“Looking forward to returning here.”
Review of Hotel Levante

Hotel Levante
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Cala Bona
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We are just back from a great holiday in the Hotel Levante. Having read the previous reviews we knew the situation regarding the sunbeds being reserved very early. That did not bother us as we like being on the beach and getting around the resort but we did see several clients complaining.
For us everything else was excellent. The Thomson holiday advisers and entertainment staff were first class, as were the brilliant hotel staff. The food was really plentiful and tasty, and the restaurant staff were very pleasant and efficient.
We spoke to several people who came back year after year to this hotel and I think we will join them!!

Room Tip: Rooms with a pool view are away from the noise of the evening entertainment but there is some noise...
2  Thank jm001m3011
Write a ReviewReviews (1,179)

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed here with my wife, son aged 20 & nephew 19 in July, 2014. Had a fabulous holiday from start to finish. Staff from both the hotel & Thomson were wonderful. The hotel food was simply amazing. Entertainment was brilliant - couldn't fault a thing.

Room Tip: sea view is a must - wonderful to sit on the balcony at night. There are rooms which face the stage...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LDP285
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Just come back from a 11 night stay in hotel levante.
Will start with the pro's, the hotel , we stayed in room 503 looking over the courtyard looking down on the centre stage . Good sea views over the harbour and sun terrace.
The room itself was very adequate fitted 3 beds , enough wardrobe space probably needed a few more hangers. Flat screen TV no kettle, fridge (but had to pay to be turned on , so didn't use it ) plus a safe which was €2 a day (didn't use that either.) Maid service every day , they did a great job and very friendly.

The reps are great very friendly and talented they do an excellent job.very good shows and entertainment.

The restaurant. All in all can't grumble food was hot and a good variety used the grill quite a lot in general 8 out of 10.only niggle was paying €2.50 for water (10×2.50×3=€75) it was free in the morning so why not at night. The snack bar and staff , good food and friendly.
The hotel sauna , turkish bath , jacuzzi was very good probably could have been better if opened earlier than 11 but that's just my own opinions. All in all the hotel was excellent and would book again. cala bona was chilled and relaxed atmosphere a short walk to the harbour about 5 mins .Cala millor was about a 10 minutes walk more busy but nicer beaches. We found a pub which we visited quite a few times if you like pointless quizzes music quiz and bingo then this is for you run by a Welsh guy called David (maybe :-)) it's called The pub. Julies sandwich bar was also good if you fancy a snack. Hire a bike 4 wheeler is €39 for the day an electric scooter €10 for 30 mins.car hire about €80 for 2 days .
Cala bona is definitely a place to stay if you just want to chill out.

Ok here I go if you have read other reviews you probably know what I am going to whinge about .The sun beds as I have come away to relax I don't want to get up at 5 am to put a towel on a bloody sunbed this is a joke , I overheard an elderly couple (which at this hotel there are a lot, "I set my alarm for 3.30 and he goes down to put the towels on the beds do we can get the best places") they had the same spot for the 11 days I stayed there.There is a solution if you think about it ;-).
The sun deck which we used alot was empty till 9 or 10 and plenty of sun loungers , the jacuzzi was about 10 feet away so when you got to hot straight in , was brill.
The beach was 50 m away quite rocky sunloungers was about €4 for the day.
To sum up the holiday very enjoyable and would go again thumbs up to levante.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Wayne S
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed for 11 days until 27th of July 14 excellent hotel and staff spoilt by people leaving towels on sunbeds when not even using them.Will be hesitant to return due to that problem easy solved if not back within an hour should be taken off by staff.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Kenneth C
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I are 46 and 48. We chose The Levante hotel mainly because it was an adults only hotel. It was our first holiday abroad without our children now grown up and we didn't fancy other peoples children screaming and jumping on our heads in the swimming pool. Then a couple of weeks before we went someone kindly told us only really old people went there, who had been going for years! Also I just happened to read that gentlemen must wear long trousers for evening meals!
So really the holiday we were looking forward to turned to dread!
But how wrong could we have been! Yes there did seem a lot more of the older generation there, but as the week went on more younger couples arrived and some families with older children.
The hotel is really lovely air conditioning, carpets, fridge, hair dryer, beach towels all in your room. The food is amazing, everything you could wish for there was an issue about men wearing long trousers which my husband got round by wearing long trousers for the meal then nipping up and changing into his lovely tailored shorts after. I think the idea is so people dress for dinner and don't turn up in their beach wear. Which I agree with.
The entertainment was very good! But not much chance of a quiet time round the pool because the entertainment staff were there with a microphone every couple of hours doing games and quizzes! Which leads me to the only issue we had with the holiday!!! The blumming subbed challenge! Which we didn't enter into because it apparently started at 5am which was ridiculous! They started reserving beds round the pool at 5am. They all seemed the older bunch and they stayed there till just after lunch then when they needed a nap that's when we got a bed round the pool.
But there is a sundeck where it wasn't such a challenge to get a bed. We went onto the beach with a couple of airbeds and a parasol which we had borrowed from the Thompson Teams swap shop. So all in all all was good really.
If you want a lovely quiet holiday in a hotel on the beach where you can walk to a quiet harbour one way or to lively bars and shops the other. With no crying miserable children because they are too hot! This is your place. Absolutely loved every minute of it and I would go back in a heart beat, I suppose that's why the older generation go there and have been going year after year after year.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

5  Thank Tracey T
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Very good hotel. Good accommodation. Staff friendly. Food excellent (buffet, so can have as much or as little or the food you like, lots to choose from). Entertainment every night. Went early in the season, so entertainment indoors. Room overlooked the courtyard so not much of a view. I imagine the entertainment could be heard from these rooms in high season as entertainment would probably be moved outdoors and into the courtyard. Hotel location good. Right on the beach and the start of the promenade. You can use the indoor pool in the Levante Park which is just across the road, so good for out of season when the Levante's outdoor pool is cool. Reps provide entertainment in the day and were really enthusiastic. Reps changed during the holiday (were fill in staff before the season got started.) Were still enthusiastic though. Only disappointments were: Waitress overcharged for drinks (and we didn't realise until after she had walked away). Not enough room on the bus for all of our family on the return journey to the airport and we had to wait an extra 3/4 of an hour for them to turn up to the airport on another bus before we could check in. We were all meant to be on the same bus and no one was checking that people were getting on their allocated bus.

Hotel is about an hour away from the airport (mostly motorway) so hotel is easy to find, but need to either get a transfer or car hire.

Room Tip: Definitely worth having a room with a sea view (also will overlook the pool and may be quieter durin...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Reviewer1800
Reviewed 1 August 2014

So really the holiday we were looking forward to turned to dread!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cala Bona
#4 of 19 in Cala Bona
Marins Playa
Marins Playa
#11 of 59 in Cala Millor

Been to Hotel Levante? Share your experiences!