start of the very end of meal times.
The pool wasn't ideal. Theres a REALLY shallow bit for children, or a very deep area, and not much in between. This is fine, if you're not below 5'5 (like I am!). I couldn't stand unless in the really shallow area or at the very side, which I wasn't very happy with.
Entertainment wasn't on every night, which I found surprising. However the nights it was on was enjoyable.
All the staff are friendly and helpful. They seem to enforce the drinking age, which is I've never seen whenever I've been abroad. They actually asked to see my passport before they would serve me! This isn't a bad thing, just worth commenting on because it's not something I've come across.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rabb_x
Reviewed 9 March 2014

i stayed last october and am going back hotel clean and very freindly perfect position for beach and shops .pool very clean do not have to rush to save sunbeds , food was hot and a variety everyday , staff were very helpfull and polite , not hardly any nearby noise and entertainment was fine . all amenities at this hotel are a full 10 marks out of ten .

Room Tip: corner rooms are best 360 "degrees view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
11  Thank Sharon M
Reviewed 22 February 2014

My review of Haiti are probably a bit late but here goes: I first went to Haiti back in May 2012 for a 2 week stay with my Mum. We had a twin room which had a pool view. All very clean and tidy. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were all supurb (although at times a little repetitive) but always something to find. Desserts were great - just try everything! Can' Picafort is a nice area. Mercadona is opposite so if you want nuts or crisps or even some nibbles then you can nip across and buy stuff and bring into the Hotel. Afternoon cakes are at the bar at 5pm. Bar is open from 9am until 11.45pm. If you want to take drinks up to your room if you are not quite done drinking (like me and my mum) then ask for plastic cups and they will put it in there for you and then you can take upstairs. Sandwiches are usually out in the display cabinet in the bar area for around 10.30ish - always salami, salami and cheese or ham or cheese and ham. Oh and the ice cream is unlimited - just help yourself!!!! Mum and I fell in love with Hotel Haiti and we went back the year after and again it was just as great. Would love to return this year but we are going to Tunisia instead. All the staff are hardworking and dedicated to their jobs. Oh and if you do get a pool view dont worry about the outside noise as when the bar closes they move everyone from outside to inside and lock the doors so nobody can go outside.

Room Tip: Get a pool view
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family