“Netty and Jeannette's hoiliday”
Review of Hotel Moreyo

Hotel Moreyo
Ranked #1 of 2 Cala Bona B&B and Inns
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Netty and Jeannette's hoiliday”
Reviewed 29 September 2011

ive just come back from the moreyo, went with a friend...had a brilliant time they are so friendly and nice cant do enough for you.
The rooms are nice and clean, the bathroom looked like new, fresh towels and bedding everyday.
The food was really nice to, there was always something you liked, overall "great place" cant say more than that will definatley stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
7 Thank annette s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Polish first
Ellesmere port
Reviewed 16 September 2011

i,ve just come back from the moreyo and they could,nt do enough for me, i,m on a gluton free diet ,they had never heard of it, so Carolina got on the computer within 10 mins she showed me 4 pages all about g/free, she gave them to the chef, after that the Chef and the waiter showed me what i could and could,nt have which was brill so don,t knock it it,s a great little Hotel, Don, Ellesmere Port.

Room Tip: If your not happy ASK them to move you.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank don w
Hamilton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My husband and I have just returned from a twelve day stay in the Moreyo. We checked Trip Advisor before booking and took note of the negative comments about the food . We booked Bed and breakfast and it was perfectly adequate.

Our room got the sun all day and so was very hot even though we had a fan but next time we go we shall ask for a room overlooking the pool .

Our room was serviced daily and Carolina and her staff were so nice.

Entertainment was great and infact had a better atmosphere in our hotel than some of the fancier ones around us and that comment came from someone who was staying in a more expensive hotel but came to the Moreyo for the entertainment!

The location was excellent and had lots of wonderful places to eat around it. Met some lovely
people .

We'll be back!

We'll be back!!!

Room Tip: Rooms at the side of hotel are very hot, but the back got more shade. Just book bed and breakfast .
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Joyce H
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2011

We stayed for a week on a B&B basis and had a good breakfast every day before heading down to Cala Millor to enjoy the beautiful beach. All staff were friendly and we could not fault room service. Try and ignore the negative reviews of the hotel as some people seemed to have forgotten this is a 1 star budget hotel. It makes for a great base and is 2 mins walk from the best restuarants which can be found around the marina, where the stunning views make up for the variable quality of food and service. This hotel is set up to look after families travelling on a budget and if you want more, we would suggest you need to pay more but don't expect to find better value than the Moreyo !

Room Tip: Rent a fan, buy a plug in mossie killer and sleep with the balcony doors open.
6 Thank Smith1967
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2011

just returned from week at this hotel with my daughter. food very basic but tasty. Room was clean and spacious, only down side was that it was hot at nights so hired fan for week for a good price. Pool small but clean , liked going to beach so no problem .We paid for what we got and were happy with it . Room overlooking pool was quiet .If you want 3 or 4 star then pay for it elsewhere but dont run the place down . Staff very friendly.. I would go to this hotel again . In the end you can read all the reviews you want to but you have to go and make your own mind up, I was not disappointed and I have stayed in self catering to half board of different standards. You get what you pay for. People want to pay for 1 or 2 star and expect 4 star, that is not going to happen so be realistic. We enjoyed our holiday . Thankyou Moreyo.

5 Thank jenny186403
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I don't know where to start really? I never wrote a single review before, but I feel like I have to warn others. Everything in this hotel was of a very poor quality ( I know they say you get what you paid for, but this time it was a "false economy"). I really can't believe some of the reviews saying that the food was good. I am not a fussy eater and honestly I can eat anything, but the food in there just didn't taste good and was very greasy. One woman kept sending compliments to cook- I bet she can't cook at all and the best she can do is a microwave meal. Hotel is on a very busy street and our room was on that side, which made it really hard to relax and sleep. The noise was on till 5 am from holiday makers walking up and down the busy street. This hotel invites live bands every other day, but sad thing is that most of them just can't sing and it makes you cringe when you hear that. We go to the beach most of the time when we are on holidays, but now and again we like to spend some time at swimming pool-; well that was impossible- I have never seen such a small pool- it wasn't even good for a private villa, nevermind hotel ( 3 kids in there and no more room-forget swimming). On our last day there was no sunloungers after breakfast and we had to go to the beach instead. (bit awkward). Some of a staff were very friendly and nice, but one barman came across quite rude. I normally go all inclusive to at least 3 star hotel, but because I am studeny now I was looking for a deal, but it did not work. Never again!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank nika11_11
glasgow
Reviewed 16 August 2011

my family and i have just returned from our week holiday at the moreyo.we could not fault this hotel,we arrived in the middle of the night and we were checked in very quickly and shown to a small but very clean room.the food was not the best i have eaten but could always find something as there is a selection.the staff are all very friendly and the atmosphere around the pool was very friendly aswell.being not that far from the beach and harbour and on a busy main street there is always something to entertain you.we will definiatly be going back to the moreyo.

Room Tip: rooms are cleaned daily with clean towels daily aswell
5 Thank maryann m