“Good 3* not quite a 4*”

Aparthotel Cap de Mar
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Cala Bona
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Just returned from Aparthotel Cap De Mar. My husband had checked lots of reviews before booking but some very important details were left out in our opinion.
We paid for a sea view room. The balcony actually looked out over The Spar shop! With the sea view to the right. Itwas very public.
The food was very good but the restaurant is lower ground level with no windows and was so uncomfortably hot that we went in and came out as quick as possible.Apparently they don't put the air con until June 1st.
The hotel is mainly occupied by Germans, we were the only English couple there, which made us feel uncomfortable at times. All the entertainment is spoken in German first as entertainments rep is from Germany as were some of the staff.
However most of the staff were excellent as was the hotel manager
We were charged €15for use of internet facility for5 days although we have just read on trip adviser that this was supposed to be free.!!
Finally, as previous person said, this hotel operates with limited staff, so during the day and meal service there are no bar staff on duty.
So overall an ok hotel but not that brilliant.

Room Tip: Highest possible floor for decent sea views
Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank connie268

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed during October, room was okay was not 4 star however, a good 3, nice view of a pebble beach, food was good & most staff made a genuine effort to make you feel welcome.
Not for children in my opinion, would I return? Probably not but it was a okay holiday.

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank smiley20101111
Reviewed 20 September 2013

just got back from 10 days at this hotel i would like to say it was fantastic.the hotel was beautiful,the staff was very helpful,maids cleaned everyday the resturant was lovely plenty of variety and they cook fresh meat in front of you.everywere was spotless.tea making facilites in room fridge and hairdryer.the only one thing i can say entertainment not too good.but go to cala bona hotel entertainment every single night. westlife tribute abba,rod stewart,adele fantastic.all in all fantastic holiday.

Room Tip: we had sea veiw room 312 overlooked sea
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank steven h
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Just back from a fabulous 10 days at this hotel. Can't complain about anything, food, apartment, cleanliness, staff, location, pool and last but not least the kiddies mini disco run by Pascale. The adults entertainment leaves a lot to be desired apart from one night, the rest is missable. Really enjoyed our trip and although the majority of holiday makers were German/Dutch this did not spoil our fun, in fact it enhanced it, we met lovely families who all spoke good english. We would go back in a heartbeat. Well done Cap de Mar!

Room Tip: the main block of the hotel gets the best views of the beach, the other 2 separate blocks get a pool...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank DianeNewtownabbey
Reviewed 17 July 2013

It's always good when somewhere turns out to be better than expected. We arrived late evening wondering where we might find something to eat and were delighted to find prepared salads in the fridge. The staff were friendly and helpful, the apartment and pool area were spotlessly clean and we also had a sea view. The food was generally of a good standard although if I'm being picky I did come back craving proper breakfast cereal and cheese & biscuits at dinner. The apartment itself was modern and comfortable - there wasn't really anywhere to prepare food but since we were half board that wasn't a problem and you could buy made up baguettes at the shop just across the road at very reasonable prices. The entertainment was better some evenings than others so a couple of days we walked to the nearby Thomson Gold hotel or had a stroll down to the harbour for coffee. The hotel is very central to the resort and right next to the beach. I'd also recommend hiring bicycles for a few hours for a leisurely trip along the coast.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank janicehelen
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I organised a suprise trip for our friends 50th there were 3 of us travelling 40-49 (shes not yet 50)age group. I was really worried as just before we went I realised that it was only a one bed apart. I had thought there were 2. I had written to the hotel but unfortunately got no response back from them to clarify if it was only 1 or 2.
However we arrived late at night and I was delighted to see that they took my comment on board and gave us a room with a sea view. the apartment was very spacious and I did get the couch but it was a big L shaped couch where my bed was made up on one end of it. I was 6 months pregnant at the time so it was important that I was comfortable. the bed felt like that of a Tempura matress where it just absorbs the shape of your body. It was great and I slept brilliant.
Very clean, very friendly no complaints whatsoever. the pool side was clean and plenty of chairs. Even though you are on the main walk way it is so quiet. I have recommended it to my friend who has a son in a wheel chair the hotel caters for all their needs and there is a chair lift in and out of the pool also.
I will definitely return as will my 2 friends.

Room Tip: 201 or 301 if you want the best room with a sea view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank FBIgal
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed at Cap de Mar for three weeks and enjoyed every moment! Very nice and clean, and the staff was exceptionally nice and serviceminded! The room was nice and clean, although pretty basic, and we had an oceanview. Comfortable beds and couch.
Since we booked with half-board, we were happliy surprised that the food was so excellent. We ate there every morning and night for three weeks and never got tired of it, there was something for everybody!
Nice pool, never a problem to get a sunchair, although we mostly went to the beach in Cala Millor or one of the other beaches along the coast (had a rental car...).
There was a spa downstairs with a jacuzzi and a swimmingpool with warm saltwater, nice to float around in after a day at the beach.
The brand new roof terrace was great, with a jacuzzi and lots of sunchairs and a great view of the mountains and the ocean!
I definitely recommend this hotel and we will hopefully go back next year!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
#10 of 19 in Cala Bona
Hotel Marins Playa
Hotel Marins Playa
#11 of 58 in Cala Millor

Been to Aparthotel Cap de Mar? Share your experiences!