We've just got back from a 10 day, self catering stay (25/5-4/6) and loved our time at the hotel. The rooms were of a good size and the army of cleaners do a great job ensuring everything is spotless. We asked our room cleaner for an extra pillow and she was back with it within 5 mins. All the staff were great and the activities were the best I've seen. The children joined in quite a few and even my husband tried his hand at archery and rifle shooting. They handled the children (and adults) very well and even took it well when they were thrown in the pool by some over enthusiastic guests playing water polo!
When we arrived, we were welcomed with a cold drink which was much appreciated after the long coach journey. We stayed in Block 15 room 201 which was lovely and quiet, next to a wooded area so we had our breakfast listening to the birds. They seemed to be installing wi-Fi boosters when we were there; at the beginning of our holiday we didn't have a signal in the rooms but by the end of the holiday we did. It's not the quickest in the world but it is possible to download films etc. We also took an HDMI cable so we could hook up my iPad to the TV in the room though this only seems to work with iTunes (Sky Go and Flixster doesn't like being connected to a tv). This was handy if you fancied a quiet night in or when it rained. It cost 3 euros a day for the safe which was a little expensive though.
There are plenty of restaurants and shops nearby - our favourite was a Chinese (next to the frozen yoghurt place, near Hollywoods, Murello something) followed by an ice cream from Cala d'ice which was the best ice cream we've ever tasted! There are plenty of supermarkets around but the closest was opposite the hotel. It closes at 7pm though. It opens at 8am and was good for getting fresh baked croissants for breakfast.
There are plenty of sunbeds and more were being added when we left. The beach is lovely (look our for the fruit man) but quite pricey for 2 sunbeds and a (fixed) parasol at 12 euros and we were only there for an afternoon. The water is very clear and you can see fish swimming around.
Our tips: pay the extra for a private transfer - we waited an about an hour for the coach to leave the airport. Use the hotel towels - for 10 euros per towel (refundable) you can hire towels and change them as often as you like. Great if you plan going to the beach a lot. Don't bother with the restaurant desserts - they're all the same and there's plenty of ice cream stalls around and it's cheaper! (go to Cala d'ice - you won't regret it!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most exceptional areas of the Mediterranean, the East coast of Majorca, is known for its fantastic white sandy beaches with crystalline water and beautiful landscapes. This aparthotel in Cala d'Or, for its outstanding hospitality, delicious gastronomy and tastefully refurbished rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Aparthotel Ferrera Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Ferrera Blanca Hotel Cala d`Or
- Aparthotel Ferrera Blanca Cala D'Or, Majorca