Just arrived home from probably the best holiday we've ever had! Read all the reviews before we booked and was right to ignore the negative reviews. This place cannot be faulted.
SERVICE - excellent! All the staff, including cleaners, bar staff, waiting staff, reception, gardeners, pool men......all really friendly and happy to help
LOCATION - excellent! About 10 min walk from main cala dor centre. Hotel is built on 2 sides of a VERY quiet road. Spar supermarket across the road. Beach 2 min walk.
ROOM - excellent! Very modern, very clean, large walk in shower.
We stayed on an all inclusive basis for 2 weeks, and travelled with our children aged 9 and 6. Breakfast was open 8-10 but if it was really busy they would extend this time. Choice of food included...bacon, eggs etc, pastries, toast, various breads, hams, cheeses, fresh fruit, cereals, and even all 3 types of milk - full fat, semi and skimmed! coffee, tea, juices and water.
Lunch and tea choices were varied everyday and included pasta, pork, chicken, chilli, lots of different types of fish, chips, vegetables, steak, beef, paella, chicken nuggets, salad too many to mention. Snack bar/italian restaurant downstairs served burgers, hot dogs, chips, salad at lunch time and menu choices in the evening. Was a limited menu but cooked to order and very nice!
I thought i might struggle to find an alcoholic drink that was included on all inclusive as i'm not a huge lover of wine or beer or locally produced spirits but didn't realise this included local brands of famous brands (if that makes sense!) like tia maria!
Our room was cleaned and we were given fresh towels everyday. The hotel overall was very clean and well maintained. Pool areas were thoroughly cleaned every evening. Public toilets very clean and modern.
Now for the best bit.................THE ANIMACION TEAM!!!!!
They truly made our holiday for us, and probably for all the other guests too. They are fantastic people, so happy and kind and genuinely want you to have a good time. The daytime activities for kids and adults were great. We did rifle shooting, pistol shooting, archery, table tennis, darts and other weird sounding games! kids did, tshirt painting, skittles, football, water polo, face painting and more. There was never any pressure to join in with activities, the team would just walk around the main pool announcing what was on and where to meet. My husband and i never usually join in as we are both pretty quiet people but the team made us feel so welcome that we gave everything a go and even joined in on stage with the night time entertainment, winning mr and mrs ferrera blanca!!
Evening entertainment was top notch from groups bought in to shows put on by the team. game show night was hilarious, as was mr and mrs and the sketch show. They went the extra mile to make sure EVERYONE had the best time possible. Everyone we spoke to there was having a brilliant time and all said they would definately go back, as we will too.
Thankyou to Emma, Chico, Andreea, Carly, John, Cosmin, (and Mario) you are wonderful people and are all doing a brilliant job, well done! the kids are missing you terribly!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most exceptional areas of the Mediterranean, the East coast of Majorca, is known for its fantastic white sandy beaches with crystalline water and beautiful landscapes. This aparthotel in Cala d'Or, for its outstanding hospitality, delicious gastronomy and tastefully refurbished rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Lastminute, Priceline, TravelUp, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Aparthotel Ferrera Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Ferrera Blanca Hotel Cala d`Or
- Aparthotel Ferrera Blanca Cala D'Or, Majorca