“Amazing Holiday :)”
Review of SuneoClub Haiti

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ca'n Picafort
SuneoClub Haiti
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Ca'n Picafort
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel from 2nd May for 1 week. We had an absolutely amazing time and was so sad to be going home :(. The transfer took approximately an hour (scary bus driver) but when we arrived we were checked in straight away and the reception were very polite and helpful and their english was very good. Behind reception you can purchase books and daily newspapers such as the sun however they did charge around €2 euros 50!!! The rooms were basic but very clean, there was a TV showing English channels (Most of the basic freeview channels). Our room was quite quiet on the 3rd Floor, we were on the side of the building but I can imagine how the pool facing rooms could have been very loud during the day and evening. The bathroom was basic but quite modern and towels were refreshed everyday if left in the bath. The maid was very good and cleaned and made up the room everyday in the morning.

At breakfast there was a range of things to eat, you couldn't go hungry! There were cereals, fruit, always a full cooked breakfast, toast and continental breakfast. For lunch and dinner there was always something to eat however some of the meat did not look very appealing! There was a lot of pork dishes, could have done with more variety. My partner and I ate at 3 different restaurants in the evening during our stay. Our favourite was El Gaucho, it was an Argentinian restaurant which done an amazing mixed grill and only down the road from the hotel.

The hotel itself was very clean, the bar staff were amazing and very attentive, particularly Juan, he is a credit to the hotel. There were plenty of drinks on offer soft and alcoholic and lots of new things to try. There were also snacks in the bar during the day such as sandwiches and ice creams/lollys. The entertainment was not great. The Tina Turner tribute was my favourite, but could do with some variety and for it to start earlier. The entertainment did not start until around 8;30-9pm, there was no entertainment during the day. The terrace was lovely to sit out on in the afternoon but got colder in the evenings and by the end of the week there was little room in the bar area. The sun goes down on the hotel around 4:30-5pm and it starts to get a bit cooler around the pool. The swimming pool is freezing but once you have been in for a few minutes, your body gets used to it. It is very deep and there is little shallow area apart from the kiddy section.

The hotel location was just a 5 minute walk to the beach and strip of bars/restaurants. Great location!

Overall, we had an amazing time and made some great friends, particularly Kev and Sonja and Steve :) The weather was amazing, one day up to about 27 degrees.

I was very sad to leave the hotel and we would love to go back. We are looking at booking again in September but perhaps a different area, although this one was great. If you have any questions you can email me at bexmackenzie123@hotmail.co.uk

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Bexmackenzie123

Reviewed 13 May 2014

this place was exactly what it said on the tin! there were 15 of us aged from 7 to me 71. we had a great time yes there are areas that need upgrading but everywhere was spotless. my wife and I were on the 5th floor and the room had been upgraded and was lovely. the food was good but may be a bit repetitive if you stayed 2 weeks. drinks were local spirits but good and we made good use of this the staff were excellent with a special mention to the bar staff who kept us well supplied. pool area was huge and no problem with sunbeds. I should point out we were there the first week of the season only 50 in first night but filled up towards end of week, it got a bit difficult to get seats in entertainment area of the bar partly due to fact adjoining terrace area was cold in the evenings. another plus was free wifi also all main 5 uk tv channels plus a sky sports channel which reception could change on request. overall this was great holiday and was as good as some of the 5star iv'e beento. we will return

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank john a
Reviewed 13 May 2014

had a great time nice hotel nice staff and plenty of choice eating and drinking, the pool was pristine, the weather was fabulous, thomson rep couldnt do enough for us, loads of shops nearby for anything you forgot to pack,

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank madsue2014
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My partner and I have just returned from a weeks holiday in the Hotel Haiti. I have no complaints whatsoever. The food was of an extremely high quality with a wide variety of dishes - I have to add that if anyone criticised the food or could not find anything suitable for their taste, I would have to wonder what they would normally eat!!

The rooms were basic but very clean - to be honest you have a bed, a loo, shower/bath, sink, tv, fridge and a balcony - what more could you wish for???

The staff were extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. The staff were continually cleaning up glasses and changing ashtrays and did it all with a smile.

Would I go here again - yes I would. For a reasonably priced quick week away it does the trick.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool tend to be noisy both during the day and the evening. Request a sea view...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Mellie61
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I brought my family here the week it opened and we loved it. The food is excellent and always different things to choose from and snacks during the day and as much ice cream as the kids can handle. The boy Darren who was meant to do the entertainment didnt look like he really knew what he was doing and was really just one of the guests. Luckily half way through the holiday he was joined by Tasha. Tasha straight away got the ball rolling by doing a mini disco for the kids at night followed by a quiz/gameshow. . She also got activities running through the day. A special thanks to her for making the kids holiday. Also our favourite barman Quan (the young one) was so friendly. The only downside was there was no pool music and the entertainment explained they wanted it but the hotel said no. Even if it was quiet it would make a big difference. Overall a good holiday and would consider going back again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank jane s
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I Booked this break in November '13 a little unsure due to some reviews, but thanks to shazza 1982 any concerns were soon laid to rest, when I asked her some questions abouy her stay.
After an easy flight it took us about an hour to get to the hotel. We were booked in very quickly and the receptionist advised us that we should get lunch straight away as the restaurant was only open for another 1/2 hour. Following this I went to my room, this was nice nothing special but very compact and extremely clean. I requested an extra pillow which was delivered almost as soon as I put the phone down! The power shower was great and was wonderfully massaging The staff at this hotel are fantastic and not one person let them down, nothing was too much trouble for them and they were very eager to ensure that your stay was perfect. The meals were basic but wholesome and I am a fussy eater, but found plenty to eat and try, there was always soups, salads, choices of hot food, deserts, Ice ceam and fresh fruit, and the breakfasts were good also. Thomsons rep was very good and knew the area, there was no hard sell on the trips, she told us what they were and then it was up to us to see her if we wanted to book anything, which i liked as I hate to feel pushed. You can hire safety boxes which are in the room, and very reasonably charged, just 2 euros a day plus 3 euro deposit. There is a mini fridge in your room and you can hire an iron or mini kettle if you wish but these are not mentioned as available in the welcome meeting, or in the directory of services in your room, so I am unsure of costs. The pool was really clean, and plenty of sunbeds were available, and the fridges in the bar were always stocked with ice lollies, cornetto style ice creams and choc ices I like to see the news and the choice of TV in english for those who want to watch it was very good even a Disney channel to keep the children ammused while parents were getting ready. Dinner finished at 8.30pm which I thought was early, but it gave you a chance to walk to the sea front which took a steady 10 minutes walk. There were lots of shops mini bazaars etc all worth a look and some bargins are to be had. Those of my group who went to one of the many markets were pleased with what was on offer and impressed by the size of them, but gave the warning, don't buy straight away , look round and come back a little later if you have seen something you like. The Ting Ting train is great and a very good way of seeing round the resort, it stops almost outside the hotel and costs a few euros per trip, If you have forgotten anything or just want a few snax in your room there is a large supermarket accross the road where you can pick up anything you have forgotten and more besides!.
This hotel and its staff are fab, and you can see this by the amount of people making return visits.

Well done Haiti - long may you continue

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the pool are good, but all rooms are good as they should only be for changing in...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
9  Thank lynnette5
Reviewed 9 May 2014

A great family holiday had by all, great for large groups the hotels staff were fantastic, especially the bar staff, the two Paco's, the two Juan's and Jesus were especially welcoming, food was very good, great selection although a bit repetitive with the pork recipes. Drinks selections were fantastic, lots of mocktails and slush drinks for the kids and cocktails and long drinks for the adults. Pool area nice and clean with new outside furniture, we stayed on 4th floor and room furniture does need upgrading, however rooms and hotel spotlessly cream and bathrooms are fairly new. Thanks for a great group family holiday

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Tonga Tower Design Hotel & Suites
Globales Santa Ponsa Park
Globales Santa Ponsa Park
#20 of 35 in Santa Ponsa

Been to SuneoClub Haiti? Share your experiences!