Protur Bonaire Aparthotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Very Good 4/5
Hotel Catalonia del Mar(Cala Bona)
  • Pool
Hotel Cala Bona(Cala Bona)
Great 4.5/5
  • Restaurant
La Luna Hotel(Cala Bona)
  • Beachfront
2,400 results
All reviewssplash poolpirate shipkids clubself cateringthomson repsmain poolnext yearsoft play areafamily holidayrimini restaurantyoung childrenevening entertainmententertainment teamexcellent family hotelroom in blockkids lovetots
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I came here with my family for 1 week.
Simply brilliant. Great modern accommodation, clean, well equipped.
Staff were great, always at hand if needed.
Kids club and entertainment was brilliant.
Wish I could visit every year!!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank DingoDave50
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed half board from 4th - 11th April. Raining on arrival but sun came out in the afternoon and we had lovely weather all week. The hotel is lovely, very clean and the staff are very helpful and friendly. Lovely outdoor pool and splash pool for the younger ones. Food is excellent with a good choice at the buffet and also we had a lovely meal at the italian. Professional acts visited 4 times during our stay and were mostly of good quality. The male keyboard/guitar duo playing chill pop were particularly talented and played an excellent set which we thoroughly enjoyed. Thomson Reps provide some entertainment the rest of the time and have lots going on throughout the day. Cala Bona is lovely, small and relatively quiet this time of year. There is a lovely sandy beach in Cala Millor about 15 to 20 minutes walk also more shops etc here. We were very impressed how lovely Mallorca is in particular Palma which is beautiful, well maintained city on the coast with a magnificent cathedral. We visited Palma by public transport bus which took approx 1hr 30 mins (express service) and cost 18 euros each return. I imagine this bus might get rather busy in the height of the summer. Car hire is available from the hotel at a reasonable cost. We also hired bikes for the day from the hotel for 6 euros each and enjoyed exploring the local area. We booked 2 weeks before departure so got a good deal and felt we had excellent value for money.

Room Tip: We were in room 4008 on the ground floor which had the sun on the balcony in the morning only. Looked out over towards a large villa and had nice view of the hills.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed at the Bonaire from 4th to 11th April and what a great relaxing holiday both my wife and I had. We arrived on the 4th to torrential rain but by the afternoon the sun came out and for the whole week it remained out.
The hotel is immaculate and the staff are friendly and nothing is too much bother. They are a great credit to the management at the hotel.
The quality and variety for the food is excellent even for the numerous children who were there. We didn't realize that some parts of the country were on half term, but it didn't detract from the enjoyable holiday and there were plenty of sun loungers in places where you could find some peace and quiet.
All in all a great place for families to spend a holiday and we will certainly return at some stage.
Angie and Steve, Hull

Room Tip: On recommendation from other reviewers we emailed to hotel and requested block 4 rooms either 4116 or 4117. We got 4116. These rooms get the sun all afternoon although may be a but hot in high summer.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ellro
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My husband and I and our 2 sons (4 years old and 10 months old) returned from our holiday at the Protur Bonaire Aparthotel yesterday. We were there for a week from the 5th of April 2014 until the 12th of April 2014. We absolutely loved our full holiday experience, from start to finish, I cannot speak highly enough. We booked a package holiday through Thomson. The flight attendants were so friendly and very accommodating. Our youngest son was sick on the flight home and they couldn't have been more helpful. Considering we were travelling with 2 boys under school age, the flights were pleasant. The reps told us where to go for our transfers and we felt very taken care of. The bus journey was about an hour long. The hotel is lovely, the apartment exceeded our expectations. It was very modern and clean. We liked that there was a chain on the patio door, it made us feel comfortable enough for us to have the boys sleeping in the living room area, the oldest on the couch bed and the youngest in the cot, and my husband and I took the room. The cot provided by the hotel was lovely, it was a proper wooden cot rather than a travel cot. It was very comfy for the wee one and he slept great. The apartment was spacious and the 4 of us were very comfortable in there. The kids pool is amazing, the best one I've seen in all the holidays I've been on. The water was a bit cold for me but it didn't seem to stop the kids! Ha, ha! I'm sure it will be warmer in the summer. The kids pool is separate from the big pool which I think is a good idea. There was also a soft play area which came in handy for our 10 month old as he got a wee crawl about and play. The restaurant is well laid out and very clean. The food was great, we never struggled for anything to eat, even for our 10 month old son. There's a children's buffet which was perfect for the kids. We were all inclusive so we made good use of the food and drinks! The staff are very friendly and lovely to the kids. The staff at reception were very helpful too. I've saved the best bit until last - the Thomson entertainment! It was absolutely brilliant, I can't speak highly enough of the entertainers or the activities. There's a crèche and a kids club which run during the day. We chose not to use the crèche because our little one can be a bit strange but we put our 4 year old into the kids club and he absolutely loved it. They put a lot of thought and effort into the activities they do with the kids and they're so enthusiastic and fun. It was also great because our son met other kids and made friends. There was 'Little Pups' at night time for the younger kids and then 'Kennel Club' for the older kids where the entertainers played games with the kids and danced with them, etc. It was so good, even I found myself getting into it! Ha, ha! The entertainers were so friendly and kind and, I don't know how they did it, but they remembered every childs name! That was a nice personal touch and made my little boy feel very special. He loved them all, especially one lovely lady named 'Coco'. There were also games and quizzes throughout the day which adults could take part in and they were a lot of fun and good to break up the day. We didn't want to leave and we'll definitely be going back next year! We're so impressed by everything here!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank T7982EPlauram
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a 10 night holiday at the bonaire and we were sad to leave. We stayed with our 6 year old son and our 12 month old son, all inclusive and have had a fantastic time. The hotel was clean and well maintained and the staff were just brilliant, especially the waitresses in the restaurant who couldn't do enough for you. The hotel rooms are spacious and lovely and the cleaners do a fantastic job. The walk into cala millor to the beach was lovely and scenic. Can't say enough good about this hotel and can't wait to book again for next year. By far the best hotel iv ever stayed in

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family