“Excellent Holiday”
Review of SuneoClub Haiti

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ca'n Picafort
SuneoClub Haiti
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Ca'n Picafort
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed here from 30th June - 6th July 2014 and couldn't fault it. I think we were lucky as our transfer time was only an hour and when we arrived at 5am we were checked in very quickly. We were given a room on the first floor and although it was clean, it was a little dated. We asked if it would be possible to move to a room on a higher floor as we'd heard these were the ones that had been refurbished. They were able to move us the following morning and we were placed at the end of the corridor on the 5th floor which meant we had both a street view with the mountains in the background and a view of the sea. The rooms were really nice and modern and the bathroom had a far more powerful shower than the previous bathroom. A basic hairdryer was also in all the bathrooms. Rooms were cleaned daily and towels were replaced each day without asking. There was a mini fridge which was good for keeping drinks cool and a television which had all the British Freeview channels (both were free). The air conditioning was also free and the safe was around 15 euros for the week.

The food choice was excellent and I thought it was really tasty, with a lot of different buffet options each day. There were cooked breakfast options, fresh fruit, pastries, toast and cereal for breakfast and soups, main meals, salads and excellent dessert ranges at both lunch and dinner. You helped yourself to wine, beer and soft drinks at meal times and could take the wine bottle to the table, if you wished. The all inclusive drinks selection at the bar was was excellent, with flavoured vodka, cocktails and slush puppies all included. Bar service was quick and the spirit measures were VERY generous! They would give you your drink in a glass if you were staying inside or sitting on the terrace or in a plastic cup if you were around the sunbeds and the pool area. You could also take drinks to your room from the bar, in plastic cups. There was also a freezer with ice lollies, cornettos and magnums that you could help yourself to all day and wee cakes and sandwiches were served at specific times. It would be impossible to go hungry here!

There were some activities during the day and I enjoyed the shooting and archery. There is also a small play park for children and the pool is quite deep (although there is a shallow, separate section). We didn't pay much attention to the night time entertainment and were quite happy either going out or just sitting on the terrace enjoying some drinks.

We put our towels on sunbeds at about 8.30am each day and there were still some left until the back of 9; good if you are getting up for breakfast anyway but not so good if you wanted a long lie (although this didn't affect us).

The free wi-fi worked well both in our room and by the pool and there is the option to book trips via the Thomson reps in the lobby (although we never used this service). There is also the option to buy British newspapers from reception and you can get postcards and stamps from them too.

The beach and shops are a 5 - 10min walk, depending on your pace and the little train that goes around the resort stops just outside the hotel. It costs 3 euros each and is a nice little excursion.

Guests were a mixture of couples, both older and younger and families, although everyone was British. All in all, for the price we paid it was outstanding value and I would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Rooms from floor 3 and up have been refurbished and these bathrooms have a far more powerful shower...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank hodgehegs86
Write a ReviewReviews (1,514)

Reviewed 25 July 2014

stayed 12 to 19 July. Got room 511 as emailed hotel direct for pool and sea view and we got a new refurbished room which was lovely. Air con, fridge, safety deposit box, balcony with furniture and lots of wardrobe space and excellent shower in a modern bathroom. We have 3 beds and just enough space for everything. If you ask for two keys then you can keep a key in the slot so yr air con is on all day and cool when you get back. Free wifi at hotel all you do is ask for a code at reception. Fridge is free just a charge for the safe.

Cleaners come in everyday if you leave yr towels in bath they change them and make up yr beds. All staff are very nice and helpful.

We asked for extra pillows and they came next day

All inclusive food and drink is great. A massive selection including sandwiches and cake at 4pm and ice creams are decent ones like cornettos and feasts. Help yourself as much as you want all day

Food is great. We always found something we liked and kids selection good too. Beer and wine available on tap in the dining room too

There is a water machine in reception so if you save yr bottles just fill up when you want as there is no bottles of water at hotel but a massive supermarket across the road so if u need anything they have it all

Only downside is no air con in entertainment area . They should have stage outside really then more people would stay in and enjoy entertainment. Good seating area outside but gets filled up quick.

Pool is fab! Clean and a life guard on duty most of the day. Shallow area for kids but quite deep in the big end.

Usual bugbear of people reserving beds even though signs everywhere to tell you not too but we always found us beds before 10am.

Good kids play park. All enclosed and in the shade. Always felt safe and secure at this place and it was always being cleaned. Place was spotless.

Hotel a little tatty on some floors ie the carpets but please remember the hotel is being revamped. Lifts are slow but were always working.

Beach is less than a 10 minute walk and beautiful. I would recommend alcudia beach as well as quieter and you can get a bus from outside the hotel to alcudia and the port and the ting ting train stop is outside too . All transport very cheap Nd I recommend the train for good views of can picafor. My daughter loved the sponge bob blow up bouncy castle and the mini fun fair with trampolines that comes alive at night.

Plenty of bars and shops nearby so you will be spoiled for choice.

I would recommend this place. Even though there is no kids club there is a kids mini disco every night and the animation team come round during the day with activities if u want to get involved. Adult entertainment every night except Friday so we went to alcudia and got a horse and carriage ride down to the port which was lovely x there are plenty of pony ride parks nearby too as my daughter loves horses she was very happy.

Highlight was marineLand as we paid to have time with the dolphins and got to touch and teach them tricks and kiss them! MarineLand is a must. Only an Hour transfer on the coach and a great day out with beautiful. fe Nd beaches and splash park for the kids there.

any questions ask me and I'll upload so pics

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank catbreezer1973
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Nice hotel with really nice ,helpful staff (except for one miserable barman who I won,t name but you,ll know him when you see him ) the only down side of the hotel is they allow guest to reserve sunbeds ,even though there is a notice saying it,s not allowed . I spoke to guests that had the same complaint , apparently some guest were putting towels out at 5 30 am .we would normally get to the pool by about 9am and had absoulutley no chance of getting a bed So if you want to lay poolside set your alarms !!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Gail W
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Just returned on Tuesday and didn't want to come home.
Hotel haiti is a good 3 star hotel, better than I expected. Check in was fast and effecient and staff very friendly. The room we had was very basic but cleaned to a high standard every day, with clean sheets and towels every day, I understand the rooms are being updated at the moment. The walls are very thin so you do get a lot of noise from people next door and above you moving furniture about at 06.30 in the morning.
The food was very good better than I expected, but my one complaint would be that there is not enough choice for vegetarians, after a week of pizza and pasta you do get a bit fed up, ask the receprion for the vegetarian menu, it is a limited choice but the grilled pepperd where really good and made a nice change. All the staff here work really hard and do long hours, and very polite. A special thankyou to Juan for making my parnter cheese sandwiches very night. The bar area is not airconditioned so of a night this was unbearable somthign they really need to look into.
If you want a sunbed during peak times they you will have to ber round the pool at 6.30 otherwise there are no longers. This was not a problem for us as we went to the beach every day, which was just stunning, for 7 euros a day you can hire 2 sunbeds and well worth it the beach is a 10mins walk from the hotel and is a must if you stay in Can Picafort. The Hotel also has free wifi which is an added bonus. If you come out of the hotel and do a right walk for about 10mins there shops and bars lined along a stip where all the nighlife takes place, really pretty all lit up of a night, and take you down to the seafront. There is a also a little train just along from the hotel which is 3 euros and take you all around Can picafort well worth the money and only takes 45mins. Overall this was a good Hotel and once the rooms have been upgraded I would return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlookig the gardens/ resturant it's nice and quiet and you get the sun all aft...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank shirley a
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Once again I couldn't resist reading reviews before I left but couldn't find one that was really bad, arrived mid morning and registration was fast. I had asked for a top floor as per a previous review and I couldn't get any higher, 7th floor, only five rooms and only three in use which meant it was quiet, except for my music lol even though I was on the road side. On the 7th floor there is a door that overlooks the rooms but the views from the terrace out there are fantastic The only thing I would say is my balcony did slope and it wasnt the amount of all inclusive gin I had consumed, the bathrooms are fantastic and modern with a walk in shower, well mine was and some of the bedroom furniture was a little well used but to be expected and I understand is being upgraded slowly. Had a fantastic view not only of the pool but the mountains and the surrounding scenery. I asked for another pillow and it was delivered very quickly. The Food is excellent and I was spoilt for choice at every meal but would say in that heat the fizzy orange was better than the still at breakfast and found that when they say the meal finishes at half eight, which can be a bit early when its warm, they wanted you out of the restaurant by closing time. Had no problems getting a sunbed being on my own especially though people do save them and a friend who was there after me said that as it got busier for the summer holidays, it did get harder to find one. All the staff were friendly, the pool is great but very deep, especially in the middle except for very close to the part cut off for the kids. There are activities every day if you want to do them and entertainment had its good and bad nights but at least it wasn't the same thing every night like the last hotel I went to. This hotel appears to have more single rooms than a lot of hotels I have been in and it was really good not to feel like Shirley Valentine - the only single person in there. The walk to the beach and local shops isn't to far but the paths are very narrow and uneven, there are few tall buildings and the surrounding houses were all typically Spanish - all in all a fantastic holiday and hope to go back again.

Room Tip: ask for a high room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
8  Thank NMDavison
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Everything about this holiday was amazing, can't fault anything, trying to book for next year.

Brilliant food, nice staff, all English guests, good location, close to beach,

We stayed in one of the new refurbished rooms and it was just as nice as a Hilton room!! I emailed the hotel before I arrived and asked for sea view and that's what we got!!!!

Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank ElaineBradley
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Firstly, this is a good standard 3 star hotel - the food is decent with lots of choice, drinks & snacks including ice-creams are readily available & the amenities, rooms, location & cleanliness are all really good as you would expect. The staff are also friendly & generally helpful. So why the average rating? Simply put- noise. We had a room directly opposite a large hotel which made it their nightly mission to batter us to sleep with bass! We mentioned this & the Thompson rep told us that they did get several complaints about the issue, so not just us. If we wanted loud music & to party til the early hours we would have booked in Magaluf! We did eventually become slightly used to this....but then it appeared that the family upstairs from us, including all their children, realised that we were getting far too much sleep & so began playing what can only be described as musical furniture - until 4am for several nights running. As the walls & ceilings are VERY thin, it doesn't take much of a lack of consideration from others for sleep deprivation to become a very real issue. We complained to the hotel staff about this, firstly via the phone at 2am but only succeeded in raising a member of bar staff who was less than helpful. We then complained the next morning to the English speaking reception staff who were more helpful, assuring us the upstairs family were leaving that day & so it shouldn't be an issue- so we accepted this. Unfortunately the same thing happened again that night with my girlfriend and I nearly coming to blows through the elevated stress levels! We asked to move rooms but this was not possible. Finally on our last night, we stayed up later so the hotel opposite wasn't a problem as their music stopped by 11.30pm, and we also had relative silence from upstairs, so managed to be asleep by around 1am. Result! We actually slept quite well...until 6.30am that is, when the cleaners (who had obviously discovered a dead body given the noise they were making?!?) began shouting to each other in the corridor right outside our room. To be honest we were glad to come home to catch up on our sleep. It did spoil what would otherwise have been a really nice holiday.

Room Tip: If you can, get a room away from the main road/petrol station side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple