“Updated 2014” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Cala Bona B&B and Inns
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Updated 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

This Hotel was about to open on 1 May when I was in Cala Bona after a massive refurbishment of the front and lounge areas at least. This is only a small hotel but puts on live entertainment most nights - outside onto the street which is very good usually with singers/guitarists etc and I have seen people dancing in the street when Chris Diamond a singer is on there - what lovely evenings we have spent outside there last year! Give it a try.

Room Tip: If you want to be there for the entertainment get there by 9 pm to be sure of a seat - you do not ha...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank whatcanwesay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Polish first
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Just returned from a 5 day stay at the moreyo was recomended by a friend,couldnt ask for no more for the proce we paid staff realy friendly will go out of their way 2 help maid service every day with clean towels,toilet rolls& bed made lovely breakfast close 2 all shops& bars will definately be visiting again

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Davemilsom
Darlington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here with my girlfriend for 9 nights between 4th & 13th May. We wanted a cheap getaway into the sun. We found this hotel online. We did not know anything about the location or the island of Mallorca but as a late last minute booking thought we would give it a try.

Lets get a few things said from the start. if you are a professional snob with super high mod con standards then go and pay 5 x as much for them and don't go to this hotel then leave bad reviews/complain, this is not the hotel for you. If you can accept that it is a building built from a different era which lacks the mod cons of a modern hotel and want a great value get away in a lovely location this place is a total bargain.

Basically you get no lift or aircon. This was not a huge issue for us because being in room 109 meant we had a very small walk to get to bed and we could also sleep with the patio door open and a lovely breeze came in from the sea. Our room was cleaned most days and the bedding was changed every other day. From reading other reviews i get the impression if you want it cleaned more often just put the tag on your door.

The room was a decent size with a nice modern bathroom and a sea view. The hotel looks like it has had some recent works of improvement so i have added some upto date pictures. The hotel is VERY clean and the bar/reception area is nicely laid out.

Breakfast is fine, if i was being picky it would be nice to see a bit more variety such as yoghurt and a bigger fruit selection but for the money i cannot complain. We had a nice breakfast everyday we stayed.

The staff were absolutely brilliant and i have stayed in much more expensive hotels which have not had staff who really do go out of their way to ensure you are having a nice holiday. For example my Partner left her coat on the transfer bus and the staff at Moreyo not only made the call for us but within a few days it was delivered back to us nicely packaged in a bag. The guy that runs the hotel seems to always been about and is very approachable. He went out of his way to put the GP on for us (No BBC but he really tried and we found it on a Spanish channel which was perfectly fine).

The Location is excellent. 2 minute walk and you are in the lovely port of Cala Bona and just a short walk down the nice prom and you are in Cala Millor with its long sandy beach and many shops/bars/hotels etc.

As has been said in other reviews the pool area is small but its perfectly ok and we had no problems getting a lounger. Their is no shortage of other pools to use in the area if you venture out within a 10 minute walk.

I have actually been reluctant to leave such a good review of this hotel as i truly believe it will become more and more popular and our secret cheap get away will be lost. In an area dominated by huge corporate hotel chains it is lovely to go away for such a bargain price but stll receive great service in a genuinely clean and well run hotel.

We hope to return in October and cannot wait to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank explorer7581
Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

if you want 5* then pay for it ,if you want haute cuisine then pay for it ,stayed at the very start of may this year and sept last year and had no problems at all,the food isn't out of this world but edible with plenty of choice every night ,location is fantastic and the staff if you take the time and effort to get to know them are brilliant from management to the cleaners ,always clean , rooms serviced daily if you leave the door hanger on ,reception updated over winter 2013 an improvement in some ways,watch out for elvis/Elton/tom the singer !! a good night and they have john smith on draught !! ,and could someone please take a west ham scarf for john/alf garnett the manager,and if you own a bar wouldn't you sit in it with your mates lucky man I say,try to email them for a pool view room early as the roadside ones can be a bit noisy with raucous pensioners outside,overall a very good value budget hotel which we hope to return to again,a thank you to all the staff that made us very welcome

Room Tip: email early to ask for a pool view room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank stuart w
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

This place was truly awful. It was like sleeping in a sweatbox, The bathroom had zero ventilation and was like a sauna. The food was dreadful. The owner manager often stayed up drinking with his friends making plenty of noise and could not be persuaded to keep it down.
We stuck it out for the first week but happily paid extra to move to better place. If you care not a jot for any kind of quality levels...go here. If you don't want to waste your hard earned cash go elsewhere!!! Don't say you haven't been warned.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Grant T
Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

When I booked this holiday I went on price alone. One might this is a dangerous tactic to use but on this occasion it worked, big time! I would have no reservation in recommending Moreyo again to those who are price conscious and looking no frills.

Hotel:
The building itself is slightly dated but the service provided is 2nd to none. I highly reccommend sitting at the front in the evenings just watching the world go by. The musical entertainment was very good any night it was on, and on the nights there was one in the Moreyo you could just cross the road.

Room:
The rooms are smallish and dated. They would be very basic with no air conditioning or television. This was not a problem as we actually spent very little time in the room. The toilet/shower would be especially small. The balcony is sufficient and reports of noise from other buildings etc were grossly over exaggerated. All entertainment ended at midnight and we slept soundly every night.

Pool:
Its small and the area around it is tight. I have to admit I never was in it as the beaches, very nearby, are lovely.

Food:
When one purchases a holiday as cheap as this one does not expect very much. The food was quite good, though maybe a little repetitive at times. I have to say I never went hungry anyway. The evening meals were particularly good. We had intended to dine out but never did as you would not have got better in any of the local restaurants. I wouldn't go overboard on the breakfasts, but then I ain't a big breakfast eater anyway.

Location:
Moreyo is on the main thoroughfare through Cala Bona. You are right in the centre of the resort. This area is very much a cycling/walking friendly resort. You can walk in comfort along the sea front for miles. Moreyo is about 50 yards from the seafront. The nearest beach is rather stony but go a further 50 yards and you are treated to a lovely sandy sheltered beach with benches and umbrellas available at a very reasonable cost. We spent nearly every day on the beach from about 10 am to 5 pm. Restaurants and refreshments are available very close by. I felt like I was in my own little paradise when I was here.

Night time:
The harbour area is amazing at night. The entertainment at the Cala Bona Hotel was always of the very highest order and free for everyone to attend. The street entertainment was brilliant also. I would in particular commend the man who had the converted bicycle. I watched him 3 nights and still couldn't get enough of him! The atmosphere round the square was electric in the evening. I was amazed by the spray art also. While the buzz is going on in the Main square, it is beautiful to walk out along the breakwater, and look back.

Attractions:
I would highly reccomend two places in particular. Firstly, on the saturday take the catamaran to the market further up the coast in Cala Ratjada. The market is great with plenty to see but am not so sure about good value. Secondly, Cala Millor is the sister resort of Cala Bona. There are footpaths between them and I would reccomend you walk to Cala Millor but in particular go out to the Castle on the headland at the far end of the magnificent beach in Cala Millor. You would be best to have reasonably good footwear going out but make sure you bring a camera, the views are amazing.

Overall:
Hotel Moreyo was a great holiday venue. Cala Bona was a great location and I will definitely return. I am no spring chicken anymore so it was ideal for me. Cala Bona is not geared for teenagers, thankfully. I would reccomend Moreyo and Cala Bona for future holidays.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
21 Thank tjm57
Stevenage, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed for one week half board end of October and things were definitely winding down. Staff were very friendly but room was not so good.
Not sure if he was the owner but we were greeted on arrival by a moustached man who reminded me of Alf Garnett. He always said 'hola' when we saw him. The younger waiting/bar team were friendly and as always multilingual (unlike some europeans)
Thin walls and noisy kid woke us every morning at 7am..Breakfast was excellent and evening meal ok...ish, My son found something to refuel on, but I did not and I am not a fussy eater..just did not appeal to me. Room was comfortable but shower lacked ..only hot water on last two days when I believe most guests had gone and even then only dribbled out.
Pool was good, bit cold bearing in mind it was nearly November but plenty of room to soak up some sun..but only for an hour or so around midday..in shadow after that.
I knew this was 1 star when booking so did not expect too much but it is located within easy reach of Cala Bona Harbour with all its eateries etc and it is not too far to walk into Cala Millor if you fancy a change. If you are very daring a return bus trip to Palma is only 16 euros and the express ones go at 45 past 9 and 10 in the morning. Bar in the evening had big tv screen but limited channels so we ended up across the road in Hotel Sur bar which showed more interesting (to us) games..football and tennis and F1 etc.
Mix of guests in the hotel when we stayed..English, german..not sure of the nationality of the noisy kid next to us!
Would I stay again....probably not and definitely not in summer, but I rarely return to the same hotel because I enjoy variety.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family