“first flight”

and 1 more site!
Protur Bonaire Aparthotel
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Cala Bona
Reviewed 27 July 2014

hotel was very clean food very good staff friendly entertainment good but finished to early air-con very very poor we found it very annoying that the sun loungers were all covered by towels news papers and books by 8.ooam cala bona resort was a loverly and frindly place . plenty of places to eat and drink will definatly go back may try a different hotel even though we heard sun lounger reserving is a problem at other hotels all in all though we really enjoyed our holiday.

Room Tip: Higher floor levels recomended .
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank adrian m
There are newer reviews for Protur Bonaire Aparthotel

994 - 1,000 of 2,304 reviews

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Our 5th year in a row here at the Bonaire. Hotel gets 10/10 as ever. Food, friendliness of staff, accommodation, everything is faultless. What has really let our holiday down this visit are the terrible Thomson Entertainment staff. I don't blame the individuals themselves, they are just the wrong people for the job. In previous years the "Ents" have really made the holiday. This year they have no obvious talents, and are incapable of reading from a card of simple text without numerous mistakes and with the emotional delivery of a Speak & Spell. There is no real connection with the guests and at times is quite embarrassing. As about 80% of the guest are repeat visitors I'm pretty sure that if Thomson could be bothered to draft in the usual excellent level of talent , the season could be salvaged. Come on Thomson the Bonaire and its loyal patrons deserves better.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank HelenJMills
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I cannot find enough excellent things to say about this hotel. I have visited this hotel on four occasions now and cant get enough of the place. Every time we have visited, the staff remember us and make us feel so welcome. We went half board and the food was fantastic. My daughter is a fussy eater but the choice was great. Entertainment was great, especially for children. The pool and splash pool was perfect and very refreshing on a hot day. The apartment was in excellent condition and cleaned most days. The nearby beach isn't great, but a 15 minute walk along to Cala Millor and you have a wonderful beach. The harbour of Cala Bona has wonderful views and an abundance of places to eat if you want to eat away from the hotel. I really cannot wait to go back to Bonaire.

3  Thank Carl T
Reviewed 26 July 2014

stayed at the bonaire for a week july 8th , cannot fault a single thing,our 8 and 2 year olds had so much options of pools and never got board,entertainment was brilliant for both kids and parents,thomson staff are amazing for entertaining the kids, all staff from the minute u arrive to when u leave are so nice and helpful,this is without doubt the best hotel we have been to with kids can't wait to go back next year!!!

5  Thank Samantha H
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We had a great time here. Reviews made me want to book and we weren't disappointed. Hotel clean, all staff friendly and helpful and entertainment team were great - James Bond and Natatoui! The evening entertainment was overall good, toddler half hour, kids half hour then hour for kids and parents with quiz type things. Join in or not still good to watch as the sun is still shining, bar open and kids having fun. We went with our 3 & 5 year old girls. They had a great time in the pool, with the entertainment team, kids club (5 year old went in 3 sessions and loved it) and Thomson the Dog. We had 7 nights there and hardly left the hotel, will book again for 10 days and go to the beautiful Cala Millor beach. Probably B&B next time so can justify going out for evening meal, then back for entertainment. Get a Protur loyalty card before you go to get all your points on it and show when you arrive. Most people we spoke to had been to this hotel before and a lot were going back again too!!

4  Thank K F
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I am notoriously hard to please, and frankly, not much of a fan of the package holiday, but my second visit to Bonaire has blown me away, again!

Cala Bona is a reasonably quiet part of Majorca, so if you're looking for an 18-30's party atmosphere, then I wouldn't bother, but it's beautiful and a lovely little part of the island.

This time we were staying half board and arrived after dinner had closed in the restaurant. The Protur staff had a meal sent to our rooms, without even asking for it, it was a courtesy, and very welcome after a day of travelling with a youngster... for that... 5 stars!!!

The rooms are spotlessly clean and the cleaning staff are regular and non intrusive. There was nothing broken and nothing tired in the rooms, although the air con can be a bit fiddly.

The restaurant is great, with a buffet style dining every night, and a wide variety of food to choose from. I actually managed to stick to healthy eating options for both breakfast and lunch (which left a little room for the sangria), but there are options to go all out if that's what you're after.

My criticism would be that the sunbeds around the pool are a bit of a nightmare, with folks getting up as early as 6:30 (I was up this early to leave the hotel, which is the only reason I know), to claim their beds and no one really challenges them, despite the fact that the pool opens at 10am, it's a bit of a shame really, as we were sat beside beds on one day that had been "claimed" for 5 hours, with no one coming back to them, and that's not cool for the folks that are looking for some sun by the pool. The pirate splash pool is pretty good for the little folks, but my wee one preferred to get stuck in about the main pool.

Speaking of the little one, the kids club is great. Fabulously cool air conditioned rooms with guided games, arts and crafts for toddlers and older children. The staff here are fab and join in with the performances later on in the day. Which brings me to the entertainment staff.

I cannot speak highly enough of this years Thomson's staff at the Bonaire, they actually made our holiday, so a massive thank you to Natatooi, Minnie Mouse Megan, Captain Connor, Cha Cha Chelsea, Silly Sarah, Helicopter Hannah, Hana Banana, Mickey Mouse, Baz Lightyear Coco-pop Courtney, oh gosh, I hope I've remembered everyone...

My little one was obsessed with Thomson the dog, and the guys were more than friendly about it. He even got up on stage to do a little performance, which is open to all kids who want to (a fab idea).

I didn't partake in the daytime activities but the staff are on the go from 11:30am with poolside entertainment. We joined the festivities at 7:30pm with "Little Pups" which is a great wee activity session with Thomson the Dog or TTD. Which then went on to entertainment at 9pm every night, that ranged from local dance acts, singers, competitions and on our last night a fantastic rendition of Snow White, as performed by the staff. My only negative is that they were all so awesome, they made me cry when I had to leave... yeah, I did... like a baby!

Room Tip: If you want peace make sure you're not poolside, if you're not adverse to the entertainment...
3  Thank GillT79
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Really clean good quality hotel, you wouldnt be disappointed if you turned up here. Only downside is a 20 minute walk to sandy beach at cala millor, or there is a land train for a small charge, but the accommodation more than makes up for it. Excellent entertainment from the Thomson team, kids loved it! Best kids splash pool we have ever been too as well.

I'd definitely go back if looking for a hotel in this area, the hotel couldn't have done better and we are very fussy!

Room Tip: Entertainment in the pool area, we faced out the back of block 4 which was very quiet with great vie...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Protur Palmeras Playa Hotel
Grupotel Mallorca Mar
Grupotel Mallorca Mar
#12 of 19 in Cala Bona

Been to Protur Bonaire Aparthotel? Share your experiences!