“You get what you pay for”
Review of SuneoClub Haiti

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ca'n Picafort
SuneoClub Haiti
Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in Ca'n Picafort
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed 31 August 2010

We have just returned from a week staying in the Haiti and I would agree with most of the reviews I have read today. The location was good with a short walk to the pubs, shops and the beach. The rooms were very basic and the carpets in the corridors could do with a good clean. On the plus side the food was good and the staff were nice and friendly. My children are 13 and 15 and we had to go out every night to find something to keep them entertained as there wasn't much to keep teenage boys busy. Having said that the Thomson Reps were great with the younger kids and worked really hard. The sun bed area and seating area is not big enough to accomodate the amount of guests staying there, this was not a problem for us as my husband does not sleep late so he queued from 7.30 each morning until the doors opened at 8 to reserve our favourite spot! At the end of the day you get what you pay for and taking everything into account this is definitely a 3* accommocation.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2010

Stayed for 7 days, rooms are very simple, some staff came across as quite rude and not very willing to provide any asssistance.

Entertainment was a big let down, very tacky , tried to stay out of the hotel as much as possible.

The selection of food was boring and plain, i personally ate out most evenings , some other guests just wanted to get drunk, were loud, not an environment you want young children in.

There was not enough sun beds, which resulted in people to que for a sunbed at 7.30 to put towels down,

Overall you like a cheap and tacky enviroment this is the hoilday for you.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2010

Have been to this hotel many times in the last 10 years or so. This is the first year its gone all inclusive and on balance i think it should go back to half board
The hotel is not big enough to accomodate those who have paid in good faith for all inclusive facilities on the evenings. There's not enough seats in the bar or out on the terrace. We went out every night and particularly enjoyed the recently relocated from the beach Trotters bar. Excellent night out. Mo and Garlick were brilliant and made our holiday. Lovely guys.x
Going back to the hotel the food quality is still lovely. They do appear to have abandoned the kids buffet, which was always handy if you have an under 12 who needs a fix of chicken nuggets, however we could always find something for ours to eat on the main buffet. The new lunch sitting seemed to have better food on offer than the main evening sitting. Restaurant staff absolutely lovely and very polite.
Barstaff still efficient and friendly but looked jaded and miserable. Its hardly surprising though if the first week of our holiday was a reflection of how it went throughout the summer season.
As others have reported, during the first week of our holiday, the hotel was like the bloody Jeremy Kyle show on tour with people drinking all day long. We had people smashing the rooms up, alleged spousal battery,and all manner of aggro, which ended up with the foyer being filled with Police on the Sunday night. It did seem to calm down after that night but for a couple of days after, half the hotel guests were so disgusted that it appeared the flaming pitchforks were about to come out for any newcomers who as much as sneezed flamboyantly :) Shame really. All most people wanted to do was relax and enjoy their hard paid for holiday..
It still is a lovely hotel, very clean, with great food and great staff - but they really do need to pull the standards up in other areas. The pool is nice, good size but the decking around it is cracking around your feet as soon as you step on it and the turning on of the sprinklers in the morning is turning the grounds into disgusting waterlogged mudbaths. Really not great when there is not enough sunbeds to accomodate the hotel and you have to put a towel down to enjoy the pool.
Icecreams available a plenty all day and slush puppies also available.
Loved the opportunity to have cake and coffee in the afternoon. Really lovely in the shade :)
The reps? From what we saw Jade was really lovely and an asset to the hotel as was Alex. Josh was missing from the last few days. Lovely guy although did wonder if he had been sacked.
To sum it up, I'm happily going back next year as I love the hotel and appreciate the staff, however, would I recommend it to friends? - No. Not at the moment.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2010

Just got back from a very weird holiday at the Haiti . First week a big fight in the foyer with two very drunk families blood everywhere and one member kicked out !!!! Second week Josh the entertainer was sacked why who knows but he worked so hard with all ages. It has been something like a episode in East Enders. The place needs a good looking at the measure of drinks to big the sunbeds a nightmare. If you are not down by 8 forget it.
Lots of very common people just out to get drunk and the language disgusting. To be fair we did meet some nice people in the mist of all this and the staff in the restaurant were great but just at the top end the bottom end were rude. Bar staff seem over worked and miserable a part from a couple.
I wouldn't recommend it. A few people said last year when it was half board it was better run. We were told it was going to be closed down in October for a big make over.I don't think they were ready for all inclusive.

Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2010

I never write reviews but this has to be said. I stayed on holiday here and only just got back today and what I found out was appalling. The entertainer Josh, who has nothing but good reviews on this site got sacked yesterday. Im discusted, Josh was the only entertainer that made an effort to get to know me and my family and would have been the only reason I would have returned next year. Expect a formal complaint Thomson this boy deserved praise not the opposite.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
South Wales
Reviewed 27 August 2010

Date Aug 2010
My party was myself, wife and two teenage boys (16 & 17).
First Impression.
I thought the Hotel looked more dated that the brochure images suggest, and in particular the carpets on the stars and corridors were worn out and dirty.
Eating
I like simple food and found what was on offer to be good and I was certainly never hungry during the stay. I did hear someone say that it was the first all-inclusive that they had stated in where there were no snacks available between meals, but I don’t think I had the capacity to squeeze any more into my stomach. There was never any problem getting a table at meal times although the tables were quite squashed together. There was hardly any queuing at the serveries. The cleanliness in the restaurant appeared to be good with a supply of sanitiser gel at the entrance which most people seemed to use, and I noticed the temperature of the food being tested regularly. You could serve your own drinks in the restaurant which was less hassle than queuing at the bar.
It’s the first all-inclusive that I’ve been to where you don’t have to wear a wrist-band. There was a sign at the bar stating that you needed to show your room card when ordering drinks, but I didn’t see this being done. I couldn’t really see what was stopping anyone walking in off the street and helping themselves to food and drink.
Room.
My first impressing of the room was that it was quite small on dingy, but it was acceptable. The bathroom in our non-family room was quite dated with rusty framework on the suspended ceiling and grubby floor tiles, but I think they were engrained with dirt rather than not being cleaned daily. The room was cleaned daily by the efficient cleaners who used something like Detol on the floors so I think they were main an effort to keep things very clean. I would advise anyone to request a pool view as the alternative is a view overlooking busy main road, and in our case a petrol station which was open from 6:00 to 22:00. I have enclosed a photograph of the delightful view. I don’t think anyone on this side of the hotel would use the balcony for anything other than drying towels or storing the inflatable toys.
The toe stubbing problem on the bed legs reported by others is completely true. I did it about twice a day. You get used to the pain and have been missing it since leaving so I’m weaning myself off with one kick of the coffee table a day at home.
Pool.
The stories that my son had read on Trip Advisor about the dirty pool put me right off using it. I jumped in on the last day just to say “been there, done that”. My wife swam in it regularly without any issues, and I didn’t notice too many children with the tell-tale cotton wool in their ears, but there were some.
My wife was kind enough to get up early to get sunbeds. I wouldn’t have bothered and found a space on the grassy area away from the smokers.
Bar Area/ Entertainment.
We only managed to get a table for one evening during our 7 day stay. Every other night we had to make do with sitting on sun loungers, along with about 30 or so other guests. I can’t really comment on the entertainment as the chances of getting a seat in the stage area was even more remote. The only entertainment that I saw (through the window) was the two man Beatle tribute which was different as I thought there were supposed to be four of them!
My biggest problem with the holiday was the lack of entertainment/space for older teenagers. I was with 16 and 17 year old boys and there wasn’t the usual games room, pool table area where they can hang out and meet friends.
Local Area.
The beach was a 5 minute walk away and we spent some time there most days. The coastline was probably my favourite part of the whole holiday. The local town centre is fairly typical with loads of shops all selling the same range of goods.
One thing I haven’t noticed in other reviews is the amount of dog mess on the pavements around the area, and in particular on the pavements from the hotel to the beach. How all four members of my family managed to get through the week without stepping any was remarkable. Maybe we used up our share of luck on this feat, and had none left for the evening table allocation lottery.
Reception.
I’m pretty tight with my money, and I know it sounds petty compared to spending £2000 on the holiday, but I still couldn’t help feeling ripped off after I realised I’d been paying a 1.70 Euros for a 1.50 Euro Daily Mail for a couple of days. After that I walked two minutes to a shop to save my hard earned cash!
Summary.
Overall because of the lack of entertainment for my sons I thought one week was long enough for us at the Hotel Haiti.

1 Thank CantSmileWideEnough
london
Reviewed 26 August 2010

We stayed for 2 weeks at the Hotel Haiti in Ca'n Picafort. We were a bit worried as the hotel had gone through some major refurbishment over the winter, so we had to go on the years previous reviews when booking. I have to say we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel was located about a 5 mins walk from the beach and shops etc. Our room was a family room which was a nice size. The bathroom was lovely, it had marble tiles, a very contemporary bathroom suite and was quite spacious. The walls of the room were freshly painted white and everything felt clean. The only downside was there was only a small wardrobe hanging space for all 4 of us.

The restaurant served a good standard of food, buffet style which was always tasty and edible. A couple of people moaned about the food but to be quite honest, it's a 3* hotel, not a 5* and you get what you pay for, not out of this world gastronomic dishes, but good tasty food. The restaurant staff were very hard working always clearing tables and re-setting them. If there was a draw back with the food the only one would be that eating 3 meals a day in the same restaurant can become a bit monotonous, so we chose to eat out a couple of times just for a change of scenery. There was a freezer full of various ice-lollies which you could help yourself from as much as you wanted which was brilliant when you have two small children. The bar also had a slush puppie machine and did milkshakes for the kids too. Late afternoon there was cake available and a late evening snack of sandwiches if you wanted them. The bar was well stocked with most spirits and I was particularly impressed when I saw a bar tender check some young guests ids before he would serve them alcohol.

The pool wasn't overly big, but big enough although it was very deep in places - even I couldn't stand up one place. Both my children are strong swimmers so this wasn't a problem for us but if you had smaller children it might be worrying. The baby pool was only 1 foot deep but it wasn't very big. The doors to the pool were locked each evening and opened at 8am each morning - so no getting up at 5am for a sunbed dash! All the sunbeds went really quicky when the doors did open, so you needed to be down there about 20 mins before if you wanted to be around the pool. At 11am the reps would come down and remove any towels from sunbeds if people had reserved them and gone back to bed which was really good. I can't stand it when sunbeds are reserved and then not used until lunch time or later it's just not fair. The reps always warn you they are coming round to take towels off.

The entertainment staff were fun and hard working and did a mini disco each evening for the little ones followed by bingo. The hotel brought in entertainment every other evening. The shows ranged from really good to ok. There was an acrobatic group which was brilliant. If you wanted to see the entertainment, you needed to get there early as there are not enough seats for the size of the hotel.

The reception team seemed really on top of things and if you had any problems would try and solve them pretty much straight away for you. We broke an ashtray on the balcony by accident. My husband went down to reception for a dustpan and brush but they sent a maid instead who came within 5 minutes and cleaned it up.

To sum this holiday up, I would say it was a good, affordable 3* hotel which was clean, comfortable and had nice food. If you want 5* PAY FOR 5*!!!!!!!!

1 Thank crazyfamilyLondon
Eix Lagotel
Eix Lagotel
#15 of 30 in Playa de Muro
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,030 reviews

Been to SuneoClub Haiti? Share your experiences!