“Great Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Cala Bona
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Just back from two weeks in the Alicia. Everything was just right, the food, the room, the staff and of course the weather. Cala Bona is a quiet resort but if you want something a little bit louder you can just walk for a few minutes to Cala Millor. The entertainment was good and varied, with something happening most nights. (on the 2 nights there wasn't any we wandered down to the sister hotel the Bonomar and made welcome there).
We also found a lovely little tea shop. Stanleys, just a few minutes walk away. The apple pie was homemade and to die for. Locally made by a retired english lady and the owners mother.
Definately going back.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Rodney B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (603)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Well where do I start?! The hotel it's self was lovely, the staff were very helpful & chatty especially Jorge! Didn't think very much of Pedro very sarcastic and arrogant! But All the other staff were very friendly. Rachel our rep was great nothing was to much trouble for her! I went with my bf,mum and sister with me and my bf being in our 20's we got looked down on by a very stuck up family who thought they were better than every1 else but other than that it was a lovely atmosphere and a great holiday! Maids are brilliant I rang reception 2 ask 4 a extra pillow within 5mins the door knocked which was the maid with my extra pillow. Beds made everyday & clean towels daily. Location is great right in the middle of cala bona & cala millor, food wasn't great, was edible but not much taste. Good value 4 money 1 euro for ice cream! The only bad thing which I will say is AIR CON not very good could defiantly be improved! Would defiantly recommend to friends and family. We have all got severe holiday blues! Also not forgetting Chris &Mary they were fantastic and kept every1 on there feet, water polo was brill!! We will be back!!!! X

Room Tip: I recommend a room in the middle of the hotel as my mum had 1 on the side and much smaller than mine...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lauren O
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I have come back today from this lovely hotel and just had to write a review. I stayed here on my own and it was the first time I had ever gone away alone (I am a 36 year old woman). From the minute I arrived, the reception staff were warm and friendly and couldn't do enough to help. This continued throughout the whole of my stay. The head waiter went out of his way to make sure I was ok and well looked after. The cleaning staff were all exceptionally friendly. The barmen were fantastic. Always up for a little chat! The food was of such good quality and there was so much variety, you were never spoilt for choice. I had an early flight and the head waiter said to come down early and he would ensure that the restaurant was open so that I couls grab a quick coffee before setting off.

Although I went alone, the entertainment staff, Chris and Molly, were so fantastic with the children and adults alike! There was always something going on to keep everyone entertained.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a family holiday, or couple holiday. It's so clean, well positioned (2 seconds from the beach and all the numerous restaurants and shops) and was a delight to stay at.

I will definitely be saving up and taking my daughter there next year!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Natasha H
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2012

My husband and I had a nine nights stay at this hotel. Very clean rooms and all public areas. Polite staff and very helpful. Thomson's rate the Hotel as 4T +, but we would say it is 3T+ the hotel is rated as 3*. As beds are only changed once a week, no fridge in rooms unless you pay for one, no tea making facilities. and food was not great, greasy, and meats dry and not very hot. Bit crowded round pool area, but plenty of beds. We were on 5th floor which had pleasant views from the balcony overlooking the sea. Situation of the Hotel is nice as you can walk one way to Marine and shops and other way to Cala Millor, which is a bit busyier. If we were to return to Alicia it would be on B&B as there are so many bars/restaurants on sea front.

Room Tip: Sea view higher floors
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DianeV493
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My husband, sister her partner and I are from the Black Country and Tamworth and we stopped at the Protur Alicia Hotel for 2 weeks, the hotel is excellent spotlessly clean, rooms made up daily, clean towels available when ever required room itself was lovely all in cool and calming blues, bathroom adequate (a little on the small side but we managed) and sea view was just gorgeous. Sun terrace a real suntrap if sunbathing is your thing, the staff from the maids upto the managers are excellent and always ready to help and always greeted us with a big smile and a cheery Ola. Food was excellent even the fussy eaters would have no problem, the biggest problem we had was choosing we just wanted everything and on occasions had little portions of all the different options available because we just couldn't decide. If i had to be really picky i would suggest that fridges could be made available in the rooms as standard, they are available but at 40 euro's for the 2 weeks not particularly cheap. Cala Bona a lovely resort quiet and restful and when you want something a bit more lively, more bars and more shops Cala Millor is just a 10 minute walk away just follow the red cycle path it takes you straight there.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor and had an excellent sea view, 1st floor rooms also have a sea view but hav...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank EiRay188
St Austell
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Has anyone else had this experience?We were astounded to find ourselves abroad in a lovely hotel in a stunning sea-facing position in wonderful Mallorca - surrounded by English people! Looking at the reviews, no one else has mentioned this, so is it what many people want? When on holiday abroad, we love to meet the people, try the food, hear the music, see the most interesting places of wherever we are visiting and to meet holiday makers from other countries. I'd brushed up my Spanish but kept being answered in English at first, the staff told me they'd been told that's what English people like - if so, whatever must the Spanish think of us? The staff are lovely and soon adapted to our needs and replied in Spanish, we found them all very helpful and welcoming. It is indeed, as everyone is saying, a good hotel, but we were startled by the "Englishness" of it. Please someone from England tell me, is it what you all want - England with the heat turned up?

Room Tip: The rooms almost all (except singles, I believe) have an absolutely fantastic view of the sea, palm...
Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sally P
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Just returned from one week at the Alicia. Have to say one of the best hotels I have stayed in. Exceptionally clean, friendly staff and excellent food. Had a first floor room (3 sharing) next to the El Mar restaurant with fantastic sea views. Beds made daily and towels replaced if required. Can hire sunbeds for your terrace if in first floor rooms at 7 euros a day. No real issues with sunbeds around the pool, although it did get busier towards the end of the week. Can hire a towel for the week from reception for a10 euro returnable deposit so no need to take beach towels either. Only slight issue with air conditioning in rooms. It was very hot and air con was not working properly. We eventually found out they were waiting for a spare part! Short walk to the harbour or Cala Millor in the other direction. Cala Bona is a fairly quiet resort, plenty of bars and more than enough for adults but maybe lacking entertainment for older teens. Entertainment in hotel OK in the evening and bar closed at 1pm, although most people seemed to head of to bed after the entertainment,about 11pm. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
#4 of 19 in Cala Bona
Som Llevant Suites
Som Llevant Suites
#14 of 19 in Cala Bona

Been to Protur Alicia Hotel? Share your experiences!