good choice of food. nice rooms with free air-con. excellent location close to cala bona and cala millor. quiet around the pool. plenty of sun beds, maybe a few more umbrellas would make it better. it got to 32 degrees when we went in June 2013, so quite hot during the afternoon. all staff really friendly and professional, even Manuel.
breakfast - cooked english, with variety of sausages.
toast, cereals, yoghurt. fresh fruit. continental (cheese, ham, etc..), and mackerel
full salad bar, plus hot foods, including pasta and chips plus at least 2 meats, and 2 types of fish. fresh fruit. 6 or more desserts. 2 x ice creams. lots of french sticks and other bread rolls.
same as lunch selection, although usually at least 2 meats, 2 fish and a stew plus another rice/mix up.
**it amazes me that anyone can complain about the food, unless (as i suspect) that people wont go near salad or fruit. I guess some people wont be happy until KFC sponsor their own all-inclusive holidays. One woman described the food as rubbish, and then went on to explain that she doesnt eat salad or pasta, didnt want to try the fish and wasnt sure about the meat .... she just sat with a plate of chips and a miserable look on her face.
there are 6 sparkling drinks, 8 still drinks, lager on tap and red and white wine too with every meal.
a few people spotted that there is a microwave provided so that you can reheat your food if you need to.
Would definitely come back here again. The food was generally of an above average standard, and compares well to other 3* All-inclusives we have been on .... the calamari on thursday was something else ..... absolutely fantastic.... and another couple we spoke to on the way the the airport asked us if we had tried it, as they thought it was fabulous too.
Not sure whether the review that suggested the place needed modernising was actually for Millor Gardens, but the rooms, pool, bar area, restaurant and reception are all in good condition so i suspect this was an out of date review (by 10 years) or not for this location.
The resorts of Cala Bona (5 mins walk) and Cala Millor (15 mins walk) have a high percentage of German holiday makers, but this hotels largest group were British. Maybe thats just the time of year. I highly recommend you go out for walks in the evenings to either of these resorts. The coast path is lovely, and there is some great street entertainment and restaurants at the Harbour in Cala Bona.
Most of the time there is no music around the pool, so its a very quiet hotel. The infant swimming pool, next to the main pool was popular too.
Overall, excellent value for money, and a really good 3* hotel that the staff and management should be proud of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Majorca, discover its culture, its people, its gastronomy. Immerse yourself in this magical island and enjoy the authentic Mediterranean from the Som Llevant Suites Hotel the holiday hotel in Cala Bona, Majorca created to give you days of sunshine, beach and unique experiences this holiday. A beach hotel in Majorca full of options and the best value for money! Conceived as a holiday hotel in Cala Bona with exclusive suites the Som Llevant Suites Hotel has been completely renovated to offer services specializing in couples with children who are looking for a relaxing place where they can fully enjoy the destination and relax and unwind by the sea: free Wi-Fi in all facilities, children's rooms, pools, spa, massage, restaurant, transfers, VIP services, a gym... A holiday hotel in Majorca choices and events tailored to discerning travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Som Llevant Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Millor Garden Hotel Cala Bona
- Som Llevant Suites Hotel Cala Bona, Majorca