Hotel Levante
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$140
US$132
  • Restaurant
SOM Llevant Suites Hotel(Cala Bona)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$90
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotel Catalonia del Mar(Cala Bona)
US$105
US$97
  • Pool
Aparthotel Cap de Mar(Cala Bona)(Great Value!)
US$122
  • Beachfront
Hotel Sur(Cala Bona)(Great Value!)
US$65
bedfinder
  • Restaurant
Hotel Cala Bona(Cala Bona)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Atolon(Cala Bona)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,221 results
All reviewsthomson goldgold hotelsun deckthomson repssea viewsunbed situationevery nightturkish baththe sun bed situationentertainment teamsuperior roompool areaplenty of choicesnack barolder generationlovely hoteldining room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Hotel was very clean, food was really nice, reception staff were fine apart from the odd person who in my opinion should learn some manners. The holiday was cheap in comparison to what we normally pay we came to Majorca to spend time with my family we usually go to Dubai I must stress you do get what you pay for, sunbed situation hotel pool area is far to small to accommodate The amount of guests who stay here, we did go to Gran Sol hotel which was fabulous will not return to Hotel Levante.

Room Tip: Choose pool side
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank EllenLeeBurrows
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here on 22nd July for 11 nights. We stayed here two tears ago and enjoyed it so much that we came back. The entertainment team were fantastic. They are very talented and provided excellent activities throughout the day. This was the main reason for our return. The hotel staff were all very efficient and friendly. The waiters actually can remember people from previous visits! The food was actually very good indeed. You would sometimes see people putting everything on their plate every night (This would get repetitive). If they had taken a theme from the vast array of food available they might have enjoyed it more.

The sunbed issue. As I had been there before I was expecting this so if you can't beat them, join them. I was up at 6am every morning anyway so just wandered down and spoke to the people who were of the same mind. It's lovely at this time of day.

When we were here two years ago we had a room overlooking the street. This time I phoned them about three months before and asked for a room overlooking the pool or the entertainment. This was no problem to the people on the desk.

Unlike some others who have put reports in, I will be back at this hotel in the not too distant future.

Room Tip: If you want a room overlooking the pool phone first and make sure that you say when booking that you want a sea view as a minimum.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank William C
Reviewed 8 August 2014

our party of 4 have just come back on the 4th of august. we enjoyed our time at the levante polite staff & spotless in rooms/hotel.. food was very good & pressented well.

sunbeds were a big problem so we wont go to the hotel again for this reason having worked hard all year to go and expect to relax round pool we did not expect it to be so bad. there is a beach but we prefer it round the pool. plus it would have cost a fortune for 4 sunbeds & parasols

the rooms have a good hairdryer in bathroom I did not have to use mine. the draws are a bit on small side so ime glad I took a few extra coathangers. the fridge is a good size we bought our water & soft drinks from the shop through the hotel gate. water 80cnts for a ltr. no kettle in our room

our room was 501 it was on the stage side. the entertainment started at 10pm and finished about 1230 it was really loud so ask for a room on pool side if you prefer and if they have availability

beach sand was poor nothing like picture on website. we prefered beach at sa coma 10min in a taxi for 9 euros each way

all in all nice hotel but sunbed issue lets it down

Room Tip: noisier on stage side.higher rooms better view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank teamad
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Visited Hotel Levante from 22 July to 5 August 2014. I really enjoyed my time at Cala Bona and Hotel Levante. The hotel staff are extremely polite and helpful. At dinner times after a few days they knew what drink I wanted and it was on my table once I got there!

The Thomson staff and Holiday reps were also very nice indeed. They do a good job.

The room - it was for one person so take that into perspective when reading - was very nice and spacy. The bed was comfortable and balcony very nice. The maids were very good. The bathroom is a big size bathroom however the bathtub is quite small and very difficult to move yourself in that in using the shower head.

It is 2 euros per day for the safe and well worth it. It is an electronic safe using your key card rather than the old fashioned safe with a metal key. The fridge was a very good size. I could fit two 2 litre bottles of water and a 1 litre bottle of fanta lemon in that fridge which gives you an idea of the size.

The size of the television is good however the reception is really bad thus the pictures - especially for the british channels have lots of pixels and hard to watch. The Spanish channels are much more clear though. But surely a 4 star hotel should be able to get clearer pictures in this day and age?

The hotel reception staff are very welcoming and always answers your questions if you have any.

Now the sun bed issue - I stayed 2 weeks. The only day I had the opportunity to get a sun bed after 10am was when it was overcast one day! I usually woke up around 9am and by then all sun beds were gone. So do not stay at this hotel if you want to use the sunbeds at the pool side. Also because they have 3 hotels - Levante, Levante Park and Gran Sol you have 3 lots of guests using 2 pools and sunbeds. So as I am not sad enough to get up at 5am for a sun bed I alternated between using the beach and the 3rd floor roof tops sun beds which were much attainable at around mid morning to midday.

The man made beach wasn't great either. Although the sun beds were much more attainable and suitable times of the day - i.e. after breakfast around 10am to midday there was sunbeds available. 4.20 euros each for the sun bed and usage of the umbrella. Not bad and well worth and for me.

The food at Hotel Levante was not great either. Not bad but certainly not great. The size of the meats that are show cooked each night is quite tiny and you only have a maximum of two.

The buffet didn't have the greatest range of foods. Food was rather bland and not much taste - aptly suited to 70 plus age people. I prefer a bit more spice in my food.

However I must say on the other hand their desserts were magnificent. Lots of cake, flan, fruit and ice cream. Lots of choice and all good.

Breakfast was your usual and cooked for the masses so after a few days I didn't bother. I just went to the supermarket across the road and bought a packets of croissants for only 1 euro!

The day time activities were good but could get quite mundane and in that sense I often felt sorry for the reps who had to do this each day.

The transfer to and from the airport to the hotel was very well done and on time too. Only took just over an hour.

The snack bar is good and lots of choice pizza, baguettes etc.

I never stayed in for the entertainment at night so I cannot comment on that. The price of drinks is very reasonable also.

However I would not stay at Levante again for these key reasons:-

1 - Sunbed at the poolside issue. If they can't be bothered to sort it out why should I pay them again to stay.

2. The beach. It isn't a sandy beach and lots of grit plus the sea has lots of rocks. So I prefer a sandy beach.

3. The range of food and the actual food (except the desserts) are not 4 star quality. TBH I found the kebab shop nearby to have better quality meat!

4. Bathtub is tiny in a rather big bathroom!

But I can't fault the staff and the location is excellent and views are excellent as well.

So for me Hotel Levante is nice but not great.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool and beach are superb for great views at morning and night.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Papa_ed10
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed at this fab hotel for the third time. Chose to stay for two weeks this time. Lovely break as usual. All the staff are friendly and extremely efficient. As always very clean and lovely food and super entertainment. Lovely sea view which I enjoyed waking up to each morning, definitely worth booking one. Super location. Still the same problem with the sun beds around the pool, I never got one, I chose to go to the solarium where I always got a sun bed. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view but not necessary to pay for a premium room in my opinion. High floor is best.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple