“3.30 alarm clock. ”

Hotel Levante
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Cala Bona
“3.30 alarm clock. ”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Just come back from a 11 night stay in hotel levante.
Will start with the pro's, the hotel , we stayed in room 503 looking over the courtyard looking down on the centre stage . Good sea views over the harbour and sun terrace.
The room itself was very adequate fitted 3 beds , enough wardrobe space probably needed a few more hangers. Flat screen TV no kettle, fridge (but had to pay to be turned on , so didn't use it ) plus a safe which was €2 a day (didn't use that either.) Maid service every day , they did a great job and very friendly.

The reps are great very friendly and talented they do an excellent job.very good shows and entertainment.

The restaurant. All in all can't grumble food was hot and a good variety used the grill quite a lot in general 8 out of 10.only niggle was paying €2.50 for water (10×2.50×3=€75) it was free in the morning so why not at night. The snack bar and staff , good food and friendly.
The hotel sauna , turkish bath , jacuzzi was very good probably could have been better if opened earlier than 11 but that's just my own opinions. All in all the hotel was excellent and would book again. cala bona was chilled and relaxed atmosphere a short walk to the harbour about 5 mins .Cala millor was about a 10 minutes walk more busy but nicer beaches. We found a pub which we visited quite a few times if you like pointless quizzes music quiz and bingo then this is for you run by a Welsh guy called David (maybe :-)) it's called The pub. Julies sandwich bar was also good if you fancy a snack. Hire a bike 4 wheeler is €39 for the day an electric scooter €10 for 30 mins.car hire about €80 for 2 days .
Cala bona is definitely a place to stay if you just want to chill out.

Ok here I go if you have read other reviews you probably know what I am going to whinge about .The sun beds as I have come away to relax I don't want to get up at 5 am to put a towel on a bloody sunbed this is a joke , I overheard an elderly couple (which at this hotel there are a lot, "I set my alarm for 3.30 and he goes down to put the towels on the beds do we can get the best places") they had the same spot for the 11 days I stayed there.There is a solution if you think about it ;-).
The sun deck which we used alot was empty till 9 or 10 and plenty of sun loungers , the jacuzzi was about 10 feet away so when you got to hot straight in , was brill.
The beach was 50 m away quite rocky sunloungers was about €4 for the day.
To sum up the holiday very enjoyable and would go again thumbs up to levante.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Wayne S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
Co.durham
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 11 days until 27th of July 14 excellent hotel and staff spoilt by people leaving towels on sunbeds when not even using them.Will be hesitant to return due to that problem easy solved if not back within an hour should be taken off by staff.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Kenneth C
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I are 46 and 48. We chose The Levante hotel mainly because it was an adults only hotel. It was our first holiday abroad without our children now grown up and we didn't fancy other peoples children screaming and jumping on our heads in the swimming pool. Then a couple of weeks before we went someone kindly told us only really old people went there, who had been going for years! Also I just happened to read that gentlemen must wear long trousers for evening meals!
So really the holiday we were looking forward to turned to dread!
But how wrong could we have been! Yes there did seem a lot more of the older generation there, but as the week went on more younger couples arrived and some families with older children.
The hotel is really lovely air conditioning, carpets, fridge, hair dryer, beach towels all in your room. The food is amazing, everything you could wish for there was an issue about men wearing long trousers which my husband got round by wearing long trousers for the meal then nipping up and changing into his lovely tailored shorts after. I think the idea is so people dress for dinner and don't turn up in their beach wear. Which I agree with.
The entertainment was very good! But not much chance of a quiet time round the pool because the entertainment staff were there with a microphone every couple of hours doing games and quizzes! Which leads me to the only issue we had with the holiday!!! The blumming subbed challenge! Which we didn't enter into because it apparently started at 5am which was ridiculous! They started reserving beds round the pool at 5am. They all seemed the older bunch and they stayed there till just after lunch then when they needed a nap that's when we got a bed round the pool.
But there is a sundeck where it wasn't such a challenge to get a bed. We went onto the beach with a couple of airbeds and a parasol which we had borrowed from the Thompson Teams swap shop. So all in all all was good really.
If you want a lovely quiet holiday in a hotel on the beach where you can walk to a quiet harbour one way or to lively bars and shops the other. With no crying miserable children because they are too hot! This is your place. Absolutely loved every minute of it and I would go back in a heart beat, I suppose that's why the older generation go there and have been going year after year after year.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

5 Thank Tracey T
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Very good hotel. Good accommodation. Staff friendly. Food excellent (buffet, so can have as much or as little or the food you like, lots to choose from). Entertainment every night. Went early in the season, so entertainment indoors. Room overlooked the courtyard so not much of a view. I imagine the entertainment could be heard from these rooms in high season as entertainment would probably be moved outdoors and into the courtyard. Hotel location good. Right on the beach and the start of the promenade. You can use the indoor pool in the Levante Park which is just across the road, so good for out of season when the Levante's outdoor pool is cool. Reps provide entertainment in the day and were really enthusiastic. Reps changed during the holiday (were fill in staff before the season got started.) Were still enthusiastic though. Only disappointments were: Waitress overcharged for drinks (and we didn't realise until after she had walked away). Not enough room on the bus for all of our family on the return journey to the airport and we had to wait an extra 3/4 of an hour for them to turn up to the airport on another bus before we could check in. We were all meant to be on the same bus and no one was checking that people were getting on their allocated bus.

Hotel is about an hour away from the airport (mostly motorway) so hotel is easy to find, but need to either get a transfer or car hire.

Room Tip: Definitely worth having a room with a sea view (also will overlook the pool and may be quieter durin...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Reviewer1800
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

So really the holiday we were looking forward to turned to dread!

Wymondham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Went on a Thomsons Gold holiday half board and we were surprised and delighted how they have come on. Food was marvellous with great variety to suit all and served by very pleasant staff. Entertainment was very good on the three nights we saw it. Location excellent in this small resort. Only drawback was lack of available sun beds round our pool but we ignored that and went to the 3rd floor solarium area until 4 when the pool area started to thin out. Overall very good holiday. Palma Airport could do with more Air Con at the check ins!!!!

Room Tip: We didn't upgrade and got a good room with a sea view and lots of activity watching the daily de...
5 Thank Gordon L
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed at Hotel Levante for a week during July. We were two 19 year old friends and definitely noticed that we were in the minority of people below the age of 40 but this really didn't bother us. The reps were fab and made the day thoroughly entertaining and we came to genuinely miss them when one had a day off! Evening entertainment was ok, some nights better than others but again the reps did the best they could and put a lot of time and effort into ensuring everyone was enjoying themselves. Staff at the hotel were all friendly and helpful and we were impressed that they had prepared a dinner for us upon arrival even though we arrived very late in the evening. The area itself was nice but we found that a short walk to Cala Millor provided a better selection of shops and a nicer beach! Overall the holiday was exactly what we were looking for and the food and accommodation was excellent for the price we paid but the sun bed situation was an absolute joke. I went to reserve sun beds one morning at 7:20 am and got the last two sun beds. I appreciate there is little the reps can do to prevent this particularly when people are so desperate but it would be nice to have the option to have a little lie-in during your holiday. People were reserving sun beds from other hotels from 5am and I find this unacceptable when they have chosen to stay elsewhere. Really pleased we chose this hotel for its location and entertainment, the sun bed situation would be the only real thing that would make me hesitate to return as this was the worst sun bed fiasco I have experienced.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends